Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer (18137 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti To Become Brazil's Coach From June 2024 / Ronaldo Becomes Euros All Time Top Scorer / Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by PINKYandBRAIN: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
robosky02:
Incredible this Generation is bless
All the records of old are been broken or rewritten

Messi, Ronaldo ,Neymey etc

In the words of Neymey

"I want to say that this (the record) doesn’t mean I am better than him (Pelé) or than any national team player,” Neymar added in his short statement. “I always wanted to write my story in the national team, and today I did that.”

So guys how will you rate Neymey When legend's are mentioned

Has he really lived up to the expectation

PINKY: It's "Neymar"

BRAIN: Not "Neymey"
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Nemesis0147(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Dexy4yah:
He's never under pressure.
He does anything he likes with the ball.

He displays his skills at any given time.

Congrats finest baller
I swear.
Just like Ronaldinho and jay jay
They see football as fun…they will be playing And laughing….they play football for the fun of it not because they want to break records or whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by robosky02(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
oneman2k7:
Osimen will break that record

Hopefully he breaks Rashidi Yekinis record
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by robosky02(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
tardell007:
The prince that never became a king,what a wasted talent.This guy should have been better than he is now.

Neymar is a legend
Go check his statistics

He won the Olympics football gold no other Brazilian great could win for them. Remember Ronaldo and bebeto could not when Nigeria won it

All time goals even Ronaldo da Lima couldn't but Neymar has

Give it up for Neymar

1 Like

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Kingosytex(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sprints3:
yes oo Pele, Socrates, cerezo, Romario, R9, Carlos, Cafu, dinho, neymar,

All these and you no mention Garrincha, the greatest of them all cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Sprints3: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kingosytex:

All these and you mention Garrincha, the greatest of them all cheesy
knew I missed him. You are right

1 Like

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by amoreobansu: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
robosky02:
Neymar beats Pele’s record to become Brazil’s all-time top scorer

Neymar became Brazil’s all-time top scorer with his goal against Bolivia on Friday taking him to 78 goals and surpassing Pele’s record.

Brazil’s Neymar celebrates scoring his side’s 4th goal against Bolivia during a qualifying match for the FIFA World Cup 2026. | Photo Credit: AP

Neymar became the top goal scorer for Brazil’s national team after surpassing the total of three-time World Cup winner Pelé on Friday.

The goal that put the 31-year-old Neymar on the top of Brazil’s scoring record with 78 came in the 61st minute in a World Cup qualifying match against Bolivia in the Amazon city of Belém.

It was Brazil’s fourth goal of the match in a 5-1 win, with the last goal of the game also being scored by Neymar — his 79th — during injury time.

Neymar’s record-breaking goal came after a low cross into the penalty box, which the striker finished with accuracy from close range. He celebrated with a punch in the air, as Pelé usually did.

“I am very happy, no words for this,” Neymar said in brief comments to media after he was handed a plaque by the president of the Brazilian football confederation, Ednaldo Rodrigues. “I never thought I would reach this record.”

AS IT HAPPENED | BRAZIL VS BOLIVIA FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS HIGHLIGHTS

Earlier, the Al-Hilal striker missed a penalty in the 17th minute, which goalkeeper Billy Viscarra saved. Neymar’s second goal in the match came in similar fashion near the final whistle, with another low cross by Raphinha.

Brazil’s football confederation considers Pelé as its top goal scorer with 95 goals in 114 matches. FIFA does not count goals that Pelé had at national team friendlies against clubs.

“78 times Neymar,” the Brazilian football body said on social media after Neymar’s record-breaking goal. “Neymar scores the fifth for the Selecao,” it said after the striker’s second goal against Bolivia.

Rodrigues, the president of Brazil’s football body, reiterated Neymar had become “the all-time top goal-scorer for Brazil in matches against national teams.”

Pelé’s Foundation, however, acknowledged Neymar’s achievement.

“Congratulations, Neymar Jr, for surpassing the King in goals for the Brazilian National Team in official FIFA matches,” it said on social media. “Surely Pelé is applauding you today!”

Pelé died from cancer on December 29 in Sao Paulo at the age of 82.

“I want to say that this (the record) doesn’t mean I am better than him (Pelé) or than any national team player,” Neymar added in his short statement. “I always wanted to write my story in the national team, and today I did that.”

Neymar’s most-recent match for Brazil before the victory over Bolivia was the World Cup quarterfinal loss last year to Croatia. He left Qatar with doubts about his future in the national team and did not play the Selecao’s first three games this year.

New Brazil coach Fernando Diniz said Neymar came to play for Brazil “to score goals, break records, show that he is very much willing to live this (the national team.)”

“He is a great hero,” Diniz said. “People have to recognize it and accept it. He doesn’t do anything to get this adoration he gets from the crowd. It is because of the natural talent he has.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportstar.thehindu.com/football/neymar-beats-pele-record-become-brazil-top-scorer-fifa-world-cup-2026-qualifiers/article67287722.ece/amp/

And yet no single Trophy/World Cup compared to the great Pele.
@Pele 3 World Cup Trophies for the Selecao.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Numerouno94(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sprints3:
yes oo Pele, Socrates, cerezo, Romario, R9, Carlos, Cafu, dinho, neymar,

Garrincha, Bebeto, Rivaldo, Zico, Dunga, Adriano, Ze Roberto, Juninho etcetera.

Most Brazilian players were household names back in the days.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Vinnie2000(m): 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nazgul:
Injury just wasted Neymar's career. Ever since he left Barca, he lost touch with the game. In my opinion, he deserved to win the Ballo 'dor

It was Listening to Bad Advice. 😒😕

Anti-Messi Fans deceived him, that Messi is blocking his Progress, at Barca!. undecided

If he stayed in Barca, Messi would have left by 2019, 2020
And he would have the King of the Team! sad smiley
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by phemmyfour: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wodu89:
Neymar the football pitch swimmer tongue
In his time, Brazil will not win the World Cup.

The samba Boyz needs another hero

1 Like

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Vinnie2000(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
robosky02:

Neymar is a legend
Go check his statistics

He won the Olympics football gold no other Brazilian great could win for them. Remember Ronaldo and bebeto could not when Nigeria won it

All time goals even Ronaldo da Lima couldn't but Neymar has

Give it up for Neymar

Neymar is not even up to Rivaldo's Level, not to Talk of Ronaldo delima or Ronaldinho. undecided

He is not even at Romario's Level. sad

These Guys were STARmen for Barca and Brazil.🙂

Ronaldo scored a then Record 34 La Liga goals for Barca in 1996/1997 season.
Rivaldo was Legendary at Barca and won World Best in 1999.
Romario was Barca's Best player in the Early 90's and scored 5goals in USA 1994 world cup.🙂

Neymar is Not these Guys mates.😏

Neymar is same Bracket with Kaka or Denilson.😕
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by tragergeorge(m): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
tardell007:
The prince that never became a king,what a wasted talent.This guy should have been better than he is now.
He's not wasted from his tender age at Santos he's been growing breaks records winning trophies,,if not for injuries e would have had the Copa to his trophies,,his barca days was wow if not for Messi Ronaldo he for win balloon...he got Olympics,,other than d world cup he got almost all titles ...he's a legend..he's goal return is excellent couple with the gave that he got major injuries in his career...
He's among Brazilian greats

1 Like

Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Starboytwo(m): 1:13am On Sep 10, 2023
Kingosytex:
Starboy wey sabi play ball! Brazilian samba king living his life to the fullest. I so much envy this dude, man too fine, come sabi ball, and on top of am still get money.

Congrats Ney! More records are up for the taking.
Bro, you made my day with this comment. Out of all Brazilian Great Forwards you could ever think of, he is the Starboy.

My STARBOY.
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Quebec91(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2023
Good to dream big
monle:
All this records will be broken when my son starts playing football
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by Solowee1992: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2023
Congratulations on your record breaking, the Brazilian man
Re: Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer by robosky02(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Neymar is not even up to Rivaldo's Level, not to Talk of Ronaldo delima or Ronaldinho. undecided

He is not even at Romario's Level. sad

These Guys were STARmen for Barca and Brazil.🙂

Ronaldo scored a then Record 34 La Liga goals for Barca in 1996/1997 season.
Rivaldo was Legendary at Barca and won World Best in 1999.
Romario was Barca's Best player in the Early 90's and scored 5goals in USA 1994 world cup.🙂

Neymar is Not these Guys mates.😏

Neymar is same Bracket with Kaka or Denilson.😕

what they all couldn't do he have done

Win Olympics for Brazil

Surpassed Pele record

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Corner Bet Tips / PGA Strips Trump's National Golf Course Of 2022 PGA Championship / I'm Proud To Be Your Last Record Signing - Aubameyang Tells Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.