Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes (2594 Views)

Buhari May Recall Sacked Mani, CSO, To Redesignate Him Chief Detail - Tribune / Why FG Is Reluctant To Reduce Petrol Price / Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by OAM4J: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2011
DESPITE the criticisms trailing the recent sack of non-indigenes in its workforce, the Abia State Government at the weekend said it would not rescind the decision.

This was disclosed at the weekend by the Information/Strategy Commissioner, Okwubunka Don Ubani while speaking to journalists in Umuahia.

He said, “the decision is irreversible despite the criticisms in many quarters. The policy is not negotiable, no amount of criticism will make government change its mind, it was well thought out and taken by the government in the interest of Abians. Other South East states had earlier disengaged Abians in their service years ago without any fuss.”

He recalled that Enugu State Government was the first to sack Abia workers in its public service and wondered why the Enugu State House of Assembly was now condemning the same action taken by Abia State years after, even as Abia State lawmakers approved the policy.

Reacting to the recent advertorial sponsored by Association of Anambra State Development Unions in Aba on the same issue, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Conflict Management, Dr. Anthony C.B Agbazuere, pointed out that there was law in the state backing the policy.

According to him: “An employee cannot be forced on an employer, while a contract of employment is not a fundamental right as many have been ignorantly conjecturing. With the return of Abia indigenes in some northern states as a result of the insurgence of Boko Haram, coupled with the implication of the N18,000 minimum wage, Abia State Government is constrained to face its primary responsibility, which is Abia citizens.”

Also reacting to the report credited to the Aba branch of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), which held that the policy was done in bad faith, the Special Adviser to the governor on Electronic Media, Chief Ugo Emezue in a statement accused the NBA of acting ignorantly, asserting that, “the issue of transfer of service of non-indigenes did not start with the Abia State Government, as it had been effected long earlier in several other places in the country.”

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64557:abia-reluctant-to-recall-sacked-non-indigenes&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by femmy2010(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2011
I hope they immediately recall them cos this is not good for the growth of our federalism.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2011
This Abia government is wicked. A state of emergency should be imposed on that state ASAP. W've had enough of the de-development that's going on in that stae.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by 2sleek2NV(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2011
kokoro tin je efo, inu efo lo wa
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
Recall wetin? Those who were sacked need to come together and sue that state for all it has. It is time we stop begging for our rights to be respected.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Afam4eva(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Recall wetin? Those who were sacked need to come together and sue that state for all it has. It is time we stop begging for our rights to be respected.

+1

I think we need another Aba women's riot. This time na Abia government go suffer am.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by doctokwus: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
D clown of a governor,wt his otimkpus of masquerades dancing round him,is blinded and he gets closer to d pit
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2011
Who told you he is the blind one here? Aren't those who dance around him the blind ones? I really pray the affected band together and sue the state for this. Maybe then Abia's will realize what the governor has done.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by doctokwus: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Who told you he is the blind one here? Aren't those who dance around him the blind ones? I really pray the affected band together and sue the state for this. Maybe then Abia's will realize what the governor has done.
He is d blind one bc d masquerades are professionl praise singers(otimkpus),dats what dey do 4 a living,dere presence has blinded him to d pit(maybe unwittingly),as soon as dey are close,some of them will escape,leaving him to jump in;meanwhile those dat don't fall him wt him will go and dance for d nxt big masquerade.
Theodore's case is that of those whom d gods wanting to destroy first making mad,his madness is clearly manifest
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
He is not the blind one. He is a man carrying out exactly what he wants here. The blind ones are the people of Abia who continue to let him get away with it thinking if they keep still, it will all go away some day.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Rizstar: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
I dont giv a dam 4 those affected cos wen i was shoutin in d last concluded election againt dat man, dey called me names. Yes i am happy cos we r all feelin d pain.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by chines4(m): 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Rizstar:

I dont giv a dam 4 those affected cos wen i was shoutin in d last concluded election againt dat man, dey called me names. Yes i am happy cos we r all feelin d pain.
So you believe that two wrongs can make a right ehhh
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by doctokwus: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
D Abians are also @fault for not being bold enough to say no to tyranny,incompetence& corruption when they had d opportunity;I doubt if d sacking of non abians will now galvanise them to any action;d man deliberately or not is intoxicated&gone mad by d power of d seat& dis coupled wt d screen frm his praise singers has blinded him to all else.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by blackpanda: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
its in situations like these that i miss OBJ, this Governor shld has been thrown out of office long ago. Since OBJ left power, we have steadily witnessed the rise of the power of the Governors over Federal Matters. How dare he say "in the interest of Abians." This is the federal republic of Nigeria, not "the Federal Republic of Abia." The constitution says you can not discriminate against people based on their place of origin. Why is the NBA dragging its feet? This government shld be taken to court asap! And federal high court, not state, cos the governors control their state high courts!
And why is Jonathan pretending to be unaware of this development? For God's sake, this is a serious threat to our federalism! Is he waiting till every other state adopts the same position?
NIGERIA, what the hell is wrong with you?

SMH angry angry cry
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
blackpanda:

its in situations like these that i miss OBJ, this Governor shld has been thrown out of office long ago. Since OBJ left power, we have steadily witnessed the rise of the power of the Governors over Federal Matters. How dare he say "in the interest of Abians." This is the federal republic of Nigeria, not "the Federal Republic of Abia." The constitution says you can not discriminate against people based on their place of origin. Why is the NBA dragging its feet? This government shld be taken to court asap! And federal high court, not state, cos the governors control their state high courts!
And why is Jonathan pretending to be unaware of this development? For God's sake, this is a serious threat to our federalism! Is he waiting till every other state adopts the same position?
NIGERIA, what the hell is wrong with you?

SMH angry angry cry

You are joking, right? Wasn't it under Obasanjo's regime that the First Orji acted out his 8 long years of stupidity in the same state? Abi Amnesia dey worry una now??
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by 1025: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
now we can understand the freedom from orji uzor kalu he was rejoicing about. he told us he has been in bondage but now we know the truth.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
I cant wait for Rivers State to track down and fire all Abians from its public service, that state would be filled with so many refugees that Darfur would look like the garden of Eden, See Abia state trying to start a war that they cant fight, I laugh in Ohafia,
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by doctokwus: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are joking, right? Wasn't it under Obasanjo's regime that the First Orji acted out his 8 long years of stupidity in the same state? Abi Amnesia dey worry una now??
Its a bad nigerian trait,forgetting d past misdeeds of previous regimes and unfortunately each successive regime has bn worse dan d preceeding one;its d reason I luk@d GEJ administratin wt trepidation,much as I want him to succeed for us all,I fear he is sbody fighting against d prophesy of d soothsayer and of d history of govts in nigeria.
Each time I luk @d havoc done by people like Theodore orji,I get reminded of a scene frm Lord of d rings where king theodren asked:"HOW DID WE COME TO THIS?"
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
Okija_juju:

I cant wait for Rivers State to track down and fire all Abians from its public service, that state would be filled with so many refugees that Darfur would look like the garden of Eden,  See Abia state trying to start a war that they cant fight,  I laugh in Ohafia,

And if that were to happen, I hope all the Abias that end up affected, turn around and sue River State for ever kobo it can lay claims to. Nonsense! I keep Nigerian Nigerians are the problem with the system and people think it is bad to blame the people . The opinion expressed above is what I am talking of. How can imposing more shameless injustice make things right?
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
Women werent what they used to be. Abia women's riot ke?

I believe the only sets of women who still protest publicly together are Ekiti women. I'm sure tht they helped get rid of that riffraffs of all riffraffs, Segun Oni. Hopefully, Fayose is not deluded enough to come back with his PDP garbage.

Orji is useful in some instance; esp when he talks about Nigeria's segregation. I find it very inspiring.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
dumbfounded sad

now. . . More kids cnt go to skul cuz dady haz bn sackd, sad
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Rizstar: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Yes i told dem wen dey where shoutin & jumpin up&down 4 him cos of mere #40 wort of salt & a cup of rice he gave dem. D worst evil of ouk is by imposin dis man on us.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Dpharisee: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
The Governor of my state Abia is retarde.d somebody help me. bu hu huhuhu cry cry cry
His madness has gone beyond the market and the gods has destoyed him already,
Gov Amaechi please we Abians are begging dont retaliate we are not with Theodore on this.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^Do you live in Abia?
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
This abia thing is been over exaggeration. So he sacked non-indigenes who cares. Yes he is wrong but heck it is his state and the sacked people were working under his jurisdiction and not FG

Abeg free Orji biko
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by femmy2010(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Rizstar:

Thought the civil servant affected are suppose to be non partisan?
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by femmy2010(m): 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

This abia thing is been over exaggeration. So he sacked non-indigenes who cares. Yes he is wrong but heck it is his state and the sacked people were working under his jurisdiction and not FG

Abeg free Orji biko

What is wrong has no two names.
Nigeria would be in disarray if other states copied Abia state approach of sacking Non indigene.
Only someone that does not believe in the entity called Nigeria would see no wrong in what Abia has done.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

And if that were to happen, I hope all the Abias that end up affected, turn around and sue River State for ever kobo it can lay claims to. Nonsense! I keep Nigerian Nigerians are the problem with the system and people think it is bad to blame the people . The opinion expressed above is what I am talking of. How can imposing more shameless injustice make things right?

Atimes retaliation is the best response to useless policies,
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
Okija_juju:

Atimes retaliation is the best response to useless policies,

It is NEVER the best response. Retaliation is NEVER a good response, especially when the law is clear. In this case, the policy is clear--- that you have a useless governor going against the law, does not then mean all others should do same.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by Chyz2: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
D-pharisee:

The Governor of my state Abia is retarde.d somebody help me. bu hu huhuhu cry cry cry
His madness has gone beyond the market and the gods has destoyed him already,
Gov Amaechi please we Abians are begging dont retaliate we are not with Theodore on this.

Amaechi will not involve himself into this mess unless non-SE governors do as well. It may even make him seem more "Igbo" then he would want if he jumps in to it with rest of the Igbo govs which will not be good for him "politically".
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by DonRichie(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm introducing a new, strong and powerful website that offers the following: Free internet browsing, free downloads, tutorials and much more. Just visit www.upnaija.com to enjoy. Make sure you invite others on the internet by posting the link anywhere on the internet.
Re: Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes by lukzy2020(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
:This so called Ochendu (which should rather be "Otondo"wink kept us waiting hopelessly during Orientation and Passing Out Parade but failed to come after he has used corps members to win his election "selection". I think he should be called to order b/c he is not above the law of this great nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List People Who Stole Our Money In 9ja ............ / Profile of Edo State Ex PDP Chieftains in Adam Oshiomole's Administration / Sunnewsonline Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.