Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi (21256 Views)

FLASHBACK: I Have Received My Replacement Certificate From CSU — Bola Tinubu / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nonny95: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
The minister of works, David Umahi, has declared that he has the right to decide his replacement as the senator representing Ebonyi South district under the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mr Umahi left the Senate after being appointed the country’s minister of works by President Bola Tinubu.

The Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Sept. 8 ruled that Mr Umahi was the district’s validly elected senator after dismissing petitions from the Labour Party and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates.

Mr Umahi declared that he had the right to determine his replacement on Saturday during his visit to Gov. Francis Nwifuru, as part of his tour of the state to inspect federal roads.

He said that he is a prominent stakeholder of the APC as only the governor ranks above him in the party in Ebonyi.

“We would ensure that the party zones the ticket to Ohaozara (his Local Government Area) and it will not leave there.

“We would discuss the issue with the governor and through him, run through the court process pending where the opposition takes us to,” he said.

The minister thanked the governor for supporting his moves to make Onyekachi Nwebonyi (APC-Ebonyi Central) replace him as the Senate deputy majority leader.

“I asked if you could facilitate the process, you did and it is currently working.

“It is not every governor that would want his subject to grow but I want to assure you of complete comfort.

“President Tinubu does not like division and be assured that you are not struggling for the party’s leadership with anyone,” he said.

Mr Umahi noted that his decision to decamp to the APC from the PDP has yielded fruits with the projection of the state in mainstream politics.

“That decision nearly took my life, my properties were burnt and I became the enemy of the entire Igbos.

“The decision fetched all of us our present position so support the governor to deepen the party in the state and South East zone,” he said.

He declared that Mr Tinubu was ordained by God to lead the country, noting that he had maintained that stance since the electioneering period.

“I urge the Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Mr Peter Obi, and other Igbo stakeholders, to support Tinubu.

“The president gave us the foremost ministerial position even when we didn’t vote well for him,” he said.

(NAN)
https://gazettengr.com/i-have-right-to-choose-my-replacement-in-senate-umahi/

20 Likes

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nonny95: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Go ahead oooooo
We don't have constitution again in Nigeria.

But wait oo.

If these niggas no mention Obi, their mojo no go rise?

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
True
Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by talented321: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
He has the right to backup who ever he is supporting in the poll, it's normal thing everywhere u go...
Jagaban congrat in advance on ur victory at SC...
If people don't complain and wail the country is boring...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nonny95: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
darling4242:
True

In which part of the Constitution?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
How is that possible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Imagine the craziness!
Imagine the sense of entitlement!
Imagine the audacity!

They've divided Nigeria amongst themselves. undecided

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
under APC you are free to do anything you like.

you have the backing of the judiciary, they can help you to say you didnt do it intentionally

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
But your choice will still have to go through poll.

No automatic replacement

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
garriAndsugar:
under APC you are free to do anything you like.

you have the backing of the judiciary, they can help you to say you didnt do it intentionally

Peter Obi was in Apc when he won at Supreme court years back

Eish

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by iammo(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Read and understand... He has every right to support anyone to succeed him according to his fundamental right under democracy

9 Likes

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Eish
No but he didnt launder drug money

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Eish

Una go explain taya se! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
garriAndsugar:

No but he didnt launder drug money

Which drug money, the same petition quashed by PEPT?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
mariahAngel:

Una go explain taya se! undecided

Incoherent bunkum

2 Likes

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Which drug money, the same petition quashed by PEPT?

Search $460k online whether tinubu name no go show grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Search $460k online whether tinubu name no go show grin

Search Peter Obi Pandora if something won't pop up

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Incoherent bunkum

Of course.
You only understand balabu bulaba!

15 Likes

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
mariahAngel:

Of course.
You only understand balabu bulaba!

Again be creative, stop speaking in tongues. Be coherent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Search Peter Obi Pandora if something won't pop up
Obi did not launder drug money or continue lieing about working with deliotte.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Obi did not launder drug money or continue lieing about working with deliotte.

But he diverted Anambra money into his private business.

Imagine a governor for 8 years but claimed of generating meagre N2bn as IGR, and na the same oluku dey claim of saving N75bn abi na how much when Anambra budget as at then was even less than N100bn.

Everything about Obi and his supporters are just fake like panda

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

But he diverted Anambra money into his private business.

Imagine a governor for 8 years but claimed of generating meagre N2bn as IGR, and na the same oluku dey claim of saving N75bn abi na how much when Anambra budget as at then was even less than N100bn.

Everything about Obi and his supporters are just fake like panda
Id rather be fake than take drugs,launder drug money and forge certificate

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by helinues: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Id rather be fake than take drugs,launder drug money and forge certificate

You are not even original to start with.

Those your accusations have been flogged at High court, PEPT, SC would reaffirmed the judgement and anyone still insinuating on it can be easily dealt with

Senses can either be received easily or by force

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by garriAndsugar: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

You are not even original to start with.

Those your accusations have been flogged at High court, PEPT, SC would reaffirmed the judgement and anyone still insinuating on it can be easily dealt with

Senses can either be received easily or by force
He laundered drug money whether its 30 years, 100 years ago, the truth is that he laundered drugs. if not why did he forfeit

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Nzubeolisa(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Just imagine the careless talk

3 Likes

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by benuejosh: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
“I urge the Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Mr Peter Obi, and other Igbo stakeholders, to support Tinubu

Is this mockery to Labour party or what? Those people rather follow the Agulu man to fool around than come together for real 'development' of our great nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Racoon(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Emilokan mentality
Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by happney65: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nonny95:
Go ahead oooooo
We don't have constitution again in Nigeria.

But wait oo.

If these niggas no mention Obi, their mojo no go rise?

The opposition that should have been done by the PDP it is obi people that are doing it.

So we are giving them back to back and they are unhappy and sad with the back to back pressure we are giving them so they can't do without mentioning obi

They can die if they don't mention obi in a day. It has gotten that serious for them.. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by mrblessed(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
I thought you claimed to be a senator. Why the sudden change of track. These people, eh!
Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Top5ers: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nonny95:

In which part of the Constitution?

Lol do we still have a constitution?
Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by ecolime(m): 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
He declared that Mr Tinubu was ordained by God to lead the country, noting that he had maintained that stance since the electioneering period.

“I urge the Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Mr Peter Obi, and other Igbo stakeholders, to support Tinubu.

“The president gave us the foremost ministerial position even when we didn’t vote well for him,” he said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi by Emma513: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
But your choice will still have to go through poll.

No automatic replacement
that is the kind of party you supported

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodimma, Diri And Ododo Present Certificates Of Return To President Tinubu / EFCC Charges Dasuki To Court For Money Laundering (Photos) / Coronavirus: Ekiti Government Extends Lockdown By Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.