Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality (820 Views)

I Don't Have Dual Nationality - Peter Obi / How Hausa and Yoruba Use Ohanaze to Deny Igbo Presidency / Atiku’s Nationality: Where APC Legal Team Got It Wrong (2) (3) (4)

Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by wowcatty: 3:27am On Sep 10, 2023
A Yoruba proverb says when a cripple commits a crime, it's the people with legs that will do the run around.

Igbos are causing problems everywhere they are found and Yoruba are sharing in the punishment for identifying as Nigerians.

An igbo has been linked to a murder in Dododawa Ghana and Yoruba are sharing in the punishment right now.

If Pakistanis decide to go after Nigerians, Yoruba will share in the whatever they decide to do to Nigerians.

United Kingdom has 4 nations within its borders and all 4 identity themselves officially as
1. English
2. Irish
3. Welsh
4. Scotish
even during oath ceremony at USCIS, so why can't Yoruba do the same? Only immigrants call themselves British. It's understandable why others don't need to do it, but as Yoruba we have name, culture and traditions to protect. We should be saying 'Ile-Yoruba' whenever we are asked where we are from and when asked where exactly it is, you should respond with 'it's unfortunately currently part of what is now known as Nigeria and hopefully we will go back to being an independent country soon'. Yoruba please don't sink with this ship, let people know that we are not the sane and we are just forced to share the country.

Let this be known anywhere you find yourselves so when next a crime is committed in the name of Nigeria by people who thrive in chaos and don't know what humility and respect is, you will be spared.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Mindlog: 4:01am On Sep 10, 2023
Eyah, side effects of your antipsychotic medications.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by ImperialYoruba: 6:34am On Sep 10, 2023
OP, good point!

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Phoen1X: 6:51am On Sep 10, 2023
The "forced to share a country" part really got me laughing,...coming from a man whose father and uncles died as CANNON FODDERS in a war to keep naija united by force.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Nice2023(m): 6:58am On Sep 10, 2023
This one just woke up this morning feeling overwhelmed by the fear of igbo...kai!

The fear of an igbo has destroyed u guys psyche and is it that,u can't sleep without the fear of an igbo man?

No wonder my landlady once said to me last year,that her husband said,igbo men have heart. What they do,he can't do it.

Fear,fear nonsense.
Na only noise una know how to do.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by MrsTwrite(f): 6:59am On Sep 10, 2023
Happy Sunday y'all.
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by overall90: 6:59am On Sep 10, 2023
Some of you yorubas are shameless.
The same you people that have always been against secession.
Now that your Mr bulaba blu is in charge,why not urge him to use his power and push for disintegration so that you can have your country devoid of the crime-commiting igbos.
Fools

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by emmanuelbrown26: 7:01am On Sep 10, 2023
Nice2023:
This one just woke up this morning feeling overwhelmed by the fear of igbo...kai!

The fear of an igbo has destroyed u guys psyche and it is that,u can't sleep without the fear of an igno man.

No wonder my landlady once said to me last year,that her husband said,igbo men have heart. What they do,he can't do it.

Fear,fear nonsense.
Na only noise una know how to do.
That ur landlady was right, Yorubas are fucking cowards, they hv dis complex issue. Look around u and see how they hv sold all their landed properties to igbos and some south south

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Zooposki(f): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

That ur landlady was right, Yorubas are fucking cowards, they hv dis complex issue. Look around u and see how they hv sold all their landed properties to igbos and some south south

Leave South South out of this talk, abeg.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Judgementa1: 7:38am On Sep 10, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Igbo has heart to be criminals e.g drugs trafficking, human trafficking, rituals, and selling of fake and substandard products.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Munamu: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2023
wowcatty:
A Yoruba proverb says when a cripple commits a crime, it's the people with legs that will do the run around.

Igbos are causing problems everywhere they are found and Yoruba are sharing in the punishment for identifying as Nigerians.

An igbo has been linked to a murder in Dododawa Ghana and Yoruba are sharing in the punishment right now.

If Pakistanis decide to go after Nigerians, Yoruba will share in the whatever they decide to do to Nigerians.

United Kingdom has 4 nations within its borders and all 4 identity themselves officially as
1. English
2. Irish
3. Welsh
4. Scotish
even during oath ceremony at USCIS, so why can't Yoruba do the same? Only immigrants call themselves British. It's understandable why others don't need to do it, but as Yoruba we have name, culture and traditions to protect. We should be saying 'Ile-Yoruba' whenever we are asked where we are from and when asked where exactly it is, you should respond with 'it's unfortunately currently part of what is now known as Nigeria and hopefully we will go back to being an independent country soon'. Yoruba please don't sink with this ship, let people know that we are not the sane and we are just forced to share the country.

Let this be known anywhere you find yourselves so when next a crime is committed in the name of Nigeria by people who thrive in chaos and don't know what humility and respect is, you will be spared.

As good as your point is, it is targetted at igbo people which I don't support. No tribe has the monopoly of violence.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by kettykings: 7:56am On Sep 10, 2023
They have the presidency, they have the judiciary, they control police and military, immigration and customs but their biggest headache is still igbo.
If something is not wrong with their DNA then it is either a genetic or a mindset issue.

Why not use the offices you control to initiate a restructuring of the country, confederacy, outright break up of the country or Biafra exit. You will not , instead you and your type come online every second to open up on you insecurities on nairaland and other social media

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by cadmanspize: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2023
The great igbos will buy-up all your beneficial lands, force you down to osun where u will gnash your teeth in misery & resentment like your fathers.

The coward, cunny & manipulative ways of your people will only lead your people to penury & multi-dimensional poverty-stricken state.

Someone should bless dis thread with d image of osogbo.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Sharpsharp00123: 8:50am On Sep 10, 2023
wowcatty:

1. English
2. Irish
3. Welsh
4. Scotish

this Igbo boy wants to use reverse psychology to make us help him seperate Nigeria

We are ok with Nigeria

Abi u wan deny say u no b Igbo?

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by aswani(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2023
Yorùbá's too commit a lot of fraudulent financial activity in the US and UK so please rest.

Guess what, as early as the 1990's, a certain bank in the UK had software that flagged up Yoruba Names on loan and mortgage applications and ensured extra manual checks were done on them.

Any thing that had Yoruba "appendage" names like Olú, Ọlá, Ade etc were picked up. And you know the shameful thing, that software was proven to reduce the amount of fraudulent applications that bank received.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:03am On Sep 10, 2023
wowcatty:

1. English
2. Irish
3. Welsh
4. Scotish

Why you dey lament, One Nigeria don tire you?
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:07am On Sep 10, 2023
aswani:
Yorùbá's too commit a lot of fraudulent financial activity in the US and UK so please rest.

Guess what, as early as the 1990's, a certain bank in the UK had software that flagged up Yoruba Names on loan and mortgage applications and ensured extra manual checks were done on them.

Any thing that had Yoruba "appendage" names like Olú, Ọlá, Ade etc were picked up. And you know the shameful thing, that software was proven to reduce the amount of fraudulent applications that bank received.

I wonder why yoruba media never reported this in the 90s in their newspapers..
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by flokii: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2023
I am happy Yorubas are voicing out.. enough of the docility while our identity, culture and heritage go to ruins courtsey of some uncivilized cultures we share nation with.

The reform has to start from top to bottom.. our leaders in Yorubaland must stop giving out sensitive posts in Yoruba governments to outsiders when there are qualified Yorubas everywhere.. It's very very wrong.

Next is we should all start embracing our language as a means of communication both at home and abroad.. If you like have PhD in Linguistics and know all the phonetics in the world, once you are approached with Yoruba language, your response must be in Yoruba language and not foreign tongues.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Obaaderemi2: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2023
So yorubas and northerners, especially fulanis are not committing crimes too? What about the ibos giving Nigeria a good name out there? Rubbish.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Sharpsharp00123: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2023
aswani:

chinedu

Lie small small

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by DMerciful(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2023
Igbo hatred at its peak!

You have not said you'll leave Nigeria because of the terrorism toga it carries because of Northern bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen and bandits, neither have you said because its classified as the poverty capital of the world because of Northern Nigeria but you're mentioning the great Igbo nationality.

Tell me what Biafra which you've been opposing is all about; not to separate from you and the rest of Nigeria? Pretenders!
wowcatty:

1. English
2. Irish
3. Welsh
4. Scotish

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Obaaderemi2: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2023
DMerciful:
Igbo hatred at its peak!

You have not said you'll leave Nigeria because of the terrorism toga it carries because of Northern bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen and bandits, neither have you said because its classified as the poverty capital of the world because of Northern Nigeria but you're mentioning the great Igbo nationality.

Tell me what Biafra which you've been opposing is all about; not to separate from you and the rest of Nigeria? Pretenders!
Don't mind him. I don't know why everything has to be reduced to igbo vs yoruba. I maintain, the biggest problem to development Nigeria faces is northern Nigeria.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by aswani(m): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

I wonder why yoruba media never reported this in the 90s in their newspapers..

It isn't really something that was meant to get out to the media as liberals would have (rightfully) had a fit.

Besides it wasn't a Yoruba thing per se, those words were just added to the flagged up words but if they are adding Ade, Olá and Olú, you and I know whatsup.

The point is, it isn't just Igbó's that commit crimes so ticking the Yoruba box, so to speak, isn't exactly absolving you from any tainted brush.

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by aswani(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
chinedu

Lie small small

That's the first time I have been accused of being Chinedu.

At various points, Obidients have accused me of being a Yoruba Muslim amongst other things.

I feel special, hopefully soon someone will accuse me of being an aboki and I can get the full WaZoBia accusation.
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by cassyrooy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Phoen1X:
The "forced to share a country" part really got me laughing,...coming from a man whose father and uncles died as CANNON FODDERS in a war to keep naija united by force.
I thought it was written by a jobless-Biafran boy but it's not.
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by Conner44: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
aswani:

That's the first time I have been accused of being Chinedu.

At various points, Obidients have accused me of being a Yoruba Muslim amongst other things.

I feel special, hopefully soon someone will accuse me of being an aboki and I can get the full WaZoBia accusation.

You are an aboki cool

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by aswani(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2023
Conner44:

You are an aboki cool

God bless you, I don win ó. Wey Seun make he give me my prize. Hop hip hooray.
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by wowcatty: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2023
Call it whatever you want, my own is to make sure my people are safe and noth sharing in problema you igbos create for yourselves.

If you are not evil, why does it affect you if Yoruba want to use their natural identity rather that the one given them by the British? What's the need to hide behind Yoruba?

Btw, you need to stop tickling yourself with the lies of anyone standing against your biafra. You igbos can't leave Nigeria except you are forced to leave. You have it so good in Nigeria, you get free money without contributing anything to Nigeria, you igbos are the no 1 beneficiaries of one Nigeria and that's why you refuse to take up on the offers from people like Asari Dokubo to help cut you loose. President Tinubu is the closest you have to help you leave Nigeria, but you are silent on biafra because you know tht you will be the poorest country in Africa if not the world.
DMerciful:
Igbo hatred at its peak!

Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by wowcatty: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2023
Is it that bad to be igbo and let the world know who you are? One Nigeria or not, what's wrong in everyone embracing their identity?

Can you at least admit that you never wanted biafra.
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Why you dey lament, One Nigeria don tire you?
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by wowcatty: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2023
Girl! You are a disgrace!
Sharpsharp00123:
this Igbo boy wants to use reverse psychology to make us help him seperate Nigeria

We are ok with Nigeria

Abi u wan deny say u no b Igbo?
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by wowcatty: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2023
You are either evil or a very dumb person!

Why is it difficult for people to use their identities
Munamu:

As good as your point is, it is targetted at igbo people which I don't support. No tribe has the monopoly of violence.
Re: Yoruba, Use Your Natural Nationality by ResidentSnitch(f): 7:52am On Sep 13, 2023
Yet another drunk that sees Igbos in his nightmares. Even your fellow kinsmen would be embarrassed for this and place more curse on you.

Peter Obi Should Return Hidden Millions In British Virgin Island To Nigeria / Naira Will Become What Tanzanian Shillings Is Today If .... / Congratulations To All Nigerians

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65