Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

A Question About Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question About Prayer (100 Views)

Things To Know About Prayer Partners And Prayer Points / Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Question About Prayer by gohf: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2023
The man on the pulpit said you must pray God's will for your prayers to be answered.

My question is, if I make a request based on what you want to give me is that really what I want or what you want for me?

Then why not just give it to me, why wait for me to ask for it?

Pray that your joy may be full, due to the answers, then would one be happy if they get what they asked for or something else they are expected to believe is better for them?

How am I supposed to know what you want from me for me to ask you for it?

Is prayer really making a request or me just collecting what you have for me?

Is this pray God's will, an excuse when God doesn't answer prayers, they say you didn't pray God's will?

Is praying in God's will different from praying God's will?

Now does it mean if I want anything I shouldn't pray but first check what God's will is for me?

What if I want something that I do not know whether it is God's will or not?

Now when I look through scriptures I read things like and God did it because his servant asked or because his servant spoke. God honoured the words of his servant. If you are willing make me whole and he was made whole.

Does God want to give you whatever you ask of him in prayer? I know God won't answer sinners and those who seek to do evil or pray for things for their own selfish pleasure and interests.

God does answer prayers but forgive me, does he answer all prayers?

God gave a man a blank cheque to ask whatever he desires. I can't imagine going to my father and asking for something I truly want, forget needs now, I want this and he tells me he won't. Jesus said, I thank you because you always hear me.

Jesus said what father would give his son stone or snake instead of bread or fish he asked for. If I ask for healing and I am still sick, maybe I am not a child of God? If I ask for provision and I still lack, maybe he doesn't hear me? Is it selfish to ask your father for something you want.

Blessed are those who ask and receive from the Creator, Abba Father. 😊
Re: A Question About Prayer by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
gohf:
β–  The man on the pulpit said you must pray God's will for your prayers to be answered.
My question is, if I make a request based on what you want to give me is that really what I want or what you want for me?
β–  Then why not just give it to me, why wait for me to ask for it?
β–  Pray that your joy may be full, due to the answers, then would one be happy if they get what they asked for or something else they are expected to believe is better for them?
Let's take this in parts, shall we? First things first, the notion that one can pray God's Will is of bullsheet. Why? Because God's Will refers to God's Law β€” His teachings and commandments β€” and the one and only mandate given by God regarding His Law is that you keep it i.e. you live your life in continuous submission and obedience to His every teachings and commandments. Saying you are praying for God's Will amounts to playing jokes on yourself. undecided

Second, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to make a request from the Father only that which the Father wants to give you. The following are the commandments and teachings He gave in His Law regarding prayer. And as you can clearly see, what your mogs and pastors tell you there has absolutely nothing to do with the rules surrounding prayer.

Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where prayer is concerned

β–  Ask, Seek, and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you Matthew 7 vs 7
β–  Pray continuously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have received, found, and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
β–  Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
β–  Always pray in secret and in hiding Matthew 6 vs 6
β–  Pray the Lord's prayer-Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
β–  Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins- Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
β–  Always approach God in Humility- Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
β–  Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
β–  Ask the Father in the name of Jesus ChristJohn 15 vs 16
β–  If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ, will do whatever you ask in His name John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
β–  Pray for your enemies - Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
β–  Ask God for the Holy Spirit - Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

God does not answer the prayers of sinners, and the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. Rather, as Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off what they do, but instead, take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26.. This isn't about attraction but instead about the reward of obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the National Constitution in God's special Kingdom of Priests aka the Kingdom of God. undecided

So, direct these silly questions back at the men who formulated for you said foolishness.

3. Again, that question you also need to direct at your mogs and pastors who you allow to feed you lies β€” doctrines and traditions of menβ€” while you reject Jesus Christ and His Truth altogether. undecided
Re: A Question About Prayer by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
gohf:
β–  Now when I look through scriptures I read things like and God did it because his servant asked or because his servant spoke. God honoured the words of his servant.
β–  If you are willing make me whole and he was made whole. Does God want to give you whatever you ask of him in prayer? I know God won't answer sinners and those who seek to do evil or pray for things for their own selfish pleasure and interests. God does answer prayers but forgive me, does he answer all prayers?
β–  God gave a man a blank cheque to ask whatever he desires. I can't imagine going to my father and asking for something I truly want, forget needs now, I want this and he tells me he won't. Jesus said, I thank you because you always hear me. Jesus said what father would give his son stone or snake instead of bread or fish he asked for. If I ask for healing and I am still sick, maybe I am not a child of God? If I ask for provision and I still lack, maybe he doesn't hear me? Is it selfish to ask your father for something you want. Blessed are those who ask and receive from the Creator, Abba Father. 😊
1. Have you ever asked yourself who those servants of God are? Or what made them servants of God? According to God, He only answers the prayers of the Righteous; He does not answer any of the prayers of the unrighteous. That ought to tell you right there that those who are servants of God are those who are first Holy and then Righteous in the sight of God. This means that if you desire to have your prayers answered by God, you must first attain Holiness followed by Righteousness β€” become approved by God Himself β€” before you can qualify as one who is a servant of God. These things are not achieved by mouth action but through obedience and deed. This is Why Jesus Christ, urged His followers all to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's righteousness in order that all these things β€” the promises and rewards of the Kingdom of God (including answers to prayers) β€” can be added onto them each. God delights in answering the prayers of those who belong to Him β€” the righteous. undecided

2. These are fables born of the minds of the religious mind, excuses which they make to keep themselves from doing as God commands. God made it clear that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. That equally means that the unrighteous cannot obtain immediate forgiveness for sins as the righteous can and do. undecided

3. Again, more fables. A blank check assumes no conditions attached. Sadly, that ain't true! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right As A Christian To Switch Off Your Phone Completely In Church? / Watch Demons Go Wild As TB Joshua Pray / Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 161) Prov.10:22 -SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.