Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy (795 Views)

Fight: Burna Boy, Obafemi Martins & CDQ Chill At Club After Fight / "My Song One Ticket Has Damaged My Relationship" Kizz Daniel / Bashir El-Rufai: 'Buhari Fall My Hand On Air Nigeria' - Governor El-rufai's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by Micheal35: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2023
One of the many reasons people are advised to avoid fighting and violence is because it can sometimes lead to injuries or damages that can last a lifetime. During a new interview with Complex, Nigerian singer Burna Boy is opening up about how he is hand is now messed up forever because of a fight he got into. Here is what Burna Boy had to say about the whole thing.

During his interview, Burna Boy was asked "What happened to your hand. Is it okay now or is it still messed up?" to which he responded:

BURNA BOY: It's messed up forever. How do you know this?! It happened when I had grown up - I wouldn't say grown up, but I wasn't a kid - I was like in my teenage years and I did used to fight a bit.

"Defending yourself?"

BURNA BOY: Uhhh, nah. I can't just come out and lie because there were real people that were really there.

"Did you ever lose a fight, or were you undefeated?"

BURNA BOY: No, I did. Of course I lost. Only once I can really remember. I remember I was winning, until I got hit. And it's like all I remember is waking up. It's not even like I got put out, it wasn't even his punch. The thing is that he hit me and then I hit my head on something - it was a bunk bed, that I hit my head on.

"You kinda briefly spoke about [the hand injury] on your last album, didn't you? 'Glory'?"

BURNA BOY: Oh shit, yeah. I wasn't expecting you to get it. A lot of people still don't get it, which is good for me.

"You spoke about your time when you were away somewhere and you had a little altercation, and somebody came off of a landing unto another. Was that the specific fight [that caused the hand injury]?"

BURNA BOY: Yeah, that's actually the one.

For reference, the fight Burna Boy is referring to is the one he sang about in his song "Glory" where he said:

I remember when they shipped me from the cans

To Chelmsford HMP and my celly had it bad

So I had to have his back, niggas started fightin'

Then they cut me on my hand

So I grabbed one from the back and I flung him off the landing

You know the screws get extra ruthless when you're Black

Layin' on my back, now the block's feelin' mad

Now I'm in a lab tryna do the best I can

It was during that fight that Burna Boy messed up his hand forever.

What do you think of what Burna Boy said, and how he messed up his hand? Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment either below or on my Jide Okonjo Facebook post.

https://voicesuit.com/how-i-permanently-damaged-my-hand-because-of-fight-burna-boy/
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by illicit(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2023
In Ibadan, first thing they do is remove your teeth

When u have 21 left, u think twice before fighting another time
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2023
You messed at a club the other after your policemen shot a guy because his wife refused your catcalls.
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by Odumi: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2023
National issue
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by Mrfeel: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
I think that fight happened the time he relocated to the UK
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by bigdawg7: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2023
This nigga always trying to portray himself like a gangster but always ice cold and humble when he is around american rappers

2 Likes

Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by bigdawg7: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2023
No fight happened believe burna at your peril
Mrfeel:
I think that fight happened the time he relocated to the UK
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by ronalmagic10(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2023
This fucking arrogant cultist..if you like damage your one cell brain na you sabi

Gangster wannabe

1 Like

Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by Mrfeel: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
bigdawg7:
No fight happened believe burna at your peril
But he was banned from entering UK for 7 yrs
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by endy69: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
bigdawg7:
This nigga always trying to portray himself like a gangster but always ice cold and humble when he is around american rappers
Nigerian gangsters no dey carry guns. If even dem get, e dey always dey house bt US? Those ones no fit stay without guns. Anywhere any day. So, Burna need calm down anytime him see dem. If na by strength e sure me say dem no fit stand Burna. Na why their rappers dey die like Chicken. For naija we believe in physical strength no be shooting accuracy. You nack me, I nack you.
Re: How I Permanently Damaged My Hand Because Of Fight - Burna Boy by b3llo(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
bigdawg7:
those guys will waste him like a pistol smoke

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Shows Her Curves To Her Fans. E Dey Enter Eye � / Rapper, JERIQ Brings “HOOD CONCERT” To Enugu 10th December / Davido Hosts Welcome Party For Wife Chioma, Return To Nigeria After Twins Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.