Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,644 members, 7,851,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

Nigeria Is Already Bad Enough, Please Do Not Make It Worst For Us, Open Letter T - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Already Bad Enough, Please Do Not Make It Worst For Us, Open Letter T (107 Views)

Seyi Makinde Watched Coco Gauff & Novak Djokovic At US Open Championships / Throwback: Tinubu's Regime Is The Worst For Lagos Workers In 20 Years- Keyamo / Security Situation Not Bad Enough To Warrant Terror Warning, NSA Replies UK, US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Already Bad Enough, Please Do Not Make It Worst For Us, Open Letter T by IkennaOodo: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
NIGERIA IS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE IT WORST FOR US, OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT AHMED TINUBU

By Ikenna Oodo

His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR., I congratulate you on your emergence as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the last general elections. Your victory adds flesh to the aphorism that success comes to those who work for it. You worked hard for this and now you have it. However, since after the election, there have been lots of springing restive opinions and post election tribunals challenging the legitimacy of your government, these are expected anyway, but whichever case, the reality at the moment is that you are the constitutionally recognised president of Nigeria and the country is on a calamitous conflagration of fire under your leadership.

Mr. President, I am constrained by the worsening conditions of living in the country to hurriedly write you as it now eloquently appears to us that you are oblivious of the unbearable hardships ravaging the country. And why today looks so bad, you are not able, after months in office to give Nigerians hope of a better tomorrow or reason to believe in you. And as the days fade by, the government which you are the leader keeps giving us more and more convinctions that we made a mistake electing you our President.

Mr. President, Nigeria is in a critical juncture and rattling with overdue paturition pains. The offshoot of this paturition is solely dependent on the policies you make or unmake will culminate into peace or restivenes. These policies will also either worsen or lighten the prevailing predicaments in the country. It therefore calls that you be witty and lenient in your policy choices. The nation is beleaguered with plethora of challenges, starting from insecurities to economic struggles and overt and covert corrupt practices in high and low places, among others, which an average Nigerian is burdened with daily. It beckons to be humane and pervious so the country is not plunged into another round of hardship into the abyss.

The past administration of President Muhammad Buhari was cruel and brutal. A remind of those days puts every Nigerian in a funeral mood. The administration fed the masses what could least be described as bitter pill. For that reason, Nigerians desperately sought replacement. A replacement that will not worsen the predicaments. This, the masses found in you. However, contrary to expectations and imaginations and testimonies, upon assumption of office, your administration began shaving our hairs without wetting it.

In his book titled "UNDER MY WATCH" Olusegun Obasanjo said something that stands you tall amongst your contemporaries. He presented you as one who navigates tempest despite how devastating and come out unscathed. In that book, the former President told Nigerians that you possess this magic wand that Nigeria has been longing to heal. He said: "I am not a politician. I am a decorated soldier. I am an Army General. If you are looking for a thorough bred politician in Nigeria, visit Bourdillon Lagos. There, you will find one. However, politics has no permanent friend or enemy. If you remind me about what Bola said about me four years ago, have you reminded yourself of what I did to him and his Lagos Government about 20 years ago? I almost crashed his government and state. No Governor or Government from 1999 till date would have survived what I did to Bola and Lagos. He survived because he has the magic wand and I hope he gets the chance to wave the wand over Nigeria". Whether this regrettable situation your administration plunged the country into is the magic wand Obasanjo talked about or there is another coming is unknown. However, what is known and clear for now is that you are pressing us too hard on the neck and we are losing breath.

In that traditional fable, a parable was told of an animal whom in a modest attempt to escape harsh living conditions to a better one, fell from fry pan into fire. The severe hardships in Nigeria and President Tinubu's aloofness in the alarming conditions and disturbing public cries sends a complete signal that just like that unfortunate animal, Nigerian people, in their search for a better President, zoomed off from fry pan and successfully landed into the fireplace for thorough burning, roasting and final destructions. How else can one describe the situation better?

Mr. President, the people of Nigeria have high expectations for your leadership and it is important that you sit up and work towards sustainable solutions for the good of the country. It is also important that you recognize the challenges Nigerians are facing and prioritize their welfare by addressing security problems, revamping the economy, fighting corruption and providing basic amenities in order to make significant positive changes in the country.

The economy needs serious attention. The increasing level of unemployment and poverty is worrisome. Implement policies that promote job creation, attract foreign direct investment and support small and medium enterprises. By so doing, you will be able to pull many Nigerians out of poverty and improve their quality of life. In the same vein, corruption remains a pervasive issue that undermines the progress and development of the country. It is imperative that you lead by example and implement transparent and accountable governance systems. This includes strengthening institutions such as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and ensuring timely prosecution of corrupt individuals. By tackling corruption head-on, you will restore trust in the government and attract investments.

Similarly, Education and Healthcare sector need quality attention. Access to quality education and healthcare is essential for development of a nation. It is worthwhile to invest in infrastructure, train and equip teachers and healthcare professionals and provide affordable and accessible education and healthcare services to all Nigerians. A well-educated and healthy population will contribute to the overall progress of the country. The security situation in the country is dire with countless lives lost and families displaced. Security agencies should be adequately equipped and incentivized regularly to effectively combat security upheavals. Investments should be made in intelligence gathering, technology and training of personnel. We need a concrete plan to ensure the safety and well-being of every Nigerian.

As you adjust and sit up to the responsibilities of the mantle of leadership, I implore you to remember the oath you took to uphold the constitution and serve the people. Nigeria can no longer afford to continue down this path of hardship and despair. Let history remember you as a President who put the interests of the people first and worked tirelessly towards their upliftment. A President who restored hope, security, and prosperity to Nigeria. May God guide you, Mr. President, and grant you wisdom and strength in the task ahead. May you lead with courage and integrity, and may Nigeria rise to its full potential under your leadership.

ikennaoodo@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

DATKEM Plaza Is An Illegal Structure, Contravenes Ogun Physical Planning Laws / Like Lagos, Like Abuja Both Deserve State Status / Presidential Election Petition Court’s Judgement: A Nation Without Truth, Justic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.