Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

The Real Problem With Africans And Black People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Real Problem With Africans And Black People (227 Views)

Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason / Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / “I Don’t Give My Instagram To Black People" - White Model To Black Photographer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Problem With Africans And Black People by spellingcheck(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2023
individualism is eating up Africa and black people. we must do better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iCI1q2pX8&feature=youtu.be
Re: The Real Problem With Africans And Black People by Originalsly: 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
I do agree that individualism is a big problem in Africa and is consuming Africans. I don't agree it is part of our culture ... never was. It always was and still is part of European culture and the problem is we are adapting their culture and turning our backs on our own ... all in the name of enlightenment and development. If we look around ... Africans are community based. People lived in huts ... a community... hunters hunted and shared their catch to the community... everyone must eat ... how can that be individualism? Something we may overlook .... buildings and works of art .... the builder or artist never attaches his name ... but Europeans do. Foods... snacks ... come in "family size" ... to be shared among everyone..... Europeans have "individual slices/pieces" . Sharing is in our DNA ... it is not in others.
On hiring a hit man from the hood ... poor Black man .... many have gone to prison for having the same thought that Black people ... poor Black people will do anything for a few dollars. Happens all the time ... man comes to the hood ... sees someone down and out ... offers him a hit job ... and almost always... the bum reports to the Police who take over and pose as the hit man.
No doubt.... adapting the culture of individualism is bringing us down ... we should be who we are and not try to be who we are not.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbos Are Migrants From Ile-ife, As Posited By Ooni Ogunwusi / BREAKING: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Dies At 95 / Let’s Spare A Thought For The Aboki’s All Round Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.