Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners (22783 Views)

How To Grow Your Spotify Monthly Listeners As A Nigerian Artist In 2023. / African Rappers With Over 100k Monthly Listeners On Spotify / 10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by COMPAQ(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2023
HonNL:

Africa Facts Zone

Natural, considering we are 200mlns plus people.
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Goddyrichie(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2023
HonNL:

Africa Facts Zone
a God fearing person help me with #500 make I use ham chop 8122978881 work for two months now salary have not been paid things hard
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by micxwell(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2023
MostIncredibleDFirst:
It's because Nigerian artists are paying people to listen to their songs online, so that they can continue to be on the charts. The listenership is not organic.
Funny! If you don't have a Spotify account, sign up and go to Rema's page. Go down to his artist profile bio and see the locations streaming his songs the most. Nigeria is not in Top 4.
All these unfounded claims you people make online... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by micxwell(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2023
leanonme82:

Monthly listeners change monthly. It could be up today, down tommorrow. There was a time Tems had the highest number monthly listeners ever, even more than this remas number. Its not the same as number of streams, dt only goes up.

The number of streams is what u use to calculate money youre getting per stream.
Lol, so you're saying there's no direct proportionality between the number of streams and monthly listeners??
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Oakenshield: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
APC will list it as achievement
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Xpol: 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2023
MrSinister:

Is there any evidence to prove it?! How many people you wan pay out of about 32 million streams. Stop the hate and appreciate them jare.
no mind dem, with 1k each to 32 million people that's 3.2 billion naira. Common sense is not common.
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by leanonme82: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2023
micxwell:
Lol, so you're saying there's no direct proportionality between the number of streams and monthly listeners??
If you have high monthly listeners this month it means ur getting higher streams. And if it’s lower next month means ur getting lower streams dn last month, but the actual numbers don’t mean anything. Well it means many people are listening.
Rema is getting high number of streams on all platforms by the way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by micxwell(m): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
leanonme82:

If you have high monthly listeners this month it means ur getting higher streams. And if it’s lower next month means ur getting lower streams dn last month, but the actual numbers don’t mean anything. Well it means many people are listening.
Rema is getting high number of streams on all platforms by the way.
Lol, Bro! You're contradicting yourself na😂. The monthly listeners means something . That's my point.
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by leanonme82: 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2023
micxwell:
Lol, Bro! You're contradicting yourself na😂. The monthly listeners means something . That's my point.

Ok
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by AjaoEstater(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2023
phemmyfour:
No wonder cameroon dey beef us

Interesting enough that beef is too much that they and us are the only two countries in the whole of Africa to have won Gold in Olympic Football. Soon Ambazonia will join future Nigeria- Confederated Nigerian States as the 37,38, 39, and 40th States (Cameroon will just cede it without any war) and Bakassi Peninsula will reunite with Cross River and Beau will be the second Federal Territory.
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Abufo: 12:52am On Sep 11, 2023
ecolime:
Rema get plays pass Burna, Wizkid, Davido & co. shocked

I know of some people (like me lipsrsealed) that can never listen to a full track of Rema's song. It is bland and has no appeal whatsoever to them.

Yet, the kid is balling hard with huge numbers and hitting it big.

This life ehn... Na God's doings

dem don dey old nah.........Davido and whizkid are grandpas as far as the present generation is concerned!
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by BALLOSKI: 1:24am On Sep 11, 2023
Trizyd:
Nice. And they where forming to us before. Had to be using VPN to access it.
mtswww. Na by force or the music sound different with Spotify? Boom and audiomark ma same thing den de give. Una get time wallahi...
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by IjebuWarrior: 1:38am On Sep 11, 2023
ecolime:

I know of some people (like me lipsrsealed) that can never listen to a full track of Rema's song. It is bland and has no appeal whatsoever to them.

Yes. Here in the U.S. most radio stations play dat Rema song, "Calm down" every 30mins sef. shocked
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by PaulH07: 3:18am On Sep 11, 2023
ecolime:

Na that "see body ooo" song dey help am, infact na the only thing wey sweet for the song be that, and I sure sey na d only song wey give am that number be that...

Same for Ckay.

Na OluwaBurna get that spot, no cap...
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Slurity(m): 5:59am On Sep 11, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
watch APC claim it as an achievement...shameless party
Using your whole energy to attach ordinary party as if your life depend on the party is a total waste of time. Use your energy for more productive thing. The party is even getting stronger than others despite your attacks
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by Papayaayasager(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2023
phemmyfour:
No wonder cameroon dey beef us

Cameroon small what of Ghana?
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by victorazy(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2023
Mr. Eazy na Ghana o
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by yetunsbay(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
watch APC claim it as an achievement...shameless party
misplaced prioritized statement. Wetin concern APC here
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by yetunsbay(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
emmaitive:
b4nko, na only stupid things we sabi🙂🙂
if this is stupid to you, I'm afraid u gonna sit up
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by yetunsbay(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
chigator2:
Why not, we have over 10 million youths with no priority in life
lol how is listening to music means no priority in life ?
Re: Nigeria Dominates Africa's Most Spotify Monthly Listeners by babyboy4every1: 6:33am On Sep 13, 2023
ecolime:

god bless u. U can nvr c his single track on ma fone. I dont like his musib at all, yt he was loved

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best African Music Performance: Grammys Add Three New Categories / Jon Ogah Releases 'Uncle Suru' / P-Square- Fast And Pray For A Month Before Releasing Any Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.