Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria (10365 Views)

Interswitch Launches Nigeria’s First Digital Verification Service With Okhi / Interswitch Launches Quickteller Business For SME Growth Across Africa / UBA Wins “the Best In Digital Banking” At Interswitch Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Slimplush: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
If I can pay for google apps using interswitch, then I'll be so happy with this move,, I've been trying to add my card to Google since this while all to no avail, this will really be good for me
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by denip: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
BadMaster:

Yes. Even before now, you could pay for apps and services on Play store using your Verve card

Am still having challenge making payment for YouTube and YTmusic as my verve card (the verve card works perfectly well for candy crush) shows unavailable and while virtual dollar card isn't working. I don't know why
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Newyorkitis:
Wetin e mean?

Abi o. Struggling to understand what it really means for the public.!!

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Programmer47: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
COMPAQ:

Abi o. Struggling to understand what it really means for the public.!!

It's actually audio. No institution in the world would allow a system that has the highest difference in currency prices to use them as scapegoats.

They specifically said to "store user details". They are not opening nada for your naira cards. Rather, if you have a virtual card or international card , Google pay can act as a secure wallet anytime you need to pay online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Ghidey(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Entanglement:
Can it be use to order things from AliExpress?
Yes
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by obo389(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Can someone kindly show us how the app looks like on playstore?
It looks confusing
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Ghidey(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Newyorkitis:
Wetin e mean?
Simply means with cobtactlesss you can store your card on Google wallet on your phone and just tap your phone on POS.
It opens US to international transactions
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by berepiki(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
I like this development... PayPal is next... Nigeria is a great Nation, we shouldn't be victimized because of a few bad eggs that are fraudulent....I see a Nigeria where people can globally freelance or work virtually, legally and legitimately and receive payment seemlessly from companies and individuals... This will put an end to the japa syndrome

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Tywo2018: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
Yes sir
dahgifted:
Nice intervention.....does this mean one can pay for google play store apps via interswitch?
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Zooposki(f): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
Let’s see if these foolish 419 Nigerian men will wreck this opportunity for us all with their fraudulent ways. Nigerian authorities should start killing all these yahoo yahoo boys. Shoot them dead like the dogs they are wherever you meet them.

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Jamersirwin1971: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
dahgifted:
Nice intervention.....does this mean one can pay for google play store apps via interswitch?

Three months ago I bought an app from play store . It was a US app and I paid via GT card via my phone and funds were deducted .

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Basiljoe: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
good, when they see that they are loosing a lot of customers to some basic subcription, they are now waking up. Next is paypal. Infact, they can go to hell.
Also stripe/square and the likes supposed to have intergrated nigeria into their portals since its easy to detect frauds now. It will be easy for online enterpreneurs and freelancers to remit money easily. Just look at the large previledges they gave to indians. Nigeria business hub too should put pressure on them to make local business smooth and rewarding.
We need to start building indigenous solutions.
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Agricmoney(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
wow nice one

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Slymonster(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
Google pay isn't allowed in this region yet. Nice though when it starts.
I have use apple pay and Samsung pay outside nigeria

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Sprints3: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
Great
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Naijabash(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Interswitch/Google Pay Payment Gateway In Nigeria, this is a welcome development to making local and international payment easy for Nigerians. >> How To Send Money with Google Pay – Easy Guide <<

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Zitoangels(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
good, when they see that they are loosing a lot of customers to some basic subcription, they are now waking up. Next is paypal. Infact, they can go to hell.
Also stripe/square and the likes supposed to have intergrated nigeria into their portals since its easy to detect frauds now. It will be easy for online enterpreneurs and freelancers to remit money easily. Just look at the large previledges they gave to indians. Nigeria business hub too should put pressure on them to make local business smooth and rewarding.

Hello, please asides PayPal, what other means of payment is most efficient for freelancers to receive payment from India?

And i reckon you must be a freelancer, please can you help show me how to get writing jobs? It can be frustrating not getting clients bro
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Vinceobrian(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
dahgifted:

What it mean is that you can download Google pay (either Google wallet or Samsung pay app) on your phone or smart watch, and add your debit or credit card to it. So you don't have to carry your physical card with you to pay while using POS or any machine that support contactless payments

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
Nigeria is not ripe for contactless payment, please
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by contentmakerPRO: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
Zitoangels:

Hello, please asides PayPal, what other means of payment is most efficient for freelancers to receive payment from India?

And i reckon you must be a freelancer, please can you help show me how to get writing jobs? It can be frustrating not getting clients bro
payooner, upwork client (the best for some wth few charges), many others may require you to be outside the country to open. I dont do writing, its poluted already.
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by oyesot: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
One essential way to generate more leads and sales is Search engine optimization (SEO). There is so much potentials on the African continent but you can’t be everywhere all the time, one way to connect with potentials customers in far away anywhere is to have an online presence – and people search a lot!

Check this out: https://aboutnothing.net/website-seo-tips-easy-ways-to-get-your-website-found-by-more-customer/
Re: Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria by techtalk123: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Online Türkiye Vize Başvurusu

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Ways To Improve Your Brand Identity / How To Open A Bank Account In Nigeria / Distribution Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.