Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) (18404 Views)

Adamawa Reps Seat: Appeal Court Sacks PDP's Salihu, Returns Zango (APC) Winner / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Sacks PDP Rep, Orders Re-Run / Police Show The Arms, Charms, Flags, Cloths Recovered fom Arrested IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by ecolime(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
CilicMarin:
Wahala everywhere!!! grin
As in ehn... Serious wahala
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by BoldBrainz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
Me thinks there's no more use for general elections in Nigeria. Political parties can simply conduct their respective Primaries, then forward their chosen candidates to the Judiciary so Judges can simply select winners in their court rooms.

Let's stop wasting money funding INEC and their disgraceful democratic elections!

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by tommy589(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
LaSenior:
grin

Inec is the problem of Nigeria not politician

Inec and judiciary they are the biggest problem facing this country

I was the electoral chairman of my village youth in the past our community suffered from embezzlement of funds from each administration any chairman that his tenure is over he will fix his personal Ally to go cover up his tracks this keeps going on infact we lost revenues worth millons not untill I was made electoral chairman hmmmm infact I made the chairmanship position to be too rigid the screening process was die hard with that procedures all the bad eggs who has been rotating the chairmanship position amongst themselves were helpless because they never knew I was going to go to that extent, by the grace we elected good leaders and executives who has been serving greatly.

Inec is the problem of this country

It is the electoral laws not inec.

Is inec going to tell political parties not to sell nomination forms in millions? And we know winning election or upturning election at the tribunal don't come cheap.

If not that all the elected representatives benefit from the crooked election,why are they not making important changes in the laws.Why not granting independent candidates with credibility and not affiliated to any political parties contest election, starting from their LG. And ensure option A4 that is transparent and cost saving is adopted to conduct all elections

You succeeded in your community because you have eyes everywhere,and no laws constrained your conscience from doing what is right
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by MrsTwrite(f): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
These people Sha.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Obaofaba: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
Good for democracy

1 Like

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by ehikwe22: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
These tribunal judgements is APC eating their cake and having it back. When it favours them, they cite the rule, when it's against them, then the rule no longer apply. Or do we have different electoral acts in Nigeria?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Quodseverismete: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
The Eye neck, The Juduciariah has turned Nigeria into a comical nation. Different interpretation of the same constitution.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Blitzerz: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Only a coup and reset will cure this madness
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by MMWandali: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
I thought they (court of appeal) said one can't challenge the nomination done in another party which is an internal affair of the party
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by AsomughaChuks05: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
Victory for democracy. Our judiciary is at work and Nigerians are peaceful.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by magzey: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
LaSenior:
grin

Inec is the problem of Nigeria not politician

Inec and judiciary they are the biggest problem facing this country

I was the electoral chairman of my village youth in the past our community suffered from embezzlement of funds from each administration any chairman that his tenure is over he will fix his personal Ally to go cover up his tracks this keeps going on infact we lost revenues worth millons not untill I was made electoral chairman hmmmm infact I made the chairmanship position to be too rigid the screening process was die hard with that procedures all the bad eggs who has been rotating the chairmanship position amongst themselves were helpless because they never knew I was going to go to that extent, by the grace we elected good leaders and executives who has been serving greatly.

Inec is the problem of this country
A wailer sighted grin grin grin

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by magzey: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
ehikwe22:
These tribunal judgements is APC eating their cake and having it back. When it favours them, they cite the rule, when it's against them, then the rule no longer apply. Or do we have different electoral acts in Nigeria?
If you only read wide this your post have no fact. check case study of Kogi state and Delta state please. grin grin
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by bluefilm: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
What's the use of conducting all these elections in the first place, if the tribunal will still have a say in the final outcome?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Neoteny7: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
grin
Nigeria is now a laughing stock among committee of nation's. If Ordinary election it could not conduct, how can it provide quality leaders that can better the country

I have never witness an election since I was born over 40 years ago like this. The worst election was conducted by the worst president on earth. Malam illiterate buhari.

Nigeria have a long way to go but if we the masses are serious and ready, we should look beyond just keeping quiet. We should rise up now and defend our future and that of our children yet unborn

So how come the illiterate was GOC, military dictator, Minister of Petroleum, Chairman PTF, and two-time civilian president while you... you're, well, just an anonymous online goat?

Justify your literacy.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Triplerg: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
raphretle:
But I thought they said another party cannot involve in another party's affairs..
Reference to the PDP petition against The candidature of the VIce President..
This judgement and others like it will be discarded like trash at the appeal court.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by rolams(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
Starships4u:
Omooooooh,
These tribunal sackings dan too much....
Let's get to appealate court(whichever is final on there state, Federal elections).

After reading through, the PDP has no grounds of appeal here since there was an earlier judgement on them....

Internal trajectory or the HoR and Senate would soon change....

Wetin com concern other parties for PDP matter? No be family affairs according to recent judgement?

Besides, there is still another judgement that allows the PDP to carry on.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by BALLOSKI: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
If LP wins, Judiciary is good. If they lose, the judiciary is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by osothermal(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
obembet:

This is PDP vs LP
Is Lanlong PDP or LP?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by osothermal(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Neoteny7:

So how come the illiterate was GOC, military dictator, Minister of Petroleum, Chairman PTF, and two-time civilian president while you... you're, well, just an anonymous online goat?

Justify your literacy.
That's why the country is where it is.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by slivertongue: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
garfield1:

Lalong will prevail

how?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by slivertongue: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
obembet:

This is PDP vs LP

just say you felt mentioning LP. it's PDP & APC
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Neoteny7: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
osothermal:
That's why the country is where it is.

If you don't like it here you can always move to Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by asanausana91: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2023
I thought issue of nomination is a party affairs and pre election affairs.
Why are these judges confusing themselves?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Adekdammy: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Isn't this supposed to be a pre - election matter?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Adekdammy: 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Isn't this supposed to be pre-election matter?
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by johnjose68: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
[quote author=chokekachy post=125726639][/quote]

Since LP won, obi.fraud will hail the judgement cheesy
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Beolly(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
Racoon:
This judgement is just another incongruent judicial robbery.
LPDP members.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by ud4u: 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
DevilsEqual:
Winners and Losers

Every tribunal judgement has come to affirm that APC were the true winners of the 2023 election

Are you surprised

That is exactly the state of the nation since apc came on board, it is confirmed that APC is a disaster to Nigerian nascent democracy.

Democracy is finally dead buried.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by ud4u: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Neoteny7:

If you don't like it here you can always move to Afghanistan

Is you and your family members that will move to Afghanistan.
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Starships4u(m): 12:06am On Sep 12, 2023
rolams:

Wetin com concern other parties for PDP matter? No be family affairs according to recent judgement?

Besides, there is still another judgement that allows the PDP to carry on.

Now this was what I said earlier, cos some of these rulings are conflicting in its entirety..... In one state they'd say it's pre-election matters and party internal affairs and lack the jurisdiction to hear the matter, in other states the tribunals assume jurisdiction over same arising issues...

This our Justice system here is whack sorry to say.... Cos ain't there supposed to be a unison in judgements even tho there are no justice served? And how does the court use flimzy reasons to force their choices against those who stood under sun and rain to vote?
Who do we have an election is courts can decide who to hand hand power over to.... I feel petitions should me made away with... Who ever wins at first ballot should go till the next election cycle.....
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by Coolgent(m): 12:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Exchange of envelopes
Re: Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) by 9jahotblog: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2023
Plateau State elections petition tribunal cases:
PDP won 7 cases
LP won 1 case
APC won 0 case
NNPP won 0 case
APC has nothing to celebrate in Plateau State.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / Delegates From Various States Pay Dogara Courtesy Visit (photos) / Apc Mourns Alamieyeseigha - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.