Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,572 members, 7,850,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

The Third Time Satan Tried To Deceive Adam And Eve - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Third Time Satan Tried To Deceive Adam And Eve (124 Views)

Why Do Rich Men Deceive We Poor Men Like This??? (PICTURES) / How Some Men Package For Marriage And Deceive Women / FCMB MD, Adam Nuru In Sex Scandal - Business Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Third Time Satan Tried To Deceive Adam And Eve by PCHC(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
THE FIRST BOOK OF ADAM AND EVE

The Devil, mimicking a helpful guide: Lured Adam and Eve towards a supposed bathing spot near the garden

1 ADAM+EVE - CHAPTER 28

*1* The Devil pretends to lead Adam and Eve to the water to bathe. BUT when the wily Satan saw them, that they were going to the garden, he gathered together his host, and came in appearance upon a cloud, intent on deceiving them.

Disguised as an angel and accompanied by a host of followers, Satan appeared on a cloud, aiming to deceive them.

*2* But when Adam and Eve saw him thus in a vision, they thought they were angels of God come to comfort them about their having left the garden, or to bring them back again into it.

Adam and Eve, mistaking them for angels sent by God, were hopeful that they had come to offer comfort or guide them back to the garden.

*3* And Adam spread his hands unto God, beseeching Him to make him understand what they were.

Adam prayed to God, seeking understanding of their true identity.

*4* Then Satan, the hater of all good, said unto Adam, "O Adam, I am an angel of the great God; and, behold the hosts that surround me.

Satan, the adversary of all that is righteous, addressed Adam, saying, "Oh Adam, I am a celestial being of the mighty God. Look around and see the multitude of heavenly beings accompanying me."

*5* "God has sent me and them to take thee and bring thee to the border of the garden northwards; to the shore of the clear sea, and bathe thee and Eve in it, and raise you to your former gladness, that ye return again to the garden."

"Adam, know that I and these heavenly beings have been sent by God to guide you both to the northern border of the garden. There, by the shores of a pristine sea, you and Eve shall be cleansed and restored to your former joy. Only then can you both return to the sanctuary of the garden once again."

*6* These words sank into the heart of Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve were deeply moved by these words.

*7* Yet God withheld His Word from Adam, and did not make him understand at once, but waited to see his strength; whether he would be overcome as Eve was when in the garden, or whether he would prevail.

God, however, withheld his revelation, testing Adam's resolve to see if he would succumb to temptation as Eve had in the garden or remain steadfast.

*8* Then Satan called to Adam and Eve, and said, "Behold, we go to the sea of water," and they began to go.

Afterwards, Satan summoned Adam and Eve, informing them, "Look, we shall venture towards the vast expanse of the water," prompting them to commence their journey.

*9* And Adam and Eve followed them at some little distance.

Adam and Eve obediently trailed behind at a safe distance.

*10* But when they came to the mountain to the north of the garden, a very high mountain, without any steps to the top of it, the Devil drew near to Adam and Eve, and made them go up to the top in reality, and not in a vision; wishing, as he did, to throw them down and kill them, and to wipe off their name from the earth; so that this earth should remain to him and his hosts alone.

As the group reached a towering mountain devoid of any reasonable path to its summit, Satan closed in on Adam and Eve. Here, the Devil shed his illusory guise and physically compelled them to ascend the treacherous peak. His true intention was to hurl them off the precipice, eradicating their existence from the earth and claiming it solely for himself and his maleficent cohorts.

(1) (Reply)

How To Decide On The Interior Design? / What Are Some Great Ideas For A Family Photography Session? / Your Family Deserves A Luxury Home In The FCT, Abuja - Terraces Now Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.