Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,308 members, 7,829,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? (847 Views)

How Makinde Is Bringing Professionalism To Governance In Oyo / Apc Is Not Doing Well But When It Comes To Governance Give It To Buhari-wike / Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
Buhari failed choosing his ministers within 6months.
Buhari was on medical tour for a better part of his 1st term.
Buhari's security board and several other appointments arguably was North dominated.
Buhari closed the borders to support local farmers but this saw an astronomical increase in food prices.
Buhari contemplated controversial policies like RUGA, Operation Python dance in South East etc.
Politics in South East got heated up during the Buhari tenor with the IPOB becoming visible, activities culminating in a Monday sit-at-home culture.
There were allegations of Buhari not being hands on, appointing dead persons into his government, agencies/parastatals having open confrontations etc.
Buhari was accused of never shifting grounds as he paid deaf ears once he is decided on an issue.
Buhari appears a not-so-good negotiator.
Buhari really borrowed.

Tinubu on the other hand reversed the 8k transfer palliative when Nigerians protested it.
In the last 3months, he has been on a single medical trip.
His appointment to top security outfits appears an even spread.
Tinubu instead of hinging revenue mainly on borrowing took out the subsidy even though I disagree with his procedure (should have firat made refineries available).
Tinubu attempts carrying opposition along with appointing some into boards even his fiercest critics.
Tinubu has appointed several young Nigerians into government which we never really saw under Buhari.
On international fronts, Tinubu appears intentional about boosting the country's image/profile. He made solid his/Ecowas position on coups, has been interphasing personally with top government functionaries and Heads of States- India, UAE, USA and this has seen renewed hopes of investments and lifting of Visa ban against Nigerians.
Tinubu appears a better negotiator, meeting labour unions personally to resolve disputes.
Tinubu speaks to Nigerians. I see Tinubu every once in a while on TV news. I recall not seeing Buhari on TV for a while. If they show am at all, na when en dey waka go FEC meeting or walking in Aso Rock.

NOW, I AM NOWHERE A TINUBU GUY (check my other posts) AS I DO NOT AGREE THE LAST ELECTION WAS FREE AND FAIR, I MEAN WHO WOULD VOTE APC AFTER ITS LAST OUTING? HOWEVER, ANY NEUTRAL WILL AGREE WITH THE POINTS RAISED. YOU CAN FAULT IT TOO IF YOU WISH. WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

SEUN, MYND 44, AFAMED, LEXY, DOMINIQUE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by westlius(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Tinubu 100%

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by DaddyCoool: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Depends on what you prefer: terrible or dead.
One is terrible, the other was dead!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by iammo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Tinubu might be better but Nigerians need stubborn people like Buhari in some cases
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
none

buhari is the deep blue sea while tinubu is the devil
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by MrsTwrite(f): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
It is what it is.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Puremind1225: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
The two of them are birds of same feather 🪶,
Extremely corrupt, lifeless grandpas.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaddyCoool:
Hahaha. I go prefer terrrible o. But seriously sir, Tinubu hasn't been entirely bad. You can only fault the subsidy removal process and his role in bringing in Buhari.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rayban25:
none

buhari is the deep blue sea while tinubu is the devil
How sir? Tinubu listens, Buhari doesn't. I'd love to know if you'd educate me sir.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
Puremind1225:
The two of them are birds of same feather 🪶,
Extremely corrupt, lifeless grandpas.
But Tinubu has not been in and out of medical care. We see him every now and then engaging people. Mind educating me further sir?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
iammo:
Tinubu might be better but Nigerians need stubborn people like Buhari in some cases
Yes but stubborn to doing the right things. What's the point being stubborn about keeping appointees who are not performing or continuing with a policy a section of the country is uncomfortable with?

As we cry about en nothernization of his government, guy no send us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

How sir? Tinubu listens, Buhari doesn't. I'd love to know if you'd educate me sir.

Tinubu only pretends to listen. its obvious he is there for his own selfish ambition if not he wouldnt have rigged his way into power. buhari too used the " i assure you" statement countless times. white people call africans "black monkeys" for the obvious reasons youre seeing. Shalom
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by iammo(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

Yes but stubborn to doing the right things. What's the point being stubborn about keeping appointees who are not performing or continuing with a policy a section of the country is uncomfortable with?

As we cry about en nothernization of his government, guy no send us.

Honestly no defense for Buhari's soldier man over stubborness, even his immediate family got tired at a point

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Chochovini: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
NONE in capitals
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by suckmedownthere(f): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
None, no difference between shit and shit
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by BoldBrainz(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
I don't like Tinubu cause of his lack of integrity and moral decency, but he's a far better administrator than the Daura failure.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rayban25:

Tinubu only pretends to listen. its obvious he is there for his own selfish ambition if not he wouldnt have rigged his way into power. buhari too used the " i assure you" statement countless times. white people call africans "black monkeys" for the obvious reasons youre seeing. Shalom

If you ask me, I'd rather someone that pretends to listen to someone that doesn't bother listening. It means the former respects the people atleast.
There are other points there too sir that you may want to talk on.

For the rigging, trust me; I agree but again Tinubu may shock many.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
suckmedownthere:
None, no difference between shit and shit
Lol. Are you sure you considered the points ma? Trust me, you will pick a choice sooner or later cause we always do. People still compare GEJ, OBJ's administration to now.

Thanks for contributing all the same.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

If you ask me, I'd rather someone that pretends to listen to someone that doesn't bother listening. It means the former respects the people atleast.
There are other points there too sir that you may want to talk on.

For the rigging, trust me; I agree but again Tinubu may shock many.

well for me whats the point of pretending about something when you wont do it? you only prove to people that youre nothing but a liar its that simple. and as for general politics matter all i can say is that nigerians dont learn. They are in for a long ride. They had better eat because the journey is far.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I don't like Tinubu cause of his lack of integrity and moral decency, but he's a far better administrator than the Daura failure.
Respeck sir. I love the honesty.

Truth is as humans, not zombies we must criticize were necessary and applaud where we can. The extremes on issues are different sides of same coin, LP/PDP- never appreciate; APC-never criticise (even when they know the president is wron).

I know say APC rig that election, but then Tinubu has been provong himself.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rayban25:

well for me whats the point of pretending about something when you wont do it? you only prove to people that youre nothing but a liar its that simple. and as for general politics matter all i can say is that nigerians dont learn. They are in for a long ride. They had better eat because the journey is far.
How do we say he doesn't listen but reversed the 8k palliative directive? How can we say he doesn't listen but called to a round table, Labour; even addressed Nigerians? Buhari no send that one. Make your pick.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by DaddyCoool: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

Hahaha. I go prefer terrrible o. But seriously sir, Tinubu hasn't been entirely bad. You can only fault the subsidy removal process and his role in bringing in Buhari.

My brother dollar I was buying for 600+, with Tinubu it's now way up. Favored some tho
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

How do we say he doesn't listen but reversed the 8k palliative directive? How can we say he doesn't listen but called to a round table, Labour; even addressed Nigerians? Buhari no send that one. Make your pick.

Check the value of naira from may and it will just deflate all this your "on paper" points. ive said my own finish.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaddyCoool:

My brother dollar I was buying for 600+, with Tinubu it's now way up. Favored some tho
My man, trust me; it's biting even the most ardent of Buhari's supporters but I recognize that where we are now is part of Buhari's failures.

I cannot say I am an economics expert but I've learnt here government could not continue subsidizing fuel and the dollar.
My only pain is Tinubu has not shown by cutting cost what he will do with the money freed up. I'd have expected he'd start with his restructuring gospel, cut governance cost especially as exisy in the legislature, ministries etc; then Nigerians can trust we are in the pain together.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by kokoA(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
Buhari was a colossal failure, he had no approach whatsoever, he felt just by occupying the position people will be scared of him and do the right thing. He was totally clueless.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rayban25:

Check the value of naira from may and it will just deflate all this your "on paper" points. ive said my own finish.
I've checked sir and I agree with you it's biting but then, we don't manufacture, export; only import, what would you do instead as president considering the exchange rate was artificially low.

Trust me, I'm a terrible economist but economists here can discuss that better.

That said, will you rather pick a Buhari since the exchange rate appeared low under him? Again, I recall the exchange rate performed abysmally under Buhari. Check the records.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
kokoA:
Buhari was a colossal failure, he had no approach whatsoever, he felt just by occupying the position people will be scared of him and do the right thing. He was totally clueless.

Lmao. Meanwhile many APC apologists then said he's best thing after sliced bread, only to sing another tune now.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
mcquin:

Respeck sir. I love the honesty.

Truth is as humans, not zombies we must criticize were necessary and applaud where we can. The extremes on issues are different sides of same coin, LP/PDP- never appreciate; APC-never criticise (even when they know the president is wron).

I know say APC rig that election, but then Tinubu has been provong himself.

Truth be told, if Tinubu is allowed to run his government without any internal/external interferences, he'll deliver on some pretty good governance policies.

So far, he has made some ballsy decisions despite his failure to first put down remedial initiatives, which directly translates to the current societal hardship and existential inadequacies.

I didn't want him occupying Aso Rock for the roles he played in enthroning the bastard cattle rearer who crushed Nigeria to her knees. I didn't want him being Nigeria's face of democracy considering his inordinate and regrettable past activities in the political scene and erstwhile endeavours. But the honest truth is that Bola Tinubu is just as sensible and effective as Olusegun Obasanjo, where governance is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Never4getU: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Terrible and performing except obi lost woefully which eternally painful 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Adblg0610: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
iammo:
The two of them came at different but most auspicious times that Nigerians needed them. At the time Buhari came, Boko Haram had overwhelmed the Nigerian Armed Forces and captured Nigerian territory, the size of Belgium and Abuja was already under siege. He has largely played his part to subdue insurgency, banditry and kidnappings.
Tinubu on the other hand, will mainly fix and restructure the economy which is now not too good. He will place Nigeria far and above the Africa’s standard , as the continent’s largest economy, largest market and largest democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mcquin(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Adblg0610:
The two of them came at different but most auspicious times that Nigerians needed them. At the time Buhari came, Boko Haram had overwhelmed the Nigerian Armed Forces and captured Nigerian territory, the size of Belgium and Abuja was already under siege. He has largely played his part to subdue insurgency, banditry and kidnappings.
Tinubu on the other hand, will mainly fix and restructure the economy which is now not too good. He will place Nigeria far and above the Africa’s standard , as the continent’s largest economy, largest market and largest democracy.
Another perspective, but insecurity didn't start and end with Boko Haram. We saw herdmen killing in numbers. I dare say deaths recorded outnumbered the GEJ's era. Villages down South were ransacked, trains attacked, South East started it's unrest about same time, and till date yet to recover. Broa I can go on and on.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu's Approach To Governance; Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Couldntfigurean: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
None,both are senseless

(1) (2) (Reply)

DAVIDO Made A Surprise Appearance At Wizkid's Mother's Burial Ceremony / Embattled Ondo Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa Set To Resign / Those Of You Supporting Tinubu Are You Proud Of Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.