Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping (662 Views)

Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window / See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by reverendfather: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hello everyone, please I've been having this particular issue now for a while, my peugeot drives very well, however each time I decide to stop without turning off the engine, maybe to get something along the road side or in traffic light, my car starts to drive very slow and won't accelerate unless I turn it off and back on again.

What's the solution please
Model peugeot 407 sedan

Gazzuzz help me please. I called a peugeot mechanic he his saying its a coil related problem
Re: Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by crestedaguiyi: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
Change your fuel pump or fuel filter first.

You might also consider washing the fuel tank.

Looks like sludge is blocking the fuel filter thereby preventing the pump from functioning optimally .
Re: Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by emmancecute(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2023
Looks like an issue with your motorised throttle body aka injector mouth. Try getting it cleaned first.
Re: Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by Itulah(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
reverendfather:
Hello everyone, please I've been having this particular issue now for a while, my peugeot drives very well, however each time I decide to stop without turning off the engine, maybe to get something along the road side or in traffic light, my car starts to drive very slow and won't accelerate unless I turn it off and back on again.

What's the solution please
Model peugeot 407 sedan

Gazzuzz help me please. I called a peugeot mechanic he his saying its a coil related problem

Don't let anyone do a guess work on your vehicle. Your check engine light should be ON by now. Get an OBDII scanner or see an automobile Technician with OBD it will narrow down your problem.
1) Our vehicle are not always the problem, it's you the owner that lacks the basic tools and techniques to fix basic issues.
2) Our so-called mechanics and auto technicians who has deliberately refused to improve on their methods of fault findings and job delivery.

It is very unwise that at this new age, car owners don't think having a simple wireless Bluetooth OBD tool saves them whole lots of problem from Kazeems.

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by reverendfather: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Honestly, I just needed to hear from experts in the house, I'm yet to actually purchase this car, the seller claims this is the only issue with the car, I'm currently negotiating terms with him.
He seems very honest when communicate.
Re: Help Needed, Peugeot Won't Accelerate After Driving And Stopping by 7bucklife: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Fuel pump....bad spark plugs,dirty or clogged nozzles. Very sure...100%. Also the sound of the engine would change and become very low like you have a leaky exhaust.100

(1) (Reply)

Lady From Makoko Slum Graduates With A 2.1 / Can 100k Get An Auto Base Paint Full Body Job Same Color? / Help: No Good Toyota Mechanic In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.