Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt (1205 Views)

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair / 5,000 Repentant Prostitutes Awarded Scholarship By Tansian University, Anambra / List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by TonyRazor(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Our correspondent

Panic as Tansian University may be closed down over N2bn debt

Barring any positive mediation, Tansian University with campuses in Oba and Umunya, Anambra State, may closed down any moment soon over alleged N2 billion debt.

A stakeholder in the university, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka disclosed this with one of our correspondents..

He threatened to sell the institution to recover all the money the university was owing him for using his property- Ranet Industries- at Oba as take off campus.

Ezeonwuka who said he owned 81% equity shares of the university because of his landed property worth over N2 billion, alleged that the management of the university had reneged in the payment of honorarium to him as ordered in a court consent judgement.

He said, " The consent judgement clearly stipulated that Tansian University will pay me honorarium for 25 years and thereafter vacate my property at Oba Idemili-South Local Government Area and relocate to their main campus at Umunya in Oyi Local Government Area of the state."

He recalled that the consent judgement was reached in 2010 and the university paid him honoraria up to 2015 and stopped thereafter following the advise from one Fr. Obiora to Johnbosco Akam that he would challenge the consent judgement which Ogidi High Court rejected.

According to him, the Ogidi High Court ruled that he should sell off the university and recover all the unpaid honoraria accruing to him as contained in the consent judgement, since the university had violated the orders of the court by reneging in the payment of the agreed honoraria.

Ezeonwuka further claimed that he established Tansian University alongside the late Rev. Prof. Johnbosco Akam.

He said the records to that effect could be seen in the National Universities Commission (NUC) that he was the financier of the university and equally brought in other investors to the university.

The university authorities could not state their own side of the story as of the time of filing this report as efforts to get the Registrar of the institution on the telephone could not yield any results- his phone line continually indicated switched off .
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by TemplarLandry: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
cool
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by bigdawg7: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
Everybody for naija dey go through alot

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by Acekidc4(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
God will see them through!! It's tough time but remember it doesn't Last!!
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by SETHARTHUR(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
Umunya, my sweet hometown.
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by MrsTwrite(f): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hmmm... That's a whole lot of money!
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by matrixme(m): 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
See what Peter Obi's people are doing. This is why people find it very difficult to trust igbos with politics. They had a mutually beneficial arrangement and one party renegaded, so it's best to sell off the university so that everyone loses. Can't there be compromise? Just the same way they're threatening to burn down the country because Peter Obi lost. May God help these people.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by yarimo(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2023
Obi oya come and donate money for the school
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by izonborn098(m): 6:41am On Sep 12, 2023
yarimo:
Obi oya come and donate money for the school
Obi is no where to be found.. And he has reduce the attending of programs since the tribunal judgement.. Smh..

1 Like

Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by Top5ers: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
matrixme:
See what Peter Obi's people are doing. This is why people find it very difficult to trust igbos with politics. They had a mutually beneficial arrangement and one party renegaded, so it's best to sell off the university so that everyone loses. Can't there be compromise? Just the same way they're threatening to burn down the country because Peter Obi lost. May God help these people.

You people are obsessed with Igbos. You sleep, eat and breathe Igbo.
Re: Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt by matrixme(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Top5ers:

You people are obsessed with Igbos. You sleep, eat and breathe Igbo.
Obsessed ke? Of all the things in this world, it's Igbo people issue that I'll carry in my head. Shioor! Here is a public forum. The thread was open for people's comment and I said mine, so that automatically translates to obsession to you. You must think so highly about your tribe. You're not relevant really. There are 250 plus tribes in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

You Were In S.S.3 In What Year? / Weac Examination Number Not Found ,what Do I Do? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.