Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,387 members, 7,853,729 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free (141 Views)

Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / Daddy Freeze: How Preaching Against Tithes Rendered Me Poor And Jobless / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free by PCHC(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
EZEKIEL 3:19

[NKJV] — Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

[GNB] — If you do warn an evil man and he doesn't stop sinning, he will die, still a sinner, but your life will be spared.

PREACHING SETS THE PREACHER FREE

You see why I feel more secured when I have preached God's messages to men more than when I have prayed. I feel greater anointing while delivering the message than I feel while praying. Preaching the Word of God gives me far more greater security, preservation and power, than spending hours in prayers. I don't know whether it's the same for you or for other ministers of God. However I do know that the Bible verse above reveals that the Watchman is always delivered, spared or saved, by his giving God's Word or Warning even to those who are dying and about to die their death.

This is simple:

True Repentance does to the Wicked/Sinners what True Preaching of God's Words does to the Watchman.

On the flipped side, the danger of the Wicked/Sinners not repenting is similar to the danger of the watchmen/ministers not preaching.

As it is written,

"Yet when I preach the gospel, I have no reason to boast, because I am obligated to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" - [1 Corinthians 9:16]

Jonah thought that by him not preaching to the sinners in city of Nineveh, they will never change nor repent and thus shall they end in the destruction about to overtake them in about six weeks. But Jonah did not know the danger of not repenting in the wicked is also related to the danger of not preaching in the watchmen/ministers or men of God. Therefore, before the danger of not repenting could swallow the wicked men in Nineveh, the danger of not preaching to them first swallowed Jonah as a beast that took Jonah into hell in deep beneath the oceans.

Didn't those on board and on that journey prayed and gave offerings to God, and yet their prayers couldn't prevent the accident because someone who was supposed to preach the message of God was sleeping or fleeing from preaching to where he would not be recognized as preacher or pastor, in order for him to do business as the rest of the world and make money for a living? Are the churches not headed to similar direction as Jonah when fleeing to Tarshish to trade rather than going into the world and preaching the gospel of Salvation and Repentance to all men because all men have sinned and are headed to the same destruction?

From the top Bible verse above, "Each time you warn the Wicked or Sinner, you have added to your own salvation or deliverance, even if the wicked or sinner did not repent or heed to what you said.

Preach because your own salvation or deliverance depends on your preaching and reaching out to other sinners and other men. It becomes double achievement or multiple benefits for you when your preaching/messages succeeded in converting the man/sinner into repentance, winning his soul; but even if your preaching/messages did not succeed in changing/converting the man/woman, you have at least become delivered/save from whatever would kill/destroy the man you preached to, and you can bold:

[Matthew 10:14-15] — "And whoever will not receive you nor will hear your words, shake off the dust of your feet going forth out of that house or that city! Truly I say to you, on the day of judgment, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and of Gomorrah than for that city."

As Paul did to the Jews in "Acts 18:6."

There was a time when I understood being free from all men as "Having a Conscience Void of Offense towards God and towards Men." But I grew up to understand that it's not just about being free from offending men but also about being free from the blood of all men. The way to being free from the blood of all men is by preaching the true Gospel and Messages of God to all men. Paul attain it:

Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God (in preaching and teaching). — [Acts 20:26‭-‬27]

1 Like

Re: How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free by PCHC(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2023

Re: How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free by LordIsaac(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
May God help us! Timely Scripture this is.
Re: How Preaching Sets The Preachers Free by Mysteriousworld: 5:03am On Dec 25, 2023
Thanks for this, i needed it.
In addition, pray for them.... Jesus christ spent more time praying for peter, than he did advising him against his sin.....
I noticed prayer should be 98% of soul winning, the remaining 2% should be the preaching...
So, sir, inother to make your preaching more powerful, you need to have a routine of fasting and prayer for those youll be preaching to.

(1) (Reply)

How The Trinity Doctrine Got To Africa. —-reno Omokri / Indian Prime Minister Modi Celebrates Christmas With Christian Community -photos / Dangerous Dreams That Signify You Are Under Attack (you Should Not Joke With!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.