Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,553 members, 7,865,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Help - My Projector Turns Off When Flipped Upside-down - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Help - My Projector Turns Off When Flipped Upside-down (152 Views)

Plot Twist As Nomination Night Turns Immediate Eviction / Mercy Johnson Turns Fufu Seller On Set (Photos, Video) / BBNaija: Tacha Turns An Ill-Fitting Outfit Into A Designer's Delight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help - My Projector Turns Off When Flipped Upside-down by jackaustin631: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2023
I have a Mitsubishi XD300U and it has worked well for me for years. Recently while my kids were playing the Xbox 360 it turned off without any warnings. We turned it back on and the lamp came on and then the projector shut off again in about 30 seconds. Tried different power cords, etc. Never would stay on longer than ~30 seconds.

I started trouble-shooting and eventually took my projector off the ceiling mount and brought it to my office to troubleshoot while on the phone with Mitsubishi's tech support. Well, in my office the projector worked fine.

I take it back up to my Theater and ceiling mount it again and boom, it turns off in 30 seconds again. I tried different power cables, different video cables and eventually something clicked in my brain and I tried running the projector while holding it upright. Worked fine again. As soon as I tipped it a bit past 90 degrees, it turned off again.

So the projector works when upright, but turns off when upside-down.

Here's my question, Mitsubishi says replacing the lamp will fix my problem, but that sounds really fishy to me. And since I don't know of any company that would accept a returned lamp (if that didn't fix my problem) I am really hesitant to spend $400 on a replacement lamp. My current lamp isn't terribly old and I have received no lamp warnings yet.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? Does this sound like a reasonable fix?

The tech support guy said he had a document from the parts department saying replacing the bulb fixes the problem, but he wouldn't email me a copy of the report. Since when does the parts department solve technical issues? This sounds like an excuse to sell more lamps.

To me this sounds like something is loose inside the projector. Maybe some sort of a sensor wire. When the projector's controller realizes it isn't getting a signal from whatever sensor is loose (a fan sensor or something?) it shuts off the projector to protect itself.
Re: Help - My Projector Turns Off When Flipped Upside-down by jackaustin631: 6:39am On Sep 13, 2023
jackaustin631:
I have a Mitsubishi XD300U and it has worked well for me for years. Recently while my kids were playing the Xbox 360 it turned off without any warnings. We turned it back on and the lamp came on and then the projector shut off again in about 30 seconds. Tried different power cords, etc. Never would stay on longer than ~30 seconds.

I started trouble-shooting and eventually took my projector off the ceiling mount and brought it to my office to troubleshoot while on the phone with Mitsubishi's tech support. Well, in my office the projector worked fine.

I take it back up to my Theater and ceiling mount it again and boom, it turns off in 30 seconds again. I tried different power cables, different video cables and eventually something clicked in my brain and I tried running the projector while holding it upright. Worked fine again. As soon as I tipped it a bit past 90 degrees, it turned off again.

So the projector works when upright, but turns off when upside-down.

Here's my question, Mitsubishi says replacing the lamp will fix my problem, but that sounds really fishy to me. And since I don't know of any company that would accept a returned lamp (if that didn't fix my problem) I am really hesitant to spend $400 on a replacement lamp. My current lamp isn't terribly old and I have received no lamp warnings yet.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? Does this sound like a reasonable fix? why does my projector keep turning off

The tech support guy said he had a document from the parts department saying replacing the bulb fixes the problem, but he wouldn't email me a copy of the report. Since when does the parts department solve technical issues? This sounds like an excuse to sell more lamps.

To me this sounds like something is loose inside the projector. Maybe some sort of a sensor wire. When the projector's controller realizes it isn't getting a signal from whatever sensor is loose (a fan sensor or something?) it shuts off the projector to protect itself.
Any advice for me on this issue? Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Asake And Skales In One Artiste? Who Be This?! / How Funke Akindele’s ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Gross Over N1 Billion In 3 Weeks / Please Can Anyone Help Me With ₦100 Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.