Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum (10085 Views)

Barcelona Open Contract Talks With 20-year-old Fermin Lopez / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down / Barcelona Confirm Messi’s Exit As Contract Talks Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by robosky02(m): 6:40am On Sep 13, 2023
NFF mandates technical committee to open contract talks with Waldrum

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has mandated its technical committee to hold talks with Super Falcons’ head coach, Randy Waldrum, over a new contract.

Waldrum’s previous contract with the NFF expired after the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

The NFF now want the American to remain on the job.

“We have given the Technical Committee the go-ahead to hold talks with Randy Waldrum as we consider an extension of his current contract with the NFF. They have to do this quickly as the team has a Women Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match next week,”NFF chairman, Shehu Gusau said on Tuesday.

“The man has done well by leading the team to an impressive outing at the FIFA World Cup.”

Waldrum was contracted by the NFF in 2021.

The gaffer guided the Super Falcons to the Round of 16 in Australia and New Zealand.

The Super Falcons will take on Ethiopia in a 2024 Olympic Games qualifier next month.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/12/nff-mandates-technical-committee-to-open-contract-talks-with-waldrum/

7 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by TemplarLandry: 6:41am On Sep 13, 2023
cool
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by robosky02(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2023
After the outrage by Nigerians

The NFF want to quickly give him a short contact

12 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by NutritionGuru: 7:09am On Sep 13, 2023
Awesome!
Why is the News like the one below not being shared all over the internet like they gleefully share bad news?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Obyangel: 7:09am On Sep 13, 2023
He remain the best for the job

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Oscarchims: 7:10am On Sep 13, 2023
Made in abroad 🤣🤣🤣
Nigeria and foreign goods
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Beremx(f): 7:11am On Sep 13, 2023
He's the best so far unless the NFF chairman will make himself the Super Falcons coach.

Corrupt people

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Elvis2kay: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2023
[quote][/quote]
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Peterpaul96: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2023
It's well
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Reelmii: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2023
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by KingLennon(m): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2023
Consistency is always needed to build a successful team. He should be allowed to continue. I know the NFF are trying to discuss their own share of loot in his contract sad

2 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Och77(m): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2023
I actually thought NFF mandated them to give him a contract for the Super Eagles job. I for happy die

2 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Flango: 7:13am On Sep 13, 2023
shocked
Not bad... I still have my reservations about him though. He brought defensive discipline to the team which was good. But, the team was built to play like an underdog. They run and press and defend impressively. But after pressing and winning the ball, they have no idea what to do with it. They don't create chances and don't take quality shots. Truth is that outside a few games at the world cup, in any other match the falcons play, they're favourites. That means they'll have the ball more. How do we cope?

That explains why we struggled at the last African nations cup. We saw it vs England when they got a red card and relinquished possession of the ball to us, we were clueless. Even vs Ireland in the last group game, same story. Playing as an underdog is good. But in Africa, every team will give us the ball and defend against us. The question again is how do we cope?

11 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by meum: 7:15am On Sep 13, 2023
Dis NFF sef
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by tiswell(m): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2023
A Nigerian should coach the Falcons
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2023
NFF will sign coach and owe them.

The culture of owing workers pay is becoming a norm.

Do you know the psychological implications of owing workers pay.

They hardly perform.

How would they?
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by immortalmortal: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2023
Better still, they should make him the super eagles' coach. I'm sure he'd do well with the Eagles

1 Like

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by TongueTwista(m): 7:19am On Sep 13, 2023
What is it going to take to completely rejig the entire administrative structure of the NFF?
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by bro4u: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2023
At least he doesn't kiss our girls publicly
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by adioolayi(m): 7:24am On Sep 13, 2023
So, na when qualifiers is one week away Una know say you go extend his contract

The man shocked Una with his impressive performance at the world cup, hence, don become tiny bone for Una neck....you can't swallow, you can't spit out cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by adioolayi(m): 7:25am On Sep 13, 2023
Flango:
shocked
Not bad... I still have my reservations about him though. He brought defensive discipline to the team which was good. But, the team was built to play like an underdog. They run and press and defend impressively. But after pressing and winning the ball, they have no idea what to do with it. They don't create chances and don't take quality shots. Truth is that outside a few games at the world cup, in any other match the falcons play, they're favourites. That means they'll have the ball more. How do we cope?

That explains why we struggled at the last African nations cup. We saw it vs England when they got a red card and relinquished possession of the ball to us, we were clueless. Playing as an underdog is good. But in Africa, every team will give us the ball and defend against us. The question again is how do we cope?

Underdog that beat Australia...they don't creat chances, yet they were scoring goals.. grin cheesy
Rest jare..

1 Like

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Flango: 7:28am On Sep 13, 2023
adioolayi:

Underdog that beat Australia...
Rest jare..
You might have missed the point. Australia were favourites to win which makes our defending tactics suitable for the game. I'm asking about how we play when we are favorite to win. You saw the three goals? First, deflection to a cross. Second a corner scramble third a defensive error. Which of those goals game from a well worked out pattern of play?

5 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by VEHINTOLAR: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2023
Yessssssssssss ! Waldrum is the man for the job. He demonstrated his capability and competence at the last world cup. The Super Falcons didn't lose any game but for that penalty shootout against England. If NFF must sack someone, it's that useless Paseiro or something that should receive the axe ! He hasn't done anything spectacular since he took over the Super Eagles as their Coach.

Waldrum is good,Nigerians love him.
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Guyman01: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2023
Common sense dictates that you don't disband a winning team.
Some persons in NFF wanted to collect bribe as usual from intending coaches seeking to take up the job until Nigerians called out NFF.
The problem with NFF is that they are funded by federal government and any attempt to probe their activities will get us FIFA ban for interference
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by divineuk(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2023
Confused people
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by AllBlack: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2023
more politics
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by IamPlato(m): 7:46am On Sep 13, 2023
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2023
shocked
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by ukpahu(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2023
He is a good choice
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by robosky02(m): 8:04am On Sep 13, 2023
Good
Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Plask: 8:04am On Sep 13, 2023
I give it to you! You understand tactical play in football. I have same fears you raised. But I'm also confident that with more time and work, they'll start creating chances and also use possession effectively. I believe it's better to have defensive discipline and not create chances than to create chances while leaking goals at the back!

Flango:

You might have missed the point. Australia were favourites to win which makes our defending tactics suitable for the game. I'm asking about how we play when we are favorite to win. You saw the three goals? First, deflection to a cross. Second a corner scramble third a defensive error. Which of those goals game from a well worked out pattern of play?

5 Likes

Re: NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum by Flango: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2023
Plask:
I give it to you! You understand tactical play in football. I have same fears you raised. But I'm also confident that with more time and work, they'll start creating chances and also use possession effectively. I believe it's better to have defensive discipline and not create chances than to create chances while leaking goals at the back!

I agree with you completely...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket / Erling Haaland Wins The PFA Men’s Players’ Player Of The Year / Rashidi Yekini's 55th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.