Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA (692 Views)

Tiwa Savage Makes History As First African Female Artiste To Sell Out Indigo / Dorcas Shola Fapson Shouts ‘Ojoro’ Before Announcing Wizkid winner at #Headies / Rochas Okorocha Hosts Miracle, BBNaija Winner, At Imo Government House. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 6:55am On Sep 13, 2023
Congratulations to Rema & Selena Gomez on winning the best Afrobeat song award at the 2023 #VMAs with Calm Down 🎶

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCQxQTsHuc
Rema gave a big "Shoutout to the people who opened the doors for Afrobeat... Fela, 2baba, Timaya, Don Jazzy, D'Prince, Runtown, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido"

The oldest artist to win the Afrobeats award at the #VMA    : Selena Gomez.

The youngest artist to win the Afrobeats award at the #VMA    : Rema.

The 1st female to win the Afrobeats award at the #VMA    : Selena Gomez.

The 1st male to win the Afrobeats Award at the #VMA    : Rema.

2 Likes

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Kingosytex(m): 6:57am On Sep 13, 2023
The Ravelord's is gradually running out of space to keep his awards.

Of a truth, you're a great singer with mad vocals and delivery.
Just a little step up on your lyrics from the nursery school rhymes to something more substantial and you will rule the industry for years.

Congrats and more wins champ!

Meanwhile, Rema and Selena look so cute together and will definitely make a good match.
See as the babe use lean on Rema.

2 Likes

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 6:58am On Sep 13, 2023
Absolutely
Kingosytex:
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by TemplarLandry: 6:59am On Sep 13, 2023
cool
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 6:59am On Sep 13, 2023
Calm Down” wins the first Best Afrobeats Song Award at the #VMAs 2023.

1 Like

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by jaeyking(m): 7:01am On Sep 13, 2023
Rema if you know say you no love Selena Gomez

Biko free her,

No let her pass through wetin Justin do her biko
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Botragelad: 7:04am On Sep 13, 2023
Blimey, I love this chap. Such a top bloke. He's even wearing the necklace of the symbol of his burning church, flashing it, like that's really ace. Ethiopia can sod off with their Christianity and beliefs. Ha ha.

I'm wondering why the organisers of this show didn't bin him just because he's putting on that symbol, at least they are Christians too, some should be. That shows you how touchy some people can be about religion, it's only a sign, but some will attach daft meaning to it. With all your religion and steps not to offend your god, how has that worked out or improved your country, this is for Ethiopia! People should sort out important things and stop being so naff when it comes to religion. By the way who else love Rema and Selena together?
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2023
Gifty powers said Rema has sold his soul

Could it be the reason he's going far internationally

1 Like

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Botragelad: 7:28am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:

Yeah, what business do you have if he sold his soul? Go and sell yours so you too can go far internationally.
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by ruggedtimi(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2023
Omo see rema and selena...i know whites dey hate that she is about to settle for rema. Rema with the hottest/most influential girl on earth. Make i hear say my pikin do MSc..u must unleash that talent
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2023
Botragelad:

Yeah, what business do you have if he sold his soul? Go and sell yours so you too can go far internationally.
I'm not interested in such kind of life
Fame without peace of mind I no want
Troubled souls everywhere

1 Like

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2023
He is big and Humble
Kingosytex:

Of a truth, you're a great singer with mad vocals and delivery.
Just a little step up on your lyrics from the nursery school rhymes to something more substantial and you will rule the industry for years.

Meanwhile, Rema and Selena look so cute together and will definitely make a good match.
See as the babe use lean on Rema.
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2023
You be Selena Gomez stan?
jaeyking:
Rema if you know say you no love Selena Gomez

Biko free her,

No let her pass through wetin Justin do her biko
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2023
Relationship Therapist 😅😅
ruggedtimi:
Omo see rema and selena...i know whites dey hate that she is about to settle for rema. Rema with the hottest/most influential girl on earth. Make i hear say my pikin do MSc..u must unleash that talent
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Botragelad: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:
I'm not interested in such kind of life
Fame without peace of mind I no want
Troubled souls everywhere
Then if you aren't interested, stop making a racket and moaning. It's his choice if or not he wants to sell his soul. You are not interested, let those who are interested do it.

Selling one's soul is a personal decision that does not affect anyone else, though there's nothing like that. Those who are not interested in doing so should not judge or interfere with those who are. It's simple logic!
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 13, 2023
Botragelad:

Then if you aren't interested, stop making a racket and moaning. It's his choice if or not he wants to sell his soul. You are not interested, let those who are interested do it.

Selling one's soul is a personal decision that does not affect anyone else, though there's nothing like that. Those who are not interested in doing so should not judge or interfere with those who are. It's simple logic!
Trying so hard to sound woke but I can see beyond your facade
Go and do if you like
Ina ruwa na
But truth must not be hidden

1 Like

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Botragelad: 7:45am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:
Trying so hard to sound woke but I can see beyond your facade
Go and do if you like
Ina ruwa na
But truth must not be hidden
Stop poking your nose into people's personal business and mind yours. Sort out your life!
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 13, 2023
Botragelad:

Stop poking your nose into people's personal business and mind yours. Sort out your life!
Why are you coming at me
Have we fought before or it has to do with my presidential candidate?
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Botragelad: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:
Why are you coming at me
Have we fought before or it has to do with my presidential candidate?
No love we have no problem, neither did I have any problem with you before. Please don't bring politics into this chat. I'm just trying to sort out the wrong idea you have. Sorry if I sounded too miffed, I'm just allergic to conspiracy theories.
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2023
Botragelad:

No love we have no problem, neither did I have any problem with you before. Please don't bring politics into this chat. I'm just trying to sort out the wrong idea you have. Sorry if I sounded too miffed, I'm just allergic to conspiracy theories.
Alright have a blessed day ahead
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2023
So other international Arts sold their souls too?
IconicR:

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Kingosytex(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:

Gifty Powers should go sell her soul also let me see how far she can go.
Why are most Nigerians wired to be envious and talk down on people doing well?
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2023
I just tire
Kingosytex:

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Thales01: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2023
Congrats to him.He truly deserved it.I watched the trending video of his acceptance speech and I couldn't be more proud of this young man who has contributed immensely to putting afrobeat on a global scale..
What is commendable about rema is that he always rightly acknowledge those who paved the way.It might seem a simple gesture but very impactful.
What endeared me more to him was how he allowed Selena Gomez to share in his blissful moment(despite her glaring hesistance) by allowing her to speak.. Another gesture but very impactful,earning him more respect from selena and his fans alike.
Kudos to him for leading the new school by example.

1 Like

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2023
Yeah. I concur.
So humble of him
Thales01:
Congrats to him.He truly deserved it.I watched the trending video of his acceptance speech and I couldn't be more proud of this young man who has contributed immensely to putting afrobeat on a global scale..
What is commendable about rema is that he always rightly acknowledge those who paved the way.It might seem a simple gesture but very impactful.
What endeared me more to him was how he allowed Selena Gomez to share in his blissful moment(despite her glaring hesistance) by allowing her to speak.. Another gesture but very impactful,earning him more respect from selena and his fans alike.
Kudos to him for leading the new school by example.
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2023
Peterpaul96:
Congratulations to Rema & Selena Gomez on winning the best Afrobeat song award at the 2023 #VMAs with Calm Down 🎶

Rema gave a big "Shoutout to the people who opened the doors for Afrobeat... Fela, 2baba, Timaya, Don Jazzy, D'Prince, Runtown, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido"

with his DEmonic CHAIN grin

Peterpaul96:
Demonic chain ke. Una dey talk sha
una no dey see sha! someone was dragged for havin chain with pendant of CHURCH UPSIDE DOWN<BURNING
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2023
Demonic chain ke. Una dey talk sha
Wealthoptulent:

with his DEmonic CHAIN grin
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Representing 🇳🇬
#Rema #Ayrastar and #Fireboy show out fashionably at the #VMAs

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Tonyuche23: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
One song can actually change your life. Rema's route to stardom has been seamless and unproblematic. I wish him maximum luck
Peterpaul96:

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Tonyuche23: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
Na everything una dey believe online. Person dey chase clout for relevance, una dey site am as source to a major take. Na wa
Kingosytex:

Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Tonyuche23: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
The Future of Afrobeat
Peterpaul96:
Representing 🇳🇬
#Rema #Ayrastar and #Fireboy show out fashionably at the #VMAs   
Re: REMA Makes History As The First Ever 'Best Afrobeats' Winner At The VMA by Peterpaul96: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Absolutely. Afrobeat is in safe hands
Tonyuche23:
The Future of Afrobeat

(1) (Reply)

“we Will Sue You For N300M If You Don’t Stop Asking For DNA Test” – Mohbad’s Sis / Gist Lover Is Blackmailing Me With My Nudes - Very Dark Man (VIDEO) / 11 Nollywood Actors & Actresses Who Died In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.