Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 (21929 Views)

Fake News Alert: CBN Denies Selling FX To BDCs At ₦‎1,001/$1 / CBN Denies Plans To Redenominate The Naira From January 2024 / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by zomby(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
FireUpNow:
Who will believe this joke?

You just never know....the igbos believe anything and everything. All you need is a red cap and say a few negative things about Tinubu and all the igbos are ready to follow you and believe anything that you say. That's why we call them the senseless GULLIBLESSS!
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by bionixs: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

all the spirit of emiefiele_le, emikemifiele or what ever his name is grin

unfortunately for YOU,TRUTH begins with Acceptance.
ur end is Near!
As Emefiele that i am. You are so duped that they will still let him off the hook, while you keep waiting in hunger.

Last time I visited, it was only freedom of movement they are denied . They are living proMAX MAX MAX of you dream behind the bars
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by FireUpNow(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
zomby:

You just never know....the igbos believe anything and everything. All you need is a red cap and say a few negative things about Tinubu and all the igbos are ready to follow you and believe anything that you say. That's why we call them the senseless GULLIBLESSS!
Hmmm
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by Omoawoke2(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
Elon musk money will cause a lot of misinformation and problem especially in Nigeria.
People can now earn from fake news and propaganda
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by emorse(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
HydraFeeds:
in this case , a good that used to worth 1000 naira will now worth 1 naira which is deflation but the person that used to receive 1000 naira salary will now receive 1 naira . They seem equivalent and the change is just living in a fool paradise but the reason it might lead to inflation is because people always look for any. Opportunity to inflate prices plus dime countries have tried it before but didn’t work .
teepain:

All monetary policies must be domesticated. Redenominating the Naira will lead to inflation. You may want to ask, how?. We have very poor price control mechanisms. If CBN redenominates #100 as #1, for instance, a landlord who used to collect #800000 rent per annum will now be collecting #8000. I tell you for free that, it will automatically lead to increases in house rents almost immediately.

Well, this isn't to say that I trust the Nigerian government to do the right thing but I read about the German situation which was terrible to say the least (inflation was over 1000% I think) and redenomination helped them to put it in check.

I agree with you if you say it could spiral out of control because of the type of leaders that we have sha.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by BrotherBenard: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
[
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by edogu(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
HydraFeeds:
If implemented,it will lead to hyperinflation .
Please explain more on this.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by Snapdrag0n: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Did they not deny Muslim-Muslim ticket at first when it was trending? Even the president deny it on his Twitter handle as fake news.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by Growing(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
In the first place, that is unbelievable.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by ajidikun: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
YxCEc2kUDRp2RWy:
I remember how people were larping this nonsense up when it first came out
People were saying all manner of irrelevant things... some even brought Jagaban into the mix (as usual)
People will believe anything nowadays
I believed and I shared it with some friends too.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by lawani: 4:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Redenomination as a solution is cosmetic at best. Nigeria is a country with many economic sectors with at least fifty million people earning income in whatever form. Maybe a maximum of 200,000 or much less work in the upstream oil sector and ninety percent of government revenue is gotten from that sector. The revenue profile is a recipe for disaster. In an organized Nigeria, oil revenue should be a maximum of ten percent of revenue but even five percent will be okay.
Re: CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 by Snitch24(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Aonkuuse:
CBN, I don't really know what is happening there!! Is it that you guys don't have a solution to the rising dollar value or there is something you guys are not telling us??

Meanwhile, people who sit down and write this kind of long fake articles really get time oo
They definitely knows what to do
But they can't it will affect their own business too
The leaders we know are just a mare puppet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC / Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? / Economy Finally In Recession!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.