Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. (24301 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale / Pictures From Desire Oparanozie's Healthcare For Girls Event Yesterday / Desire Oparanozie To Help Anthonia Abisola To Become A Professional Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by biggz82: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2023
Nobody retires from both club and country at 29. Something must be xup

She's a woman, time is not on her side family wise, if she plays till 35 or 40 when will she start her own family, if she already has a family when will she really face mothely duties and have time for kids/husband.

29 is too far for a female football.

1 Like

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by obuburam: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2023
Long overdue. You have tried your best.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Olat4421: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2023
One of d disadvantages of female footballers Dey may have little time to start or raise a family during deir career
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Brownemeka: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2023
naptu2:
oparanozie desire @oparanozie9

Good to know when to quit..... Obviously She's got plans for Herself... everything's not about money and Fame...As a Woman, You have to settle down and have a happy family...
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Brownemeka: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2023
biggz82:

She's a woman, time is not on her side family wise, if she plays till 35 or 40 when will she start her own family, if she already has a family when will she really face mothely duties and have time for kids/husband.
That's it
29 is too far for a female football.

1 Like

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Vadese1: 11:49am On Sep 13, 2023
She is female. She has to plan to settle down and build family

thesicilian:

1 Like

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Jostoman: 11:50am On Sep 13, 2023
May be she want to start a family life.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Nyanabo(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2023
phemmyfour:

Mehn... looks too young to be retiring. Maybe she wants to start her family.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by ceejay80s(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2023
emmysmith13:
Great. Thank you for the memories... Even the penalty lost against England is also a memory
Must u remind us say person die
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by KingLennon(m): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2023
emmysmith13:
Great. Thank you for the memories... Even the penalty lost against England is also a memory
What of losted?
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by KingLennon(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2023
emmysmith13:
English na ur mate?
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Israel07: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2023
thesicilian:
Nobody retires from both club and country at 29. Something must be xup.

Modified:
I've been made aware that she's retiring to start up a family. That's a pretty valid and nobody quest.

She's a woman naa, some think of starting a family.

1 Like

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by finallybusy: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2023
You’ve paid your dues. Enjoy the next phase of life.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Alaigbo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Same server given to Pandora n Atiku at the tribunal yet they couldn't prove a thing
franchasofficia:
Stop wasting your data and tell INEC to on their server let's check something cheesy
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nyanabo:
How old is she ?

29. 30 come December 17th...
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by godwon01(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
She has played her part in football. No be she lost penalty for us against England. Wishing her best of luck after her retirement in football.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by FireUpNow(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
noble71:
Happy retirement.

Meanwhile sell your Pi to us at a good rate.
What rate is good rate oga?
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by MAKAPOLY: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
Thank you for everything Desire!!!
All the best in your next chapter.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Kewellbanks: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
thesicilian:

Modified:
I've been made aware that she's retiring to start up a family. That's a pretty valid and nobody quest.
She's not a man. She needs to start making babies and start up a family. That's her goals now. She's not gonna play forever even the so called men remember?
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by deelor: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Thank you for the memories.............you really contributed your quota to the development of your dear country. Wish you best of luck in your next endeavors.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by noble71(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
FireUpNow:

What rate is good rate oga?
250 naira per Pi at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Jack500: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:
My dear go and face your family; family first, if you never marry, try and get married, have kids, enjoy your family, don't let anybody deceive you that marriage is not worth it, marriage to the right person and having your own kids is over worth it, nothing gives joy like having a partner that cares and kids that cant wait to see you back home cool

To those that say marriage does not worth it, does loneliness worth it?

If you say having kids does not worth it, is staying alone all the time and having nobody to spend your income on year in year out worth it? Make everybody de try use their head oh grin

I am fully Obidient, and Peter Obi remains my President, the best politician Nigeria ever produced, the President Nigeria desperately needs at this time, if you disagree, then continue celebrating a criminal that used ill gotten wealth to capture a whole state from 1999 to date and used same stolen treasury to buy every buyable person in Nigeria to become President, if that's your mentor so be it, a criminal will never be my mentor, and I forbid supporting known criminals and treasury looters even if they are my own blood brothers! cool

Old man, keep fooling yourself, president Tinubu will keep pressing your neck until it break
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by maco1: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
thesicilian:

Modified:

She is about 40 years old. She played at 4 world cup for Nigeria
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by FireUpNow(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
noble71:
250 naira per Pi at the moment.
hmmm 4 days effort is worth just 250 naira. Ok oo
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by phemmyfour: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nyanabo:

Mehn... looks too young to be retiring. Maybe she wants to start her family.
Exactly, for women, not easy to have baby and come back into the sport
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by seeker121(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
How much do you buy pi now
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by robosky02(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
Super Falcons forward Oparanozie announces retirement from football

Super Falcons forward Desire Oparanozie has announced her retirement from professional football.

The 29-year-old made the announcement on social media on Wednesday morning.

“To my fans, family, and friends, thank you for the show of love and support over the years. It’s time to take a bow, as I believe there’s no better time than now. I’m officially announcing my retirement from professional football for both club and country,” Oparanozie wrote on her X handle.

“To every team and coach I have played for, to every mate I’ve played alongside, and to every opponent I have played against, thank you all for being part of this incredible journey. Thank you football, thank you Nigeria.”

The forward started her career at Bayelsa Queens in the Nigerian Women’s Championship.

Oparanozie came into the limelight after featuring for Nigeria’s Falconets at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in 2010.

She was part of the Super Falcons squad that won the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations in 2010, 2014, 2016 and 2018.

The striker scored 22 goals in 35 appearances for Nigeria.

She played for clubs in Turkey, Russia, Germany, France and China.

Oparanozie was part of Super Falcons squad for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by waze63(m): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
noble71:
Happy retirement.

Meanwhile sell your Pi to us at a good rate.

Are you buying for real?

How much is ur rate?

I hope you are not another naira land scammer
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by noble71(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
waze63:

Are you buying for real?

How much is ur rate?

pi rate is 250 naira per Pi, we can use trusted Nairaland Escrow like wese90 to transact.
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by waze63(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
noble71:
pi rate is 250 naira per Pi, we can use trusted Nairaland Escrow like wese90 to transact.

Link up
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by Funjosh(m): 4:22am On Sep 14, 2023
waze63:

Are you buying for real?

How much is ur rate?

No he is not, he is genuine
Re: Desire Oparanozie Announces Retirement From Football. by ComeToJesus: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2023
thesicilian:

Modified:

Toxicity isn't profitable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cyriel Dessers Ready To Dump Belgium For Super Eagles / New Stylish Photos Of Cynthia Uwak / AFCON: Troost-Ekong Named Player Of The Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.