Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance (620 Views)

Rauf Aregbesola's First Day In Office As Interior Minister (Photo) / Meet Sunday Dare, Buhari’s 53-Year-Old Minister For Youth & Sports (Photos) / Rauf Aregbesola Is The New Interior Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by TheRareGem1(f): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has said that a backlog of almost 60,000 passports has been cleared in four working days.
“As of this morning, I can tell you that about 60,000 passport backlogs have been cleared, specifically 59,906.

“On Wednesday, September 6, 2023, when I gave the 2-week ultimatum, we had over 200,000 backlogs.

“We have recorded progress, and I maintain my word that those backlogs must be cleared.

Nigerians have taken to different social media platforms to shower praise on the Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, for not only not making the promise but also fulfilling it.

One of the prominent Instagram blogs, Instablog, posted the development, and the comments section is full of hope, praise, and happiness.

Reacting to the new development, Violet Queenmother said, “So they can work like this when ordinary renewal of my passport takes 6 months. They know how to work; they just decide to make life difficult for us,” she concluded.

Similarly, ayinke.ade noted, “as it should be. Not those unnecessary bottlenecks.”

For benorac7, “We know the right thing to do; we just need people who are ready to do the work to be in those key positions, and everything will work out fine in Nigeria. I salute the effort of the Minister of Interior.

Ekitiketan noted, “This is a great development. The kind of leadership we need right now”

Mona_lisa_perry recalled when the minister gave the pledge to clear the backlog last week, “Indeed! Not business as usual. Just last week, the minister made the pledge about clearing the backlogs; now, 60,000 applications have been cleared by NIS. It is good that he is keeping them on their toes. Nigerians, there is hope for a great Nigeria. He concluded.

While ennyzee says, “we can actually work to make things work here, especially when there is political will and determination,”

Olatunde Charles pointed out that “it means those immigration people had just been very lazy or intentionally delayed the processing to cause scarcity”.

_faiad questioned, “How are they able to clear 60,000 booklets in four days? But they always told us there were no booklets and that they would only be issuing passports to the highest bidders. See how we punish ourselves and blame the government?”

nichecarver12 noted that “what has been dragging Nigeria behind have been sabotage actions. Now that a minister knows his job, anybody who is going to be a saboteur has been told to either sit up or move out. It’s as simple as that. Most of these bottlenecks are caused by people in the NIS offices intentionally delaying the procedure so that they can have the avenue to make huge amounts of extra money from Nigerians.”

“Imagine what is daily ringing in the imagination of staff ears: ‘Either you work or give us space. No more public holidays for passport officers.” Calebmgbah wrote.

Famo_cares asserts that, “With this achievement, I hope Nigerians understand that it is we Nigerians that are Nigeria’s problem. I am sure all the staff at the NIS, comprising all tribes and religions, including the President and the governors we hate so much, have relatives in the civil service, and if they do, they are all Nigerians. Yet the same civil servants are the same people sabotaging and extorting Nigerians from getting their passports, and we blame the government. Who is the government? Are the people working there aliens? Until Nigerians change their attitudes and become patriotic, we will never move forward. In the same vein, leadership also matters a lot. Now that it is obvious that former minister Rauf Aregbesola was an abysmal failure in the office that he couldn’t achieve for eight (cool years,another minister has done it in less than two weeks of taking the same office.

I urge the minister to keep an eye on the staff at the NIS; those who are not ready to work should be kicked out, and passionate Nigerians should be engaged. God bless Nigeria, he prayed.

"With this guy in charge, I won’t have to wait for six months to renew my passport.” Iam_maguire concluded.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2023/09/passport-nigerians-interior-clearance/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Jideji: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
I hope It continues
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Solape1: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
History will be kind to you, this is amazing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by ojokolax: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nice job done by the Hon Minister of Interior.

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Temmy1997(f): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is a very good development from the ministry of interior I must commend his effort

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Joyce95: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mr Honorable Minister Sir. You have done a great work. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Lifted2000: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Good news

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by obamiyi(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kudos to our Hon. Minister Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo. More grace.

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by HAVEIT(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Welcome development. Any thing that will help the masses to breathe is good.

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Funmilayo8: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hon. (Dr) Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has continued to show boldness and courage and it is exciting to see that he carries the fire and passion and more importantly, the credentials to succeed in this role as the Minister of Interior. Keep up the good work sir. More strength and wisdom 👏👏👏

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Oracben: 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
This should continue, and coming from the minister himself there is assurance the the entire backlog will be cleared. Good job.

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Janetudeh(f): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kudos to the new minister for doing a very good job. This is what Nigerians want.

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Iamgrey5(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
How true is this story, someone honest enough to confirm this.
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by SanniAbraham15: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
The applaud is well deserved. The best minister ever appointed. Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo is Working the talk. More to see in his tenure as interior Minister and the difference from the previous regime will be clear
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Yheri: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
It's evident that the Minister's directives are turning into results. Efficient work by the NIS

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Varunpulyani: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
Only una go do mess .

Remove the mess

Then praise una selves for removing the mess.

Then call it Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Iamgrey5(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
How true is this story, someone honest enough to confirm this.

I want a honest Nigerian not an Obideint, Batist or ipob member.
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Iamgrey5(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Only una go do mess .

Remove the mess

Then praise una selves for removing the mess.

Then call it Nigerians
The Minister didn't create the mess.

The previous minister of interior caused it. I am talking about baba Hafusa.

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Tiwatoke2: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
Our amiable Minister of Interior is undoubtedly doing a fantastic job.
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Zeesugar(f): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
A new Nigeria is possible and we are seeing it coming to pass, together we will make it work. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by brightsbella(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Even as an obidient who doesn't approve of Tinubu's presidency, I'm beginning to like this minister. He seems to have bright ideas.
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Laryy360: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
A good move from Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo. Nigeria is getting there, This is just the beginning. God bless Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo and God bless Nigeria. Amen

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by TeeMoney99: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
This Minister is right on track

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Oluwalosolami: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is the kind of revolution Nigeria needs, having Creative , energetic,and varsitile youth at the elms of government. BTO is working.

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Tolulopeabigail: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nicely done sir 👏

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by kemzy107(f): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
The right man for the job is BTO👏👏

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by helinues: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
grin

The new interior minister na one of the Osinbajo's boy.

And yet headless mob go tell us say his Excellency Tinubu and Osinbajo get issue.

Ahead ahead jare

1 Like

Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Oluebubay: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
this is just the beginning of good things to come
God bless the honorable minister for achieving this in no distant time
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Pronigerianews: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
The Minister has made many Nigerians glad with this God bless ai
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by HarryGleb: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
helinues:
grin

The new interior minister na one of the Osinbajo's boy.

And yet headless mob go tell us say his Excellency Tinubu and Osinbajo get issue.

Ahead ahead jare
Will you like to work at immigration?
Re: Passports: Nigerians Applaud Interior Minister For 60,000 Applicants Clearance by Ogbonna24: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
The man is very active

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: How Tinubu's Fake CSU Certificates Robs Nigeria The Joy Of 63rd Indepe / If You Falsify Document To Gain Admission, Here Is The Way To Legalize It. / Tinubu’s Plan To Release IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Stalled By Imo Gov Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.