Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? (10301 Views)

Text Book That Wiil Teach Me English / The Book Of Death / One Book That Changed Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 18, 2011
Could be of any theme.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Orikinla(m): 12:35am On Oct 18, 2011
The Holy Bible. I love the Proverbs and Isaiah and New Testament most.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by vescucci(m): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2011
The God Delusion
The Quran
The Bible
Lamb tales from Shakespeare

And one other that I cannot mention here
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by maclatunji: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2011
The Quran
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Good reads brossssssss them
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by kingsong: 3:39am On Oct 22, 2011
The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far, but i will walk carefully
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by JeSoul(f): 6:12am On Oct 22, 2011
^all these deep people self.

Me my #1 (besides the bible which I don't consider a 'book' btw) is the entire series of Sir Arthur Conan Doyles "Sherlock Holmes" smiley. Taught me how to think, to imagine, to simplify & demystify supposed complexities & mysteries in so many aspects of life and living.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by vescucci(m): 11:55am On Oct 22, 2011
See person wey no deep. You wey I throw coin and I wait tire but no hear am hit ground.

Great series those ACD's. Great man that Sherlock. Hard to accept he's imaginary
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Jenifa1: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
imparted or impacted? i dey confused

the holy bible is a huge one.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by saperpsms: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2011
Apart from THE BOOK - Bible

There are many others but this one tops them most - How To Make Your Faith Work by Pst. Chris Oyakhilome.

Cheers
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
The bible, All of Paul writings in the bible, he is the greatest after Jesus, all bishop David Oyedepo's books and All of Pastor E.A Adeboye books,
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by achinu(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
"The Power of your subconscious mind" & "Think & Grow Rich"
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by vescucci(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^^ I hope that's not in some sorta hiierarchy
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Andrew3(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
TAKE BACK YOUR THRONE
THOMAS WAS NOT THERE
THE SPELL IS BROKEN
by rev.NTIA I NTIA
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Kx: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Positive Mental Attitude-Anthony Robbins
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by claremont(m): 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
"God Is Not Great. How Religion Poisons Everything"-- Christopher Hitchens. cool
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by moderatorr: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
1. bible.(the story of judas maccabeus, all the appocrypha books, and the story of the rising of Jesus)

2. Think and grow rich
(mr. Hill is a genius).
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by shadrach77: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Holy Bible  smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by NuhuRibadu: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
bible
purpose driven life (rick warren)
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Madcow(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Shack by William Paul Young
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
apart from the bible, i will say, things fall apart, and purple hibiscus
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by binigirl(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Bible
Battle field of the mind  and Me and my big mouth by Joyce Meyers
Finishing Strong by Steve Farrar
When God does not make sense
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Jarus(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
I'm not a great reader but these 3 were helpful.

-The Holy Qur'an
-Fundamentals of Tawheed (Abu Ameena Bilal Philips) - led me into further readings that demystified a lot of mysteries that used to disturb my mind in life
-Eat that Frog - helping me in my career and personal planning/organization
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by SUKURU(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
1 100 absolutely unbreakable laws of business success
2 getting rich your own way
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by sharpman1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2011
Richest Man in Babylon by George S Clason

7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey,
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by InkedNerd(f): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
I can't really say that there is one particular book that has impacted me. Just as religion, I take bits and pieces here and there and apply it to my life.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by minimynimo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Pilgrim's Progress

But The Holy Bible has imparted my life the most. I just don't consider it 'a' book.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by chinnyonwu(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by elewedu(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Quran, The Bible, 48 Laws of Power, The Act of Seduction, Talent is never enough
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Brymo: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
the BIBLE.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by nodullin(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
success through a Positive Mental Attitude

by Napolean Hill

Made my first tens of thousand after reading it in 2001
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by courage89(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
7 habit of highly effective people - Steven Covey
Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
In search of Identity - Anwar el Sadat
Art of the deal - Donald Trump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story / Patch Of Black / Who Offended The gods of the land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.