Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

If You Take Islam As A Way Of Life, You Can Hardly Be Oblivious Of Your Lord. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If You Take Islam As A Way Of Life, You Can Hardly Be Oblivious Of Your Lord. (130 Views)

The Best Way Of Earning A Living / Coronavirus: Islamic Way Of Preventing The Spread Of The Virus / Islamic Way Of Congratulating Parent On The Occasion Of Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Take Islam As A Way Of Life, You Can Hardly Be Oblivious Of Your Lord. by akinsmail51: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
If you take Islam as a way of life, you can hardly be oblivious of your Lord.

Adhkar will be part and parcel of your way of life.

Islam is built in such a way that you don't need to be a saint before you amass a great deal of good deeds and rewards.

Before we sleep in the night, there are special invocations or words of rememberance to chant.

When you wake up, there words of rememberance to utter.

Before eating, after eating, when you get dresses or off your dresses, when leaving home and while entering home, there are invocations to utter.

In fact, you can't totally skipped reading Qur'an in a week if you aren't a lazy Muslim.

At least, Surah Al Khaf is recommended for us to read on Fridays.

While you can just spend 5 - 10 minutes of your time to read Surah Al Milk & Surah As Sajdah as part of your night routine before you sleep every day.

Recently, I have been thinking about the fact that a Muslim can't never be neglectful of His Lord except when he allows worldly pursuits to overwhelm him.

It seems the best way any rational Muslim can fully utilise his intellect is to seek time to memorize any concise Books of Adhkar.

Of course, memorizing the Nobel Qur'an is the best knowledge investment a Muslim must aspire to acquire.

But not all of us can achieve this feat, hence we can go for low hanging fruits such as devoting time to memorize books of Adhkar.

I recommend Hisnul Muslim (Citadel of the Believer), then Du'a minal Kitab wa Sunnah.

My Memorization of these two books almost two decades ago seems to be the best knowledge investment I have ever made.

When my brain was very sharp and photogenic, I attempted to memorize more books of Adhkar such as Kitab ul Adhkar by Imam Nawaafil and that of Ibn Taymiyyah which I can't fully remember its name now.

In fact, instilling the memorization of this book (Hisnul Muslim) on my students while I was working in a school environment appears to me my best heritage ever.

I implore you to give it a try.

Here's what worked for me then:

🍁 I started with memorizing one new dhikr per day and revising 5 already memorized Adhkar.

🍁 Later, I did memorize a section per day and revise 5 sections on a daily basis.

🍁 I used to do this 5 days in week. I reserved two days for make up in case I missed a day or could not achieve the set target.

Invest time to fortify yourself with Adhkar, dear brethren.

#adhkar #dhikr #advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Take Islam As A Way Of Life, You Can Hardly Be Oblivious Of Your Lord. by Kingozymandias(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
akinsmail51:
If you take Islam as a way of life, you can hardly be oblivious of your Lord.

Adhkar will be part and parcel of your way of life.

Islam is built in such a way that you don't need to be a saint before you amass a great deal of good deeds and rewards.

Before we sleep in the night, there are special invocations or words of rememberance to chant.

When you wake up, there words of rememberance to utter.

Before eating, after eating, when you get dresses or off your dresses, when leaving home and while entering home, there are invocations to utter.

In fact, you can't totally skipped reading Qur'an in a week if you aren't a lazy Muslim.

At least, Surah Al Khaf is recommended for us to read on Fridays.

While you can just spend 5 - 10 minutes of your time to read Surah Al Milk & Surah As Sajdah as part of your night routine before you sleep every day.

Recently, I have been thinking about the fact that a Muslim can't never be neglectful of His Lord except when he allows worldly pursuits to overwhelm him.

It seems the best way any rational Muslim can fully utilise his intellect is to seek time to memorize any concise Books of Adhkar.

Of course, memorizing the Nobel Qur'an is the best knowledge investment a Muslim must aspire to acquire.

But not all of us can achieve this feat, hence we can go for low hanging fruits such as devoting time to memorize books of Adhkar.

I recommend Hisnul Muslim (Citadel of the Believer), then Du'a minal Kitab wa Sunnah.

My Memorization of these two books almost two decades ago seems to be the best knowledge investment I have ever made.

When my brain was very sharp and photogenic, I attempted to memorize more books of Adhkar such as Kitab ul Adhkar by Imam Nawaafil and that of Ibn Taymiyyah which I can't fully remember its name now.

In fact, instilling the memorization of this book (Hisnul Muslim) on my students while I was working in a school environment appears to me my best heritage ever.

I implore you to give it a try.

Here's what worked for me then:

🍁 I started with memorizing one new dhikr per day and revising 5 already memorized Adhkar.

🍁 Later, I did memorize a section per day and revise 5 sections on a daily basis.

🍁 I used to do this 5 days in week. I reserved two days for make up in case I missed a day or could not achieve the set target.

Invest time to fortify yourself with Adhkar, dear brethren.

#adhkar #dhikr #advice

Beautiful piece brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did All The People Before Islam Have Warners Or Not ? / Important Of Learning Al-qur'an / A Fly Or A Mountain – Sayings Of The Salaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.