Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,268 members, 7,846,257 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

DATKEM Plaza Destruction: Where Governor Abiodun Erred - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DATKEM Plaza Destruction: Where Governor Abiodun Erred (151 Views)

CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist / See Where Governor Uzodinma Governs Imo State From – PDP / “You Are Wrong, You Erred In Law” - Obaseki Fumes At Tribunal Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DATKEM Plaza Destruction: Where Governor Abiodun Erred by bestofnollywood: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
On the 11th of September, 2023, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun at a public function after inspecting the 8 kilometer Mowe Ofada Road in Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of the State, was quoted to have said thus:

_“Let me take you down memory lane. The purported owner of this property, when I assumed office in 2019, had a property in Abeokuta. It was meant to be a hotel. My predecessor had sealed that property for eight years. He had issued a stop order. He was going to demolish that building, but for my intervention, I pleaded with him. That building remained under lock and key until I resumed office. The first day I was sworn in was the very day the owner moved into that property for the first time in eight years. And today, the property is called Conference Hotel in Abeokuta._
_“How do you now begin to accuse the same me that facilitated the completion of that project despite different court actions that were brought then, despite different charges by the EFCC that were hanging around the project? I actually commissioned that project alongside the former Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. You are now trying to use media, trying to attract unnecessary sympathy, playing the underdog and saying that I, Dapo Abiodun, demolished a property that first I didn’t know it was yours; your name is not on that property. You never came forward to say this property is yours._
_“You expect that someone, who is a serving Senator, a former Governor of this state, would show a level of more responsibility. I have said it that I, Dapo Abiodun, if I have a building that violates the building code, bring it down._
_“And by this, I am sending a strong warning to all of us across the State. There are many of you who have buildings without approvals. There are many of you who don’t even have C of O. If you have built without approval, the long arm of the law will soon be catching up with you. We will not tolerate lawlessness in this state. We will not be defined by lawlessness and half hazard development when you just build anyhow.”_

I find it necessary to set the record straight by saying that what the Governor said is totally false. This position of mine is based on the fact that I am the legal officer of the Hotel and necessary documents at the disposal of the hotel point to the contrary.

The issue on Conference Hotel Abeokuta was a subject of litigation during that period your predecessor was in office. The management of the hotel had taken the Government to court following a purported report issued by the Judicial Commission of inquiry to look into all land allocation, acquisition, sales concessions of government properties and administration of land policies, rules and regulation between Jan 2004 and May 2011.
Your predecessor at no time issued a stop order at least to the best of the knowledge of the Hotel Management. Your predecessor may have informed you that he was going to demolish the hotel. The issue of the demolition was also not known to the Management of the hotel...

Read On...

https://applesbite.com/datkem-plaza-destruction-where-governor-abiodun-erred-by-adetona-adejumo-esq/

Re: DATKEM Plaza Destruction: Where Governor Abiodun Erred by bestofnollywood: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
https://applesbite.com/datkem-plaza-destruction-where-governor-abiodun-erred-by-adetona-adejumo-esq/
bestofnollywood:
On the 11th of September, 2023, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun at a public function after inspecting the 8 kilometer Mowe Ofada Road in Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of the State, was quoted to have said thus:

_“Let me take you down memory lane. The purported owner of this property, when I assumed office in 2019, had a property in Abeokuta. It was meant to be a hotel. My predecessor had sealed that property for eight years. He had issued a stop order. He was going to demolish that building, but for my intervention, I pleaded with him. That building remained under lock and key until I resumed office. The first day I was sworn in was the very day the owner moved into that property for the first time in eight years. And today, the property is called Conference Hotel in Abeokuta._
_“How do you now begin to accuse the same me that facilitated the completion of that project despite different court actions that were brought then, despite different charges by the EFCC that were hanging around the project? I actually commissioned that project alongside the former Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. You are now trying to use media, trying to attract unnecessary sympathy, playing the underdog and saying that I, Dapo Abiodun, demolished a property that first I didn’t know it was yours; your name is not on that property. You never came forward to say this property is yours._
_“You expect that someone, who is a serving Senator, a former Governor of this state, would show a level of more responsibility. I have said it that I, Dapo Abiodun, if I have a building that violates the building code, bring it down._
_“And by this, I am sending a strong warning to all of us across the State. There are many of you who have buildings without approvals. There are many of you who don’t even have C of O. If you have built without approval, the long arm of the law will soon be catching up with you. We will not tolerate lawlessness in this state. We will not be defined by lawlessness and half hazard development when you just build anyhow.”_

I find it necessary to set the record straight by saying that what the Governor said is totally false. This position of mine is based on the fact that I am the legal officer of the Hotel and necessary documents at the disposal of the hotel point to the contrary.

The issue on Conference Hotel Abeokuta was a subject of litigation during that period your predecessor was in office. The management of the hotel had taken the Government to court following a purported report issued by the Judicial Commission of inquiry to look into all land allocation, acquisition, sales concessions of government properties and administration of land policies, rules and regulation between Jan 2004 and May 2011.
Your predecessor at no time issued a stop order at least to the best of the knowledge of the Hotel Management. Your predecessor may have informed you that he was going to demolish the hotel. The issue of the demolition was also not known to the Management of the hotel...

Read On...

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Nominates Cardoso As CBN Governor / Re: Non-indigene Resident Form And Tax In Oba. So What About That? / How To Completely Stop Crime In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.