Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,452 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

I Was Flogged By A Masquerade - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Was Flogged By A Masquerade (12881 Views)

Slaying Or Madness: Lady Carried By A Masquerade, Pics - Culture - Nairaland / Picture Of A Masquerade Pushing A Biker During Calabar Carnival / Masquerade Falls Into A Drainage While Walking On The Road (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Shawl001(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Aaah.

I've been faced with many of them, but this particular one really got me angry.
I was in a village doing the work of the ministry (if you know Mbaukwu, In Awka, ANAMBRA state).
One of them tried to stop me while I was hurrying to church that evening. We were at a narrow road. Truth is, I heard him blowing that thing in their mouth, and I could have easily turned back. But then, I thought to myself, why would I turn back?
I kept going, and he saw me. He immediately raised his cane up to attempt to flog me with it.
I looked around and he was alone. I shouted at him, "if you try it, it will be your last".

When he heard it, he relaxed and started blowing that thing in his mouth. I told him he should move aside, as I was getting late for evening service.

He started to rant in a deep voice. Now, I was getting scared, a little. Then I told myself, if I "Bleep up now", that's the end o...this guy will flog me like I took his wife.
I maintained my posture and confidence. I made sure he saw the Bible and the note I was holding, to proof to him that I was a Pastor.

Then, He moved aside to allow me to go, and said, "you self, if you Don hear the whistle sound, no they Waka come again ooo". I didn't respond as I walked past him.

That's how I left that alley, and straight up, walked as fast as I could to church, with sweat all over me.

Those years, I was bold!
I'm bolder now. cool

4 Likes

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Emeksman: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
I just dey laugh you guy. If u try dis ur revenge stuff omo faith foundation odenigbo nsukka/ shannahan no go help you. Avoid those oriopka nsukka most of dem dey with tools .

1 Like

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Godsongang: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Maybe them dey carry masquerade for ur family, why them go flog u 3diff times. The are gods telling u something, go back ur village.
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by gentposh: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ebus12:
I endured it in 2019, when I was beaten in Nsukka. Endured again in 2021, when these same people wiped me two powerful ones on the back, when coming from school.

Today again, I have chested another one for the culture.
But I swear by the filaments and the skies, the next these wicked idiots hiding under the cloak of a masquerade attire will lash me again, I will definitely retaliate.I swear.

Both the person hiding inside the cloak, the idiots following him or her around, and the gods they are representing, will feel the heat, that day. I swear and I swear.
Heh God! That fool inside that masquerade gown should thank his stars that I was held by some people yesterday evening, I would have shown the world a side of me that I have hiding for too long now.

You should come and see the intensity this guy used to wipe me that raffian stick this evening.
Yes, I know I have been owing lots of people lately, but for goodness' sake, why not come directly and ask for your money. Be a man, for goodness' sake.
Must I be flogged?

Ask for your money, you coward. The highest I will do is refuse to pay you, or maybe threaten you on top.
Come like a man and ask for your money
Must I be flogged?

Are you from Enugu
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by shantti(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
astonished:
I can see some people supporting this barbaric act on in the name of culture, some even say it as it is normal thing and the right of these useless masquerade people to flog an innocent person.

The day I will have marchet with me and they come to flog me, do you know how they butcher cow in Abbatoir, that's exactly the way I will butcher each of them

The Youths will simply end your life.
Many Igbo villages don't joke with masquerades though I don't support the beating. But it is what it is.
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by saveman91(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Guy man like me no de fear masquerade
them do anyhow they see anyhow
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Ahigbo1: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
Same Nsukka, they flogged one of us. We went with a taxi and picked two of them. We brought them to our facility and gave them the beating of their lives grin grin
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Ahigbo1: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Same Nsukka, they flogged one of us. We went with a taxi and picked two of them. We brought them to our facility and gave them a beating of their lives grin grin
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princelumide: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Na mouth you just get... d Masquerade go still flog you again and you no go do shi shi... You go still come back here come give us update. shocked

Ebus12:
I endured it in 2019, when I was beaten in Nsukka. Endured again in 2021, when these same people wiped me two powerful ones on the back, when coming from school.

But I swear by the filaments and the skies, the next these wicked idiots hiding under the cloak of a masquerade attire will lash me again, I will definitely retaliate.I swear.

Both the person hiding inside the cloak, the idiots following him or her around, and the gods they are representing, will feel the heat, that day. I swear and I swear.
Heh God! That fool inside that masquerade gown should thank his stars that I was held by some people yesterday evening, I would have shown the world a side of me that I have hiding for too long now.

You should come and see the intensity this guy used to wipe me that raffian stick this evening.
Yes, I know I have been owing lots of people lately, but for goodness' sake, why not come directly and ask for your money. Be a man, for goodness' sake.
Must I be flogged?

Ask for your money, you coward. The highest I will do is refuse to pay you, or maybe threaten you on top.
Must I be flogged?

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Pootle: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
you see people they give masquerade space you wan buga pass undecided
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by dreamxhaser: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
dalaman:
Some years ago, I and my friend that works for the DSS were moving around in Nssuka on one Sunday evening around 4pm when the masquerades came and attacked us. They were beating some young boys around but we were on the other side of the road walking and just observing. Two of them started running towards us with their long whips ready to start whipping us because we didnt run away like others. He quickly brought out his pistol and started shooting towards their direction when they were just a few feets away from us. Come see how all of them took off shouting and screaming in Igbo. I will never forget that day ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Shey the gods won't protect them again?

He should have scattered one person leg.

Fvkn bastards๐Ÿคฃ
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by godofuck231: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Good for you and thanks for sharing it on nairaland
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by jimmyvic(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
You dey speak grammar bros...Next year, they go still flog you and you no go do shit
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by PaulH07: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
Okortor:
Nonsense tradition, that's how some low budget masquerade (egungun) accosted me and a colleague not knowing we were military officer's and just coming out of the oshodi arena headed for mushin, naso we comot koboko and beat hell out of their body, infact the rest na history......... although we were on mufti hence the effrontery!!!!!

Did they try to flog you?

I thought the masquerades in Lagos are now looking for money and no longer flog people na

1 Like

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by PaulH07: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Only you, flogged three times by a masquerade. My brother, the gods are calling you grin

To be a masquerade I guess cheesy
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by dkidd: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
I remember when I was still in the world. I followed one of my boys to kogi state, egbira go run things and it was during their festival...omor everywhere lockdown. Me and my guy just dey stroll out naim be crowd dey tear race left right and center before I say make I look for my guy na twai twai! The thing from back touch my guy for head ๐Ÿ˜‚ the next thing masquerade dey target me. E come be like we dey dance masquerade face me I face am dey use back dey run and warn am at the same time say I go kill am if him dare try whip me. I get moral because the man we come see be like small god there and na him son (my boy) them go whip na so masquerade shele or maybe him pity me oo. We just gats turn back go meet him baba before my guy yarn baba done cut chain before u say Jack Ma them done summon masquerade oo but na the head of the quarters when masquerade from show na him come represent dey beg. Las las Dem die matter my egbira guy come get tiger marks for one side of face.. those masquerade wicked ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by BALLOSKI: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
pay them their money.
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Ebus12:

You should come and see the intensity this guy used to wipe me that raffian stick this

evening.
Must I be flogged?

Must I be flogged?

IT'S EITHER YOU CLAIM TOO MUCH OR YOU DON'T LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. WHY WOULD YOU ALWAYS BE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION ?
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2023
Ebus12:

You should come and see the intensity this guy used to wipe me that raffian stick this

evening.
Must I be flogged?

Must I be flogged?

IT'S EITHER YOU CLAIM TOO MUCH OR YOU DON'T LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. WHY WOULD YOU ALWAYS BE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION ? angry
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by nurusystem(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2023
They needs ban all these gods that is used for flog and maltreating people

1 Like

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by phemmyfour: 7:38am On Sep 16, 2023
Ebus12:

Must I be flogged?

Must I be flogged?

Next time, collect the cane and flog the masquerade
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by DrMuzungu(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2023
Where are your brothers and uncles to teach that masquerade some proper behavior?!
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princewell2012(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
NOwazobia:
The moderator that push this to front page need 10 stroke from that masquerade. undecided

But again, you no retaliate, na after dem don flog you, you kon come Nairaland dey vibrate for revenge. grin

Shey na we flog you!

I don laugh sotee water dey comot for my eyes grin
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princewell2012(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2023
Subonbon:
So u wan wait till dem flog you again? Hmmm what a world!
ร here is something wrong with that guy.
I have never been flog by a masquerade before even in the dream.
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princewell2012(m): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
Those Nsukka Masquerades are something else. ...pure evil and the coke in group ..how many will you be able to face at same time ...no be say you be Rambo, terminator or commando...

This is how we do our own cane flogging in our village....ipia Agba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E
Don't mind him. Why is him complaining to us? Honestly I don laugh tire here grin
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princewell2012(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
mipeesoft:
So you were flogged for owing people grin grin grin grin grin dis wan weak me ooo aswear

Believe me this guy na comedian. I don laugh tire here. grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Princewell2012(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
astonished:
I can see some people supporting this barbaric act on in the name of culture, some even say it as it is normal thing and the right of these useless masquerade people to flog an innocent person.

The day I will have marchet with me and they come to flog me, do you know how they butcher cow in Abbatoir, that's exactly the way I will butcher each of them
Na mouth you dey make. grin
Re: I Was Flogged By A Masquerade by Deasegun19(m): 6:38am On Sep 17, 2023
Ebus12:

Must I be flogged?

Must I be flogged?

start martial arts training in preparation for your next encounter with the masquerades, because...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Western Blacks with Igbo Names / 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) / Complete List Of Nigerian States, Lga And Towns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.