Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Bible 101 For Dummies. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible 101 For Dummies. (482 Views)

Judaism 101 For My Igbo "Jew Wannabe" Brothers / Marriage 101 For Our Christian Ladies: Supplication Over Penetration. / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Caveatemptor:
The bible claims to be a religious book. In this thread I will seek to find out how true this claim is with quoted passages from specific books,chapters and verses. You are therefore free to keep your Bible handy as the thread proceeds. Thank you.
The Bible actually make that claim? Where? undecided

The Book is instead primarily a story about a people — the descendants of Jacob— and 2 Nations constituted of the people — The Nation of Israel(and then Judah) in the Land of Canaan, and the Kingdom of God(a Nation that is not of this world), the constitution of both Nations clearly expressed in the Bible. So how in the world can any of that be considered religious? undecided
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
Caveatemptor:
THE BIBLE ON SLAVERY.
we all agree that slavery is bad and morally unjust.
From this premise it will be assumed a religious book would condemn such an action. Does the bible in any shade or form condem this abominable act?
No in fact the bible supports slavery of human beings in all forms and even goes further to tell you how to enslave people. Through out the new testament Jesus Christ never for once condemns slavery. Christ performs many noble actions,gives a lot of advise on how to be a good person and how to attain the kingdom of heaven but does he for once condemn slavery? No he does not. What about Peter his disciple? Does he condemn slavery? No he does not!

This is not in the bible abi?
1) if a slave escapes do not return him. Deuteronomy 23:15

2) Leviticus 19:18 "Thou shall not steal (whether persons or things. Exodus 20:15/17 expanded its scope) neither deal falsely".

3) Leviticus 25:17 "Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God:"

4) Exodus 23:9 "Thou shalt not oppress a stranger:

5) Exodus 20:21 "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger nor oppress him:

6) Exodus 20:22 "ye shall not afflict ...a fatherless child".

7 ) Exodus 23:2 "Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil:"

cool Exodus 23:6 "Thou shalt not wrest the judgement of thy poor in his cause"

SO YOU ARE A BIG FAT LIAR!

2 Likes

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Caveatemptor:
...Exodus chapter 21 verses 7-11.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her2 for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or mher marital rights. 11 And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

Even with these clear words (1) a man of his own (maybe because of poverty) sells his daughter and this passage is The Law freeing her and returning her to her family. Yet this is you twisting it.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
Caveatemptor:
Another.

Ephesians 6:5
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

So employees should disobey their bosses!

You are obviously a mad person. And someone would have thought you are normal.

So obviously this is "the bible 101 according to lunatics

1 Like

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2023
The virgin birth.

There are so many insertions in the Bible. These were added as the writing went along. Some were added as errors of translations while others were just deliberately added to serve the writer or his groups agenda.

The authors ascribed to the books were not the real names of the authors. Names of popular figures of history were superimposed on these books as being the authors of the books. The funny aspect is Moses the so called liberator of the Israelites from Egypt is credited with writing the first five books of the Bible and even has the time to record his own death in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 34.5
None of the names on these books were the real authors and there is no evidence that any of the authors were eye witnesses to the stories they wrote about.
Paul wrote a lot of letters ascribed to him but no one of these letters talks about the virgin birth of Jesus Christ . How is this possible?
The only answer is that the virgin birth was not known to the early Christian Church. The virgin birth was a clever insertion by the later gospel writers like Mathew,Like and John- (who are pseudonyms for scribes who wrote these stories).

Mark(another pseudonym by the way) was the first gospel written and in his account there is no virgin birth story ,while his resurrection story is a mysterious ending. Mathew,Luke and John take Mark's account and embellish it greatly to suit the agenda of the church father's.

So the question is if the virgin birth did not happen, what did happen?
What myths have been inserted in this book?
Which stories are stolen from myths of superior civilisations?
Where do the lies end and where does the truth begin?

Like I have said severally on these boards,the bible is a amalgamation of myths,ascribed to a storm deity. There are a lot of embellishments. The authors were not eyewitnesses to the accounts written. The names ascribed to the books are not the names of the authors of those books. So where do the lies end and where does the truth begin?
It is sad as well as being funny at the same time that millions of people around the world allow their lives be dictated by words in an unreliable book.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Caveatemptor(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2023
Bump
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2023
Caveatemptor:
Bump

"the bible 101 according to lunatics
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dantedasz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

"the bible 101 according to lunatics

Are the passages he posted not in the Bible?
Why not counter him with evidence from the bible?
I am not really surprised because when you guys are found out and exposed you either sneak away with your tail between your legs or begin to insult.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dantedasz:

Are the passages he posted not in the Bible?
Why not counter him with evidence from the bible?
I am not really surprised because when you guys are found out and exposed you either sneak away with your tail between your legs or begin to insult.

And the passages explaining his lunatic interpretations, are they not clearly in the Bible for all to see?

It is so bold to see that it is only a mad person who can claim not to see it that is if his lunatic interpretation is ignored.

As you can see he did not counter it which is proof that he is just a blasphemous demon.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dantedasz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And the passages explaining his lunatic interpretations, are they not clearly in the Bible for all to see?

It is so bold to see that it is only a mad person who can claim not to see it that is if his lunatic interpretation is ignored.

As you can see he did not counter it which is proof that he is just a blasphemous demon.

The point is are these passages in the Bible or not?
Let us for the moment forget his lunatic interpretation.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Caveatemptor(m): 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dantedasz:

You are wasting your time responding to that air head. Talking to him is a sheer waste of time that is why I just ignore some of them when they mention/quote me. Let him argue with what is inside his so called religious book of slavery, misogyny, rape,human sacrifice and genocide.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17am On Sep 18, 2023
Dantedasz:

And the point is that those passages have their accompanying explanation such that it is impossible that it is only a mad person like the op who can come to such a lunatic conclusion.

And looking at the scarcity of comments it is obvious that I am one of the last to know that the op is a nairaland certified lunatic.

Bible reading according to lunatics
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dantedasz(m): 3:27am On Sep 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And the point is that those passages have their accompanying explanation such that it is impossible that it is only a mad person like the op who can come to such a lunatic conclusion.

[i]And looking at the scarcity of comments it is obvious that I am one of the last to know that the op is a nairaland certified lunatic. [/i]

Bible reading according to lunatics

Have you considered the fact that the scarcity of comments may mean that they have no answers to what the OP has written in his thread?
From my experience, Christians tend to run away from threads like this because they have no answers to the questions raised.
I asked you if what the OP wrote is in the bible or not and you have failed to answer.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
Dantedasz:

Have you considered the fact that the scarcity of comments may mean that they have no answers to what the OP has written in his thread?
From my experience, Christians tend to run away from threads like this because they have no answers to the questions raised.

I have and this is not so because it is the habit of nairalanders to ignore the posts and threads of mad people.

Dantedasz:

I asked you if what the OP wrote is in the bible or not and you have failed to answer.

And I have answered you by stating that it is also included in those passages the explanation/rationale behind them.

And every reasonable person reads and considers them on the whole and not in torn, severed parts as the insane op does. Even right now you did not read posts in severed parts.

Only an insane person reads a book in parts.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by jaephoenix(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The Book is instead primarily a story about a people — the descendants of Jacob— and 2 Nations constituted of the people — The Nation of Israel(and then Judah) in the Land of Canaan, and the Kingdom of God(a Nation that is not of this world), the constitution of both Nations clearly expressed in the Bible. So how in the world can any of that be considered religious? undecided
I don't even think you read the Bible. Its clearly written there. If you don't know, tell me and I'll show you the quotes

1 Like

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Caveatemptor(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't even think you read the Bible. Its clearly written there. If you don't know, tell me and I'll show you the quotes

You need to ignore some of these posters as I usually do. It's just not worth it. Many of them are so deluded and brain washed that you just can't make them see reason no matter how hard you try. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall.

1 Like

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Maynman: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2023
Caveatemptor:

You need to ignore some of these posters as I usually do. It's just not worth it. Many of them are so deluded and brain washed that you just can't make them see reason no matter how hard you try. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall.

You just described yourself for everyone can see that you are running from reasonable arguments.

I give you $50 dollars if you can validly counter me. offer last till 12pm if you do not respond to the challenge.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You just described yourself for everyone can see that you are running from reasonable arguments.

[b]I give [b]you $50 dollars if you can validly counter me.[/[/b]b] offer last till 12pm if you do not respond to the challenge.

I will answer you this once.
The Internet is certainly a levelling of personalities if a poverty striken church rat would believe you can buy me over. I am not bragging when I tell you I am a very fulfilled man with vast properties and business and I did this without believing in a fairy tale god.
Just imagine the insult: You will give me $50? Can you just imagine the rubbish. In fact you are very silly to make that kind of senseless offer to me.

Let me tell you this today,you numbskull, what I do here is not for rewards like you I do what I do here with the hope that one poor deluded soul trapped in the webs of religion will read this and be FREE!
Going forward if you attempt to address me or engage me any further you will be ignored as usual. Just imagine $50? You must mistake me for one of your pastors.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2023
Caveatemptor:

I will answer you this once.
The Internet is certainly a levelling of personalities if a poverty striken church rat would believe you can buy me over. I am not bragging when I tell you I am a very fulfilled man with vast properties and business and I did this without believing in a fairy tale god.
Just imagine the insult: You will give me $50? Can you just imagine the rubbish. In fact you are very silly to make that kind of senseless offer to me.

Let me tell you this today,you numbskull, what I do here is not for rewards like you I do what I do here with the hope that one poor deluded soul trapped in the webs of religion will read this and be FREE!
Going forward if you attempt to address me or engage me any further you will be ignored as usual. Just imagine $50? You must mistake me for one of your pastors.
Rubbish.

Buy you over for what? Did I ask you to become a Christian? I don't care if you kiss stones or wood or worship the things you create.

All I asked is you is to prove by reasonable and justified means that your accusations are indeed True like Chicago University has to prove that either Tinubu is a fraud or Atiku made a False Accusation.

And the way you are ranting and insulting me over the $50 dollars just proves the fact that you are very hungry person who deslerately would like to have it for if you were satisfied IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE OFFENDED BY MY OFFER. So wrong reaction. You are faking it.

Anyway all these are out of point. The point is come and defend and counter your accusations if indeed they are True and stop running away and dodging like Bola Tinubu and jws.

Come and prove your case reasonably if indeed you are not a lying devil, that is the challenge.

Unlike you, I stand by my words or fall by them so, even though it looks like you reject the $50 dollars, unless you say it again that you do not want it, I present it up to be taken by you if you justly prove your accusations.

And since you are doing initial shakara and gragra, I extend the offer to 2pm today.
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by Kobojunkie: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Where is it stated within the books of the Bible that it is a religious book? undecided
Re: The Bible 101 For Dummies. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2023
Yeah...the bible is a love book on how to get your dream man/woman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Bursts Into Laughter After Seeing His Church Member Fall On Anointing (vid) / Christmas Reflection / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.