Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? (660 Views)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? / Neatly Used Audi A4 Car Up For Sale First Body At Good Price In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2023
i plan to buy new front bumper and a bit of body work and respray before Xmas.

but all of this will be counter productive without lifting the car up due to bad roads.

i plan to do them gradually by first lifting it up then next will be to change the front bumper.

i went to consult two mechanic they said they will remove and adjust/weld the shocks. this doesn't sound nice to me.

there is no plan for bigger rim or tyre. is there any other way out?

is it okay to tampered weld the shocks? what if i need to change some of the shocks in future?
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by 3kay945(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2023
If you want peeps to respond to this, then you need to give details about the car you talking about bro.
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2023
3kay945:
If you want peeps to respond to this, then you need to give details about the car you talking about bro.
sudan
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by NokiaN8(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Upload pics.. although you can raise the car up by fixing rubber...
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
NokiaN8:
Upload pics.. although you can raise the car up by fixing rubber...
is it trailer rubber?
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by CamelCase: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
Do what he said.. give more details of the cat, and if possible show us pics..

The best way I can think of is the shocks absorbers.

And don't be scared of the welding, it won't affect anything as long as the mechanic uses equal length in both shocks when raising. Just that anytime you change any shock you will need to go raise it again.

I raise mine too for my Toyota Sienna 06.
Front and back(spring)
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2023
CamelCase:
Do what he said.. give more details of the cat, and if possible show us pics..

The best way I can think of is the shocks absorbers.

And don't be scared of the welding, it won't affect anything as long as the mechanic uses equal length in both shocks when raising. Just that anytime you change any shock you will need to go raise it again. What if they just add rubber tyre pad on it? Instead of welding?

I raise mine too for my Toyota Sienna 06.
Front and back(spring)
what if they just add rubber tyre pad on it instead of welding it?

Is 2 inch too much?
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by CamelCase: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
fineboynl:
what if they just add rubber tyre pad on it instead of welding it?

Is 2 inch too much?

Two inches is okay.. don't know of the rubber.. haven't used it. But most mechanic always opt for the welding dunno which is better..
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by Sings: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
The rubber is a good idea I did this last week the. Change my bumper … my mechanic also said the rubber will last thr life span Fo thr car
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Sings:
The rubber is a good idea I did this last week the. Change my bumper … my mechanic also said the rubber will last thr life span Fo thr car
what kind of rubber did you use? Can you send picture of what the rubber look like? Also how many inches did you gain?
Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by checkmatez: 11:38pm On Sep 16, 2023
fineboynl:
what kind of rubber did you use? Can you send picture of what the rubber look like? Also how many inches did you gain?
so you know picture is necessary to get a clear understanding of the situation but you ignored those asking of pictures and details to help you out... Now you are looking for pictures too
Otele

3 Likes

Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by soloehis(m): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2023
grin
checkmatez:
so you know picture is necessary to get a clear understanding of the situation but you ignored those asking of pictures and details to help you out... Now you are looking for pictures too
Otele

2 Likes

Re: What Best Way I Can Lift My Car Up Without Tempering With Shocks Or Tyre? by fineboynl(m): 4:35am On Sep 17, 2023
Found something like this online.

(1) (Reply)

Vomit For Sale / Advice On Choice Of Car / Zonda Releases Its Final Supercar ; Zonda Revolución(photos + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.