Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry (668 Views)

Angola Visa Inquiry And Processing / France Student Visa Inquiry / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by nonen(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident currently vacationing in Nigeria.

I have a return flight to Canada next week. My Interirary is from MMA Lagos to Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) in France to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) in Germany and finally to YYZ in Canada

Please do I need a transit visa for this trip as a Canadian Permanent Resident?
If yes, anyway I could get the transit visa in a few days before my return next week?
Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by drpat1: 2:45am On Sep 17, 2023
nonen:
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident currently vacationing in Nigeria.

I have a return flight to Canada next week. My Interirary is from MMA Lagos to Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) in France to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) in Germany and finally to YYZ in Canada

Please do I need a transit visa for this trip as a Canadian Permanent Resident?
If yes, anyway I could get the transit visa in a few days before my return next week?

How long is the layover?

Schiphol airport is in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by pansophist(m): 5:21am On Sep 17, 2023
No, you don't.

In accordance with article 3(5) of the Schengen Visa Code, Nigerians are exempt from airport transit visas if they hold a visa or residence permit issued by Canada, the US, and the UK.

Safe trip bro. Don't forget to buy stroopwafels at Schipol airport.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by mokikeoj: 5:41am On Sep 17, 2023
I know that typically you would not need a visa if transiting through one schengen country but if it's 2 countries, you will need one. I don't know if that also holds for PR card holders. Since you are transiting through 2 Schengen countries, to be safe, I will advise that you quickly call your airline to ask them.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by nonen(m): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
Thanks guys for all your helpful responses. This misadventure ended up costing me over $5,000 to get new tickets for 4 persons after spending 3 additional days back and forth the airport
Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by seunpinky(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2023
nonen:
Thanks guys for all your helpful responses. This misadventure ended up costing me over $5,000 to get new tickets for 4 persons after spending 3 additional days back and forth the airport
So sorry to learn about the additional $5k expense, if u don’t mind, can u share what the visa policy is based on your visits to the airport.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by Mabeliz: 4:47pm On Mar 21
Pls does anyone have an idea about Malta 🇲🇹 tourist visa, and has anyone gotten currently from Nigeria ?
Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by agabusta: 3:03pm
pansophist:
No, you don't.

In accordance with article 3(5) of the Schengen Visa Code, Nigerians are exempt from airport transit visas if they hold a visa or residence permit issued by Canada, the US, and the UK.

Safe trip bro. Don't forget to buy stroopwafels at Schipol airport.

Pls is the holder of Schengen single entry visa also exempt from transit visa? Or will the visa be used for the transit and that's it?

The person has a Schengen single entry visa for a future trip. But wants to transit the Schengen zone to another country before this planned Schengen future trip.

There is this confusion if its appropriate to apply for a transit visa when there's an active Schengen visit visa on the passport, but unfortunately a single entry one.

Also, the other confusion is if the visa will become invalid after being used for transit nullifying the purpose for the visa for an intended future trip.
Re: Urgent Schengen Visa Inquiry by agabusta: 3:32pm
nonen:

So sorry to hear this. Kindly advise other people on the current policy

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Flight Ticket / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match. / Canada - Russia - South Africa - Turkey Visa Details

Viewing this topic: Juoflife1(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.