Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Smokes Of Crime In The Highway Of Hitmen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Smokes Of Crime In The Highway Of Hitmen (203 Views)

Smokes Of Crime: In The Highway Of Hitmen / SMOKES OF CRIME IN THE HIGHWAY OF HITMEN (18+) Thriller / BUBBLES OF CRIME (On The Tracks of Hitmen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smokes Of Crime In The Highway Of Hitmen by Tidal7(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
[

Smokes of Crime is an action-packed movie inside a book. Fasten your seat belt for a bumpy flight around the world!

!
!
!

Book Description

The FBI investigation into the mysterious disappearance of Prisca Bender, a business executive, twists into the evil loop that connects Rod Jimmy to Adaz Obot in Washington DC.

Mary Greenwood, the FBI special agent in charge of the investigation cuts into the evil loop to pin down the "Main Shark" and unravel the mystery, only to meet her dead end when she is just inches away from getting answers.

The case gets the attention of the US President and Reynold Westley, the CIA finest, teams up with the multi-talented FBI agent, Michael Bending, to continue from where Mary Greenwood has stopped.
They find out that what they are faced with, is beyond the combined capacity of the FBI and the CIA.

The investigation takes them through a complex circle that opens to a historic shocker.
They must find a way to break through the evil loop to untangle the links of sheer criminalism and terrorism, for US and allied forces to wade in and follow through to the end.

Prisca Bender stepped out of the elevator to the 31st floor of the Heathrow Bing Tower in Washington DC, in a red flowing gown, radiating class and elegance, as she walked to room 23, where Bob Newman had been expecting her. She rang the bell and the door was thrown open.

"You're late", Bob Newman said as he looked away from the plasma screen.

"I almost didn't make it, I was in the middle of a meeting when you called me, why am I here?"

"So fast?"

"I have a plane to catch, straight to the point please!"

"It's been weeks since the take off date of the signed contract between Strobotics and Fairbrain rolled by".

"Yeah, I know".

"What's stalling?"

"The management is pruning some branches for smooth roll out in Strobotics".

"I see!" Bob Newman said and dialed the bar, "Please bring a bottle of Ruchidra wine to room 23 on the 31st floor".

"I'm in a hurry Bob, let it be some other time".

"My guest can't bring me shame, I insist that you drink, even if it's just a sip".

"You are funny".

"Fairbrain has already packed the first batch of the neural chips, and we're expecting you to honor your end of the deal".

"You would hear from me".

The bar man announced himself outside and Bob Newman pulled the door open to usher him in. A man in his late thirties, wearing a white hand gloves and a black jacket on a white shirt came in with a tray balanced on his left palm, raised to his shoulder level. The tray contained two empty fancy wine glasses and a bottle of wine. He placed the tray on the table and adjusted his black french tie

. Bob Newman gestured to him to remove the cover and the wine cork. He professionally discharged the wine cork and poured the wine into the two glasses, each half filled. Bob Newman picked one of the glasses and emptied the content in one gulp. Prisca Bender wanted to decline to drink, but at the same time she did not want to make it obvious that the contract was not going to fly. She picked the glass of wine for a taste.

"It's a good wine!" Bob Newman urged her on to drink all. "The best breed of wine from Israel!!"

Prisca Bender raised the wine glass again to take a sip and felt a tingling in her body, followed by a seizure. She dropped the wine glass as she felt dizzy with a spinning sensation.

"It's working so fast!" Bob Newman said as he turned to face her.

He left the room and signaled to the bar man outside to finish the job. The bar man oame in and saw Prisca Bender writhing in pains. She had fallen to the floor almost unconscious. She tried to talk but no sound would come out from her mouth. He got very close and traced every curve on her body with his eyes. He felt pity for her and wondered what would make anyone to want to take the life of an angel. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. If he had known Bob Newman was hiring him to take the life of an angel, he would have found a way to tell her to run for her life.

He crouched near her and touched her soft skin, and Prisca Bender managed to look at him. Her skin was smooth like a glass surface. Lust seized his eyes all of a sudden and he felt a burning sensation around his groin. The gentleman in the bar man vanished at once, giving way to the beast in the ruthless Oscar Averes to appear. He pulled down the zip on his trousers in a frenzy and overturned Prisca Bender on her stomach with a brute force. He yanked up her gown and flung her legs asunder. He tore her underwear to shreds and began to rape her.

He finished with her and plucked away the diamond chain on her neck and opened a black body bag.There was still some life in her. He lifted her on a chair and used a short rope to go round her neck. He pulled the ends of the rope with a sudden force. He lifted the dead body and shoved it into the open body bag and zipped it up. He punched some buttons on his mobile phone and made a call as he walked to a wall. He pulled a cover from the wall and a fresh wind from the outside rushed in. He took a hard long rope from the floor and tied the body bag with one end of the rope that had been formed into a noose. The door burst open and the bodyguards of Bob Newman moved in.

The two men raised the corpse and passed it through the opened hole on the wall to the outside. They began lowering the dead body of Prisca Bender to the ground down the side of Heathrow Bing Tower with poor lighting. As soon as the bag hit the ground, one of the bodyguards left to take the elevator down. Oscar Averes filled the hole and replaced the wall cover neatly. He brought a paint to spray the marks on the wall. The hole on the wall disappeared with Prisca Bender!

No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, or without the legal consent or prior written permission of the publisher, except for academic purposes in accordance to copyright law.

Copyright © 2023 by Dublyn G. Horris. All rights Reserved.

Follow the author https://twitter.com/DublynHorris

One

Rod Jimmy, the Chief of Programming in Netfluz, looked ruffled, seething in anger as he marched across the first floor to where all the programmers surrounded Adaz Obot.. He had heard explosive noise that sent spiral shock wave through the building. He cut through the gathering to see the Principal Engineer, Reek Powel, receiving instructions from Adaz Obot on how to revive other plants.

"What's happening here?" Rod Jimmy asked.

"The giant dead plant at the ground floor just came alive", Reek Powell replied him.

"Who authorized this session?"

"The Director of Programming is aware of this".

"How could this happen without my knowledge?"

"Look Rod! I expect you to ask how the systems came on".

"At the expense of order?"

"What's order when things aren't working the way they should?"

Shocked by the response, Rod Jimmy turned around and quietly walked away. He had been the ''god'' of programming in Netfluz. He could feel his influence in the scheme of things dwindling fast. He was officially responsible for all recruitment into the programming floor, but the company's hierarchy had maneuvered Adaz Obot into Netfluz. That move alone had caused him anguish. He felt he would be sidelined and kicked out if things continued this way. He must do something to restore his authority and relevance. He remembered Oscar Averes, who had a strong link to Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir.

Oscar Averes was born to his Mexican father by a Saudi Arabian mother. He was taken to Saudi Arabia after the marriage of his parents had crashed. Rod Jimmy had helped him to smuggle drugs into the United States through the Mexican-US border and had also helped him to smuggle materials for the production of weapons of mass destructions (WMDs), out of the US, to Iraq, where Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir had established the operational base of Al Jama'ah. Oscar Averes grew up in Saudi Arabia, where he was islamized and radicalized into a terrorist organization and his name was changed to Mutalab Azeez. Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir had sent him to Mexico, not to actually advance his drug business, but to make an incursion into the United States, to unleash his revenge.

Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir had narrowly escaped the Syria and ISIS war, where he had lost most of his jihadists. ISIS had fallen back on Al Ja'amah to supply jihadists to advance its course both in Yemen and Syria. His heart was wrenched away when the news got to him that his wife, three of his children, his brother and his bosom friend, Jaheed Sahid, had died in the American airstrikes in Yemen. He had vowed to shake the foundation of the world, the way the first nuclear bomb had destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the Second World War, to settle scores. He desperately needed an American citizen that would spy on the White House.

Oscar Averes was in a gym in Mexico when his mobile phone went off. He moved to a quiet corner and pulled out his phone thinking it was Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir that usually called at the hour for updates, he was wrong, it was Rod Jimmy of Netfluz.

"Hello Jimmy! What's good?"

"I need your help".

"In Mexico?"

"Here in DC".

" I make plans before crawling out, you know".

"You won't spend time on it".

"How do you need it?"

"I want a boy out of my way in Netfluz.

"You haven't said anything".

"I want a hit and I want it now!"

"I just carried out an operation on a business executive, for a drug lord, in Heathrow Bing Tower a few miles away from Netfluz".

"What's your point?"

"I don't strike close".

"Is there no way you can make this happen?"

"Of course", Oscar Averes said as the need of Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir and Al Ja'amah flashed in his mind.

"When should I expect you then?"

"Rod, I'm going to hire for you the world best sniper. He can sniff out life from a moving train miles away.
His name is Rito Birdman".

"The cost?"

"It wouldn't cost you a thing, but a condition is attached".

"Spell it out! I need the shit out".

"You will have to become a spy for Al Ja'amah".

"What and where is Al Ja'amah?"

"It's an organization based in Iraq".

"But I'm not quitting Netfluz".

"You don't have to, it doesn't need you to. You can call it freelance spy operation and you get paid really good".

"I'm going to consider it and get back".

"It's your best bet Jimmy", Oscar Averes said and the link went down.

Rod Jimmy hadn't slept well for days. He was increasingly losing relevance in Netfluz since the miracle of the first floor. The programmers that used to hold him to a high esteem, no longer showed him regard. The company's executives now considered him a nuisance because of his coldness toward Adaz Obot. He desperately wanted to be the "god" of Netfluz again. He had practically created the soul of Netfluz from its foundation with his hands. He was not about to allow his territory to be encroached. He needed to retain his status badly and explore the loopholes he had created to siphon funds. He picked up his phone and decided to contact Osca Averes again.

"Hello", Averes answered.

"I'm in Oscar".

"Good boy!"

"When is it going to happen?"

"Not so fast, I need you to take an oath that you will become a spy for Al Ja'amah after delivery".

"You have my words".

"I don't need your words, Al Ja'amah would need you to swear on record, to release the sniper for the operation".

"Alright let's go".

"Ready"

"I swear this day that I will serve Al Ja'amah as a spy when the sniper has finished my job, and I seal this deal with my life".

"Not bad".

"So what's next?"

"First of, what's the name of the target?"

"Adaz Obot"

I would need you to send his pictures and dwelling address".

"I can supply the information right away".

"Hold it, you would also describe his lifestyle, you can send them to the mail address you will get now!"

"Sure!"

"You can toast to it", Oscar Averes said and disconnected the line.

Rod Jimmy lived in Netfluz guest quarter and had come to know that Adaz Obot would usually leave his house in the middle of the night; when the city had gone to sleep, to study at the balcony of his house. He gleaned other information about the young man and sent them his friend in Mexico. Oscar Averes studied the information and decided where the target could be hit from. He chose a hotel tower, the room number and the floor to carry out the operation.

In a clear blue sky, the executive killer, Rito Birdman flew his private jet into Washington DC, and checked into the hotel room with a wall opposite Adaz Obot's balcony. As the time for the hit was drawing close, he took the elevator down from the 21st floor and hopped into a Bugatti Veron and cruised away into the city. He drove round Netfluz guest quarter as he studied the pictures sent to him. He expertly pulled up in between some vehicles in a car park and stepped out to get his tools. He brought out a long black bag that contained his MAD-666L riffle and zipped it open. The night was closing in very fast. He removed his sunglasses to wear a black face cap and then folded the long bag half way, after decoupling the riffle. Darkness had fully covered the city as he stepped down from the jet with the bag hanging on his hand. He slipped into the driver's seat of the Bugatti Veron and disappeared into the night.

He drew up at the five star hotel parking lot and brought out his bag. He was a rounded professional. As he searched for hit points for his target, he also planned his escape route and mode. He had carefully planned for this hit, knowing that the FBI was hot on his heels over his crimes in the US, particularly for his most recent hit, when he took out Ted Flemming, the founder of Fairbrain in Alaska. Had Dr. Omar Bin Lahmir not thrown his weight behind this gig, he wouldn't have accepted to strike out Adaz Obot. He was now inside the elevator about to push the button to the 21st floor, when a smartly dressed woman in her early forties stopped the elevator from closing and hurried inside.

"What floor are you going to Sir?" The lady asked smiling abundantly.

"You can go to your floor first ma'am".

The killer sounded like a complete gentleman.The lady punched 31 on the buttons and they flew up. As the elevator door opened, she pressed a button on her suit as she walked out of the lift. The elevator door closed and Rito Birdman went to the 21st floor. As soon as he had pinned down the door to his hotel room, he looked at his wristwatch; the time for the hit was a long four hours away. He put down his bag and zipped it open. He brought out his drilling tool and went to work. He drilled three holes in a triangular shape on the wall facing Adaz Obot's balcony. He peered through each hole with one eye closed, to view the bungalow's balcony with the aid of binoculars. Adaz Obot had already heaped some books on his reading desk. He licked his teeth with his tongue. He began to couple his riffle.

He lifted the MAD-666L rifle and tried to pass the muzzle through each of the three holes to determine the best snipping position. He chose the hole on the left base of the triangle and dropped the rifle. He picked the drilling tool to drill another hole for the rifle lens. He looked at the time again, it was fifteen minutes away, time like a tide, and he let out a wicked grin. He decided to view again, Adaz Obot had come out and was now studying. He made a sign of cross on his chest and picked up the rifle. As he lifted the machine, he heard a knock on his door, followed by a female voice, this must be a mistake, he did not order for anything. He didn't answer the female voice. He dropped the riffle in the bag and tiptoed to the door. He looked through the key hole and saw a young lady flanked by two uniformed men with FBI bagdes.

Mary Greenwood had come to the hotel to lodge just like Rito Birdman but for a different reason. She had come to the hotel to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a female business executive in the hotel. She was about to get the key to room 23 on the 31st floor, when she had looked outside and seen through the transparent window of the reception office, how Rito Birdman had used his left hand to steer his Bugatti Vernon to an abrupt stop, sending dust particles into the air, before switching off the headlights. She had immediately marked him worthy of note. She had followed him with her eyes into the elevator and joined him in the lift. When she was leaving the elevator at the 31st floor she had captured the face of the hitman with a hidden camera at the back of of her suit collar. She had quickly powered up the computer on the center of her table and sent his photo to be run through the FBI suspect data in the Central Intelligence Unit. She had been one of the most brilliant minds in the FBI. She was a special detective that had unlocked quite a number of mysterious cases in the United States, using her sharp intuition. She had been promoted to the Assistant Special agent in-charge, and she revered working in the field.

The FBI search had matched the face of the most wanted man in the world and she had placed a call through to the Supervisory Special Agent that she needed two back up field agents at the first floor of the Heathrow Bing Tower. She had gone to the bathroom for a quick shower while waiting. She had slipped into a well fitting combat outfit and secured her short gun on her waist belt. The two FBI agents had come into the first floor of the hotel just as the elevator exposed her. She had waved them to come around as she hurried towards the reception office where she had extracted the floor and room number of the hitman.

She signaled to agent Bradley Stevens to break in as the sniper was taking his time to open the door. Bradley took five steps backwards and dashed forward to march the door open. It didn't open in the first attempt. He took five steps backwards again, and the hitman said, "I'm coming!" It sounded like he was far away. She gestured to agent Bradley to hold on for a minute but he ignored her signal. He moved backwards and marched the door open in the second attempt.

Agent Morgan Howard swiftly wielded his AK-47 two sixty degrees as he entered the room cautiously. Agent Bradley Stevens couldn't see the sign of the hitman in the room. He moved quickly but carefully to check the bathroom with his short gun. No sign of the sniper around. He had escaped! Mary Greenwood couldn't believe her eyes. She was lost into her mind as to how the hitman had disappeared. Questions unanswered rushed through her as she moved from the bathroom to the bedroom. She swore to find out how people vanish from the hotel. Agent Bradley returned to the bedroom and saw her looking closely at a picture in her hand. The picture was that of a young black man probably in his late twenties. A red cross was drawn across the picture.

"It's him!" Agent Bradley said the moment he saw the picture.

"How did you know it's him?"

"That cross drawn across the picture of the young man".

"For real?"

"That's Rito Birdman's signature".

"What happened to him here?"

"They say he can vanish".

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"How else can you explain what has just happened?"

"I must see the end of this".

*** Hello readers, if you're interested reading this book, you can reach me via

tidingsodjugo@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

[ Hurray !!! ] Download Premium Ebook for FREE by My9jablackmart ( ✓ see list ) / Abeokuta Book Club, Ihraf To Organize Abeokuta Writers Workshop / Greatest Successful Videos || How To Plan A Successful Idea | Most Powerful Teac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.