Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT (1010 Views)

Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture) / EndSARS: Obasanjo Reacts To Violence Against Protesters, Appeals For Calm / Rasak Okoya 80th Birthday: Tinubu, Obasanjo, Sanwo-Olu, Osoba, Hamzat Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2023
I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To Rumoured Meeting Between Him, President In Abeokuta

September 16, 2023

A video had gone viral on the internet where it was alleged that Obasanjo and Tinubu met at Oba Gbadebo's birthday and that the former President promised to work under Tinubu if given the opportunity.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied claims that he met President Bola Tinubu in Abeokuta on Thursday at the 80th birthday of the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo and promised to work for Tinubu if he is offered a job.

A video had gone viral on the internet where it was alleged that Obasanjo and Tinubu met at Oba Gbadebo’s birthday and that the former President promised to work under Tinubu if given the opportunity.

But reacting to the viral video, Obasanjo on Saturday in a statement issued by his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, described the video as fake, disjointed and sickening.

He condemned the video, saying the banter conversation took place between him and Tinubu when he played host to the President in 2022 at the buildup of the 2023 general elections.

According to the statement, Obasanjo said, “One, I have not seen Bola Tinubu since he visited me in my house in Abeokuta, when he was campaigning. Secondly, I was at the church and not the reception for Alake’s 80th birthday reception.”

The statement further noted that “During Tinubu’s visit to his house last year, he met the former President playing his favorite traditional game (ayo) and he started the banter, jokingly telling the former President that he was shocked to see him playing the Ayo game at that time of the day.

“Spontaneously, as he was getting up from his chair to welcome him and other accompanying visitors, Obasanjo responded: “When I don’t have job. If you are ready to give me job, I am ready to do it.”

Akinyemi said that the statement was contrary to the meaning the viral video was putting out, quoting Obasanjo as saying, “I am not looking for work and I am not working with anyone as the fake news puts out. Those who are looking for people to work with Bola Tinubu should look outside Obasanjo.”

Source
Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by KingKO22: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
He should go and look for job under Obituary

🤣😂😂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by yarimo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
Handwork of illiterate Obidients, always good at fake news and defamations. Mteeeew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by Acekidc4(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
When will this Obidient and Ipob Miscreants rest with this their yeye fake News 🤨🤔 Abeg make Una Rest Na 🙄🤨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by LeoDeKing: 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ipob miscreants dey try sha.

Same life dey lived throughout Buhari's 8 years is what they are continuing under Tinubu.

Idiots will just sit down and all that pass through their punctured brains is how to generate and spread fake news. I don't really understand how that jaundiced livelihood will make their worthless lives and make their illiterate god victorious.

Funny how same animals will jump on anyone not supporting their foolishness and start calling him poor, earning 30k bmc and all those their foolish description.

Jobless illiterates gallivanting cyberspace without bearing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by AsomStructures: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Still dugged even at old age. Obj Issa legendgrin
Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by Bmaster(m): 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
all the monikers above,that commented above me are all stupid!
Like they are very stupid in it's entirety!!!

Ipob this,ipob that.
Ipob kill you all there!

Anyone that is against what you guys stand for is now an ipob ?
Like,you guys believe Nigeria in it's entirety is all about the three major ethnic groups only ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by Digriz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obasanjo can never stoop so low to accept a job from Tinubu, who's Tinubu where OBJ dey?
Make Una park well.
Light and darkness has nothing in common.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by ibechris(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2023
yarimo:
Handwork of illiterate Obidients, always good at fake news and defamations. Mteeeew

Your reply shows that u are a terrible illiterate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by OneCandleAway(f): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
SWAGA with the usual lies.

We go chop lies tire.

Dollar rate will soon reach 1000 naira in a few days time

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by RenaissanceGuy: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
gringrin Work?? As in special adviser or ministerial position??
Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by Pakute: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
Baba can only work under Magareth, as baba carry Obi matter for head, e dey use one eye dey corner Margareth during the campaign. Na to enter Aso rock dey spread Margareth's leg anytime sister Obi dey do cabinent meeting. Make Obi just enter church go do thanksgiving say hin no win the election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57am On Sep 17, 2023
yarimo:

Which one is fake news? undecided
Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by lebienconnu: 5:10am On Sep 17, 2023
The cyber terrorists have opened your chapter. Everything about them is fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT by TongueTwista(m): 5:16am On Sep 17, 2023
The Nigerian media space is really becoming a sad one.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

CSU: Why Is Reno Acting Confused / Arewa Youths Threaten Protest Over CBN, FAAN Relocation To Lagos / President Tinubu's Daughter, The Gay Right Activist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.