Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? (185 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 / DJ Switch: Clips From Lekki Toll Gate Yesterday Gave Me PTSD / Buhari Had PTSD After Civil War - Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? by BrodaBenad: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2023
I have counted like 20+ post talking about the 1966 conflict and about 50+ mention of it in the main stream media pre-election + post election and majority of them are coming from one region
of the country I assume by now we know the people I'm talking about
Every country at every given time had Thier civil wars even the American civil war was majorly about slavery. Today you don't see anyone libeling the side that supported slavery during election or going to peel off an old wound even Germans and Japanese people are not being and one ethnic group is notorious at it and it's going to go down in history as a big shame to them if they don't make amends.
Nigeria as a case study to illustrate why it's not productive to label one side as the "bad ones" when examining the negative past of a civil war
In the context of Nigeria, the Biafran War (1967-1970) serves as a poignant example. This conflict was marked by deep-seated ethnic and political tensions, which ultimately led to the secession of the southeastern region as the Republic of Biafra. The war resulted in significant loss of life and suffering on both sides.
Labeling one side as the "bad ones" in this situation oversimplifies a highly complex historical event. Several factors, including ethnic divisions, economic disparities, and political grievances, contributed to the conflict. Vilifying one side fails to consider the experiences, perspectives, and grievances of individuals on all sides of the war.
Moreover, such labeling hinders national healing and unity. Nigeria, as a diverse and multi-ethnic nation, has made significant efforts to promote reconciliation and national cohesion since the Biafran War. Focusing on blame rather than understanding and empathy can impede these efforts.
Instead, examining the Nigerian civil war should involve a nuanced approach. It means acknowledging the suffering and injustices faced by people from various ethnic backgrounds, learning from the mistakes made during that period, and working towards a more inclusive, united, and peaceful Nigeria.
In summary, the Nigerian civil war is a poignant example of why it's counterproductive to designate one side as the "bad ones." Understanding the complexities of the conflict, promoting reconciliation, and learning from history are essential steps toward a more harmonious and prosperous future for Nigeria
Re: 1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? by Sonyboom: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Anytime things not favouring your tribe come up you are always quick to respond with rubbish but ignore when fools from your tribe insult n malign other tribe.

BrodaBenad:

2 Likes

Re: 1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? by BrodaBenad: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Sonyboom:
Anytime things not favouring your tribe come up you are always quick to respond with rubbish but ignore when fools from your like insult n malign other tribe.

I hope your whole tribe is living in luxury tho smiley
Re: 1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? by Sonyboom: 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
Sad your own tribe can't break free from the cycle of squalor it plunged itself

BrodaBenad:

I hope your whole tribe is living in luxury tho smiley

1 Like

Re: 1966 PTSD Or Just Libeling? by BrodaBenad: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2023
Sonyboom:
Sad your own tribe can't break free from the cycle of squalor it plunged itself

You people seriously needs to grow up grin
HDI ranking we dey beat Una

How does being in power equate to how good a tribe people are doing for themselves If not all northerners for dey ride Lamborghini now na

Abeg gettat make I see road you people are educated alamajiris

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Set To Unleash Regime Of Propaganda As State Policy, Atiku’s Aide Alerts / Presidency Can Burn Supreme Court And Every Possible Evidence / War In Anambra As Soludo's Aide Adichie, Hits Hard On Obiora Okonkwo, United Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.