Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? (985 Views)

Suv With 3m Naira Budget / What Car Can I Get With 2.5 Million Naira Budget? / Which Car Can I Buy With 1m naira Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2023
Hello esteemed Nairalanders!

Recently decided to buy my first car. Knowing little to nothing about cars, I have been getting different opinions on what car to buy. Some say Camry & Corolla for resell value.

Please I want to seek opinion of people with experience with cars. What is a good car to get now in Nigeria for a range of 3-5M?

PS: The car is for personal use and I do not go out a lot.

Thanks in advance!
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by kingreign(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
What's your preference in a car?
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
kingreign:
What's your preference in a car?

To be honest, haven't used cars enough to decide what works best for me. But I know I am an adrenaline junkie. Something with SPEED and balance.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Elxandre(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
hazinibones:

To be honest, haven't used cars enough to decide what works best for me. But I know I am an adrenaline junkie. Something with SPEED and balance.
Sedan or SUV?
Tokunbo or Naija used.
Can you drive well already?
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by nevplus(m): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
es350 or c300 09/010

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by EEA1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
Foreign used 2007 C280
The last of this model
Reliability is great
Maintenance is also cheap
Fuel consumption is similar to a Camry Muscle

Great handling & speed

₦3.8m

Call or WhatsApp 08061199333
For more pictures, VIN & inspection details

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
Elxandre:

Sedan or SUV?
Tokunbo or Naija used.
Can you drive well already?

Definitely a sedan. Don't like SUVs. At least for now. Any good one I can drive around now works. Naija or Tokunbo. Long as no issues.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2023
EEA1:
Foreign used 2007 C280
The last of this model
Reliability is great
Maintenance is also cheap
Fuel consumption is similar to a Camry Muscle

Great handling & speed

₦3.8m

Call or WhatsApp 08061199333
For more pictures, VIN & inspection details

Thanks though. But heard Mercedes doesn't have resell value and high maintenance.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Elxandre(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
hazinibones:

Definitely a sedan. Don't like SUVs. At least for now. Any good one I can drive around now works. Naija or Tokunbo. Long as no issues.
Can you drive well?
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by elvhinzey(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2023
hazinibones:

Recently decided to buy my first car. Knowing little to nothing about cars, I have been getting different opinions on what car to buy. Some say Camry & Corolla for resell value.

Please I want to seek opinion of people with experience with cars. What is a good car to get now in Nigeria for a range of 3-5M?

Thanks in advance!

I'll give you these offers for your money:

1. Toyota Camry SE (Sport Edition), 2011, 4 plugs, Foreign Used- ₦4.55M

2. Volkswagen Passat CC (Comfortable Coupe), few months neatly used, 2016 - ₦4.8M + frameless windows.

3. BMW 323i or 525i, V4, 2012 - ₦4.6M

4. Honda Accord, AWD, vvtec, Evil Spirit, 2011, Foreign used- ₦4.1M

5. Toyota Camry, SE, 2013, V6, Nigeria Used (clean though)- ₦4.9M

6. Volkswagen Passat CC (Comfortable Coupe), Nigerian used and foreign Used available, 2011, V4, ₦3.8M + frameless window.

7. Lexus IS250, AWD, upgraded from 2008 - 2015, foreign Used and Nigerian used (available) V6, ₦4.9M

8. Toyota Avalon, TOURING LIMITED, 2008, foreign Used, V6, ₦4M

Why I wrote all these cars:

1. Resell value.
2. For the roadster (adrenaline type)
3. Fuel consumption is minimal
4. Maintenance will only be costly based on your carefulness.
5. Elegant in structure
6. Interiors (upholsteries) are top notch with well interwoven leather seats.
7. Boom Speakers like JBL.
8. Crank shafts and chassis are standard.

Are you a lover of panoramic roof? Double-exhausts? Wide spread dashboards encapsulated with formica? You love the Tesla screen too?

NB: The car can be delivered anywhere in the country.

Some came with double keys.

Outside Nigeria? T & C applies.

DM me if you find this info noteworthy...

3 Likes

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Mozino007(m): 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
.3.3m sonata solara

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by being(m): 2:07am On Sep 18, 2023
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by being(m): 2:09am On Sep 18, 2023
hazinibones:

Thanks in advance!
Good u chose to stay back in Nigeria. Yes toyota or honda products because of reliability which means lower maintenance frequency. Also they have cheaper parts than bẹnz, bmw and d likes.. They àre also stronger than kia/,hyundai/nissan. So since u like some bit of speed, camry does it for u over corolla. U can get a 2012/14 Nigerian used camry for 4.5-5.7..but make sure it's well checked by a trusted mechanic. U could as well just get tokunbo for extra 1.5m

3 Likes

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
being:

Good u chose to stay back in Nigeria. Yes toyota or honda products because of reliability which means lower maintenance frequency. Also they have cheaper parts than bẹnz, bmw and d likes.. They àre also stranger than kia/,hyundai/nissan. So since u like some bit of speed, camry does it for u over corolla. U can get a 2012/14 Nigerian used camry for 4.5-5.7..but make sure it's well checked by a trusted mechanic. U could as well just get tokunbo for extra 1.5m

Thanks buddy! You read my other post. Yeah, decided to stay back in Nigeria. After carefully reading through the very LONG comments from different people. I made a decision that the Cons outweigh the Pros for me. Maybe for someone else it might be different.

I agree with you. A Camry might be the option for me. My initial budget was 4M, but seems I have to invest additional fund to get something I'll enjoy.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Elxandre:

Can you drive well?

Yes I can drive well. Shared a car with my cousin for over 3 years.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Kizyte(m): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
hazinibones:

Thanks in advance!
Get the 2012 - 2014 Hyundai Elantra, best car with good fuel economy, even more than Corolla.

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Elxandre(m): 1:04am On Sep 20, 2023
hazinibones:

Yes I can drive well. Shared a car with my cousin for over 3 years.
Great. Cos if you can't drive well and you buy car with expensive body parts, panel beater might attend your wedding as best man. grin
I advise you go with Toyota or Honda as your first car to save you possible headaches though.
They're the easiest to fix when you're a learner and mechanics try taking advantage of you.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2023
Elxandre:

Great. Cos if you can't drive well and you buy car with expensive body parts, panel beater might attend your wedding as best man. grin
I advise you go with Toyota or Honda as your first car to save you possible headaches though.
They're the easiest to fix when you're a learner and mechanics try taking advantage of you.

Thanks. Appreciate.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by hazinibones: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2023
Kizyte:
Get the 2012 - 2014 Hyundai Elantra, best car with good fuel economy, even more than Corolla.

Thanks. But don't think Hyundai has resell value. undecided
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Kizyte(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2023
hazinibones:

Thanks. But don't think Hyundai has resell value. undecided
Right now, Hyundai has more resell value than Toyota. Send me a DM so I can explain better, don't make a mistake.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by being(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2023
Kizyte:
Right now, Hyundai has more resell value than Toyota. Send me a DM so I can explain better, don't make a mistake.
This is not true.. post your response here..
When people talk about high resale value, there is a reason for it which is that toyota and honda are still reliable even after a lot of years hence d trust people have In them even after being used in Nigeria.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Kizyte(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
being:

This is not true.. post your response here..
When people talk about high resale value, there is a reason for it which is that toyota and honda are still reliable even after a lot of years hence d trust people have In them even after being used in Nigeria.
This is in the past bro, try to be up-to-date. The hike in price of fuel made Nigerians to discover the fuel efficiency of Hyundai Elantra. Check Edmunds for unbiased review. As I talk to you, I own a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (All models and trims are extremely fuel economical).

Go to any car dealer and ask of Hyundai Elantra and listen to what they will tell you. The demand is higher than Corolla right now.
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by phemsie(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kizyte:

so what stops you from giving your explanation here.

that means u want to scam the guy into believing whatever lies u want to tell him, cos u know people will counter you.

oga park well
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Kizyte(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
phemsie:

that means u want to scam the guy into believing whatever lies u want to tell him, cos u know people will counter you.

oga park well
You're very stupid, check my NL profile
Re: What Is A Good Car To Get For 3-5M Naira Budget? by Kizyte(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
phemsie:

oga park well
You should've asked politely, and I will tell you the reason I asked him to send me a DM.

(1) (Reply)

✅(SOLD)✅ Nissan Bus URVAN (high Roof) For Sale @ Gbagada price dropped 9.2m / Sold out 2007 3.2m Toyota Corolla Registered / 1owner 2005 Accord 34kmile Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.