Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? (10896 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / World's Biggest Babies Ever Born / Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by ndukwejoe(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
I don't know whether this thought is peculiar to me .why is the poor people fruitful in child bearing than their rich counterpart. Pls through more light on this. Thanks
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by maclatunji: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
The rich have a lot more to occupy them other than knacking their wives. The poor rely on knacking as their means of enjoyment apart from football and cheap alcohol (which will almost certainly kill them in the end). It is a simple equation: the more you play with madam the higher the chances of you having children.

Now- that was not so difficult to understand was it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by ndukwejoe(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
Cool
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Johndoe100(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
1. They see them as investments.
2. They 'know' people who will look after, train etc the children for them

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Owugal(f): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
actually the real answer is due to lack of birth control.

they cant afford the birth control if the know about it.

but mostly its because they dont even know of proper birth control. and they are human just like rich folks and want skin on skin action and not rubber on skin. so dont start saying condom.

also, many of them cant afford to play with other madams. you know the way rich folks do. so they have to play with only the madam they married.

the poor need education and access to affordable birth control. from the forecasts nigeria's population will be about 750,000,000 by the year 2050. and thats not such a long time. yet we cant even feed the 150 million we have.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Kx: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
Reason.

[size=14pt]The deceive them selves believing they must not make love to their wives with condom[/size]
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by femmy2010(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
The rich could hang out at cinemas,surf the internet,get too busy with the so many deadline to meet but the only recreation a poor man knows is sex.
Even the money to have the dreaded abortion is non existing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Basildon1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
Actually the poor especially in Nigeria just believe " The God that gave them the children will take care of them". Dangerous ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2011
S*X is their own form of leisure or stress killer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by adctrl: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
They are POOR and ignorant -> no money for condoms/other birth control means or they don't even know which exists!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by r231(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
2sleek2NV:

S*X is their own form of leisure or stress killer.

true grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
Duh. Because they tend to be less educated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
If am to comment or reply on this, i would start vexing, Cuz this issue has been a concern to me since i was a child, The poorer some people are dictates the number of kids they have, Some foo, ls would give birth to 9kids and send all of the to public skools, some would send them out to hawk on the street, I see this as sheer wickedness on some parents part. You know that you don't have the required resources to take care of the children and you would still take in, There was a fool that was asked why she took in after 8kids, that how was she gonna take care of the child, She replied by saying "Olorun lon toju omo" meaning that its God that takes care of a child, On the naming ceremony day she came to meet my mum 2days before the naming, that she should assist her financially, My mum was about giving her, before i stepped in and told her a abrupt nope!!! Very soon she would start putting bread on the child head. Is that the way the "Olorun toju omo"? If i can have my way, i wouldn't mind arresting parents that indulge in such. Infact giving birth to more than 4kids in today's world doesn't make any form of sense anymore, Every1 wanna make the little they have very comfortable, Rather than making your 5-6kids struggle all through.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by sentix(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
No DSTV
No Internet
No Silverbird Cinemas
No Mr Biggs
No Dinners

Sex is the cheapest form of entertainment for them

it practically COSTS NOTHING!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by passionate88: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
Islam teaches it's followers to born as much as they want saying Children are blessings from their god, the more u have the more your blessings, That's why the northern part of Nigeria is populated with almajiris,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by hackney(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2011
@poster.
The same reason they are poor; a lot of them are stu.p.id
otherwise why would someone have another child when he and the children are already starving?
thats why east africa pisses me off big time. (all charity roads lead to east africa)

One bangladeshi douche in manchester has 11 children by one woman and he's on the fuxcking dole! !
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
The largest percentage of the poor are uneducated and don't know what is called family planning!
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by superior1: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
You forget about your economic status when you are on-top of a woman. So the poor perpetually lives on top of their wives
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Wallie(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
Due to one or more of the following:

1. Hedging their bet that some of their kids will survive.
2. Lack of access to contraceptive/family planning.
3. Source of cheap labor.
4. Early start in having babies.
5. Lack of education.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
sentix:

No DSTV
No Internet
No Silverbird Cinemas
No Mr Biggs
No Dinners

Sex is the cheapest form of entertainment for them

it practically COSTS NOTHING!!!
But I thought they said poor men don't have EREC-TIONS ? Honestly,If i were God,that is what i will do:make the poor impotent !

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Orikinla(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
Poor people have nothing better to offer the world than increase our populations and multiply our liabilities.
They breed like animals without commonsense.

There should be a law to stop poor couples from having children until they can prove that they can provide for them without being a burden to the rest of the community and society.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
Contraceptives cost money undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by duduspace(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2011
Not much to add, it takes some energy to move your butt and it usually takes even more energy to make money if you don't win the lotto.
You can't have it all Kapish?  grin grin
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by mikron(m): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2011
They get more babies because ministering (intimacy) to their wives is all they do. Besides dem no get money to do family planning. Most traditional men believes it is an abomination to count ur children

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by dustydee: 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
Idleness! cos the man and wife are always almost at home together, they tend to jump on each other at the slightest provocation. Also they may not really be able to afford many of the birth control pills or devices.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by blackmann(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
passionate88:

Islam teaches it's followers to born as much as they want saying Children are blessings from their god, the more u have the more your blessings, That's why the northern part of Nigeria is populated with almajiris,

and where in your version of islam does it teach that?
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by lovejo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
To increase the probability of super child (Oluomo) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Op, Since they're Poor, God sees the necessity in providing them with Many Issues hoping One or Two of them will grow to re-write the Plight of the Family  cool cool
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by mulumele(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
Poverty,Ignorance,Idleness,Strong libido and High Sperm count are good friends.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by aieromon(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
$ex is the freest form of relaxation you can come across.

They also tend to have more babies the same way the rich accumulate wealth.

It has to be a win-win situation for them and everybody is happy at the end of the day.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by werepeLeri: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
What is your definition of Poor?

Who is a poor person in your own definition OP?
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
Sex bring uncommon Happiness to the poor.

The only closest time they have to discuss with their wife(ves) is during sex.

Sex is just the only thing that makes life goes around.

I may be wrong though

But the poor enjoy sex more than the rich.

and the result is Babiessssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bully Punished With Bad Clothing: Cruel Or Just? / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? / Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.