Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? (10916 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / World's Biggest Babies Ever Born / Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] i dey suprise una say poor countries dey born more pikin 4 dis world. Make i no supris una. See, poor people don dey born plenty people since antiquity becos dem tink sey if dem born plenty. If dem grow old the small small money wey their plenty children gather go plenty. And again because of inferiority complex, dem go yarn:- 'make we full children for dis world so that if we die our lineage go dey, people go rmber us.' No. 2 ignorance:- some of dem no know say con.dom dey exist sef. No 3:- sex na their recreation, no board meeting, London shopping, television, internet, to tink of. Nigeria will be sitting ducks if it does not check its population growth. Signing off lol.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

What is your definition of Poor?

Who is a poor person in your own definition OP?

That could spark up an endless Argument, pls take him the Way he Is!  cool cool
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by crackhouse(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
It's because of every moment sex, sex in the morning, sex in the afternoon and sex in the night. Every slight touch, they are on bed bouncing on each other and kicking the wall. Some give birth to many so that if Mr.A didn't become the breadwinner, Mr. B will become. Anyhow anyhow, one among the 13 children must become sth reasonable.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by goldng: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
They have rest of Mind wink
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by garsul: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
probaly the almighty is compensating them with children as against financial wealth, most rich and working class women are barren, out of series of abortion while going to the university. the rate of barren women is greater amongst the rich/working class than the poor,
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by boyt1: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
the same as saying, why do the poor NL complain too much about nigeria everyday.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by freepeople: 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
It has to do with joblessness. Joblessness results in idleness. Idleness frees up the mind to think about s3x. Having s3x increases the chances of conception. Conception leads to babies. . .more babies. . .& overcrowded family. For successful birth control programme in Nigeria to take root; we must reduce the % of unemployment to a manageable level.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
For some its a game of numbers. Meaning if you have 10 kids even without proper care maybe 6 would survive and 1 would become rich to take care of them.

2. They are too poor to get contraceptives.

3. Some see kids as a way out of poverty. More kids, means more hands on farm, more heads to hawk and in America more aids from govt

4. Sex as recreation like people said earlier

I personally think govt should proactively monitor or limit the number of kids ppl should have. Forcefully tie tubes of poor women and when their income increase, they release it back
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by engrj(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
Their Problem is Illiteracy
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by tlops(m): 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
The poor dont have "back-up" for NEPA, more darkness more children.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by lexicon(m): 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
intimacy = consolation = pikin
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by donem: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
the word POOOOOOORRRRRRR say's it all poor to me is a deadly disease which if not promptly cured could lead to de death of the victim, when u are poor u could loose ur focus etc.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by jamace(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
Because the poor have "real" love for their wives while the rich have "material" love.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by onyebaba(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
Coz of Idleness. Knw of a couple dat practically dnt do anytin, jst wake up n stare @ pple if der pass by  n der hv abt 6 kids, al in quick succession, wat bothers me most is dat any tym ugo empty d refuse bin u see d way d kids rush n scramble 4 anytin der can find. D worst is dos poor pple aint gat attitude of gratitude.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by onyebaba(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
Coz of Idleness. Knw of a couple dat practically dnt do anytin, jst wake up n stare @ pple if der pass by n der hv abt 6 kids, al in quick succession, wat bothers me most is dat any tym ugo empty d refuse bin u see d way d kids rush n scramble 4 anytin der can find. D worst is dos poor pple aint gat attitude of gratitude.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
I think its just a compensation from God. Since the rich have everything that makes them comfortable except for few of them who have both children and wealth. And so God probably blessed the poor to compensate for the money they don't have in abundance. the truth is that its not just the illiteracy that is responsible. Most of these people you call poor are educated but probably not opportuned to have good jobs. Its just a blessing from God. Everybody can't have everything. Also remember that Labour is also not easy for the rich, CS is usually very high among the rich while most poor can go thru normal delivery up to 7 times without hassles, its not so with the rich, so how do you explain that in the midst of no antenatal and post natal check up, these people can go through 5-7 birth without hassles. Its just the handiwork of God.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by yuzedo: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
Y'all are just mouthing off like d1cks about to c.u.m. . . Granted, it is an annoying situation, but if u take time off to critically reason this out in an objective and impassioned manner, u'll come to understand that if all that doesn't happen, there'll be no indigent kid to sell gala 4 u in traffic. . Or do all the odd jobs/services that ur un-poor/rich @sses won't do, So it serves to balance society kinda. . Abi next time u wan die for hot sun inside BRT, no buy lacasera because na poor man born d 12yr old wey dey hawk am!  undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by pkv(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
An ideal d.i.c.k is d Kitty-Cat's workshop.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by sexyfish(f): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
lets get this right,family planning stuff are not expensive and they are made readily avaliable. they just take pleasure in getting pregnant and having babies.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by egberipops(m): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2011
every body is poor in this world but before you nail me, read on. the people you tag poor, dont have money so you call them poor but they are rich with children so they are rich and the people you tag rich, have money but are poor with children so they are also poor. the two parties are both rich and poor in one area or the other. pray that you have a fair share pf the two so we can call you a middle class captain.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by publisher(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
[size=15pt]The poor keep having more babies because God wants to remind the so-called rich that he alone is the giver of children.
You guys should go visit any protestant church service,you'll see thousands of so-called rich people praying and fasting for 'fruit of womb'. Poor people have more problems and worries than the so-called rich. As a matter of fact,the poor ought to be least in having kids cos i do know for a fact that stress can contribute to infertility. The poor have lots of stress but God still gives them lots of babies.[/size]

[size=15pt]Food for thought!!![/size]
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by razznaija(f): 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
They are not aware of family planning and they probably don't have enough money to buy condoms
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by mutter(f): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
Some of the comments here are sick to say the least.
Well Hitler wanted a perfect race too that was why he felt justified in eradicating so many Jews. How can someone possibly suggest the government tying a womans tube etc. cry
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by SSaemoenl(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
Because they are stupid and dont have time to think about the way out of their poverty life instead putting those time thinking how to pregnant the wife. Sucks to be poor.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by nolongTing: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
ndukwejoe:

I don't know whether this thought is peculiar to me .why is the poor people fruitful in child bearing than their rich counterpart. Pls through more light on this. Thanks

Where do you get your facts from? Where is your data to back up your claim? Rich people do not have loads of children? You need to move up the social ladder and meet some rich people before you spread false facts.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by chika98: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
Simply put lack of education and birth control measures.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
razznaija:

They are not aware of family planning and they probably don't have enough money to buy condoms
lol.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Busybody2(f): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
For starters, the man is the head of the family and the woman who does the childbearing and actually raises the children has no choice than to submit.

aaarrghh gets my goats all the time when these 'donate to this forever starving and dying of malnutrition african kids' advert comes up, that all i can think of is 'shameless bleudy pathetic african men'

tacky subject of discussion though, each to their own tent . . .
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by BloodShed1: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
I never understood why poor people are the ones who reproduce the most.

But what's funny is how they COMPLAIN about how hard parenting is, after the fact. Yet they continue to have children.

SMH.

People who reproduce the most are generally poor and stupid anyways.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by delpee(f): 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ignorance due to poor education and lack of exposure.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by betadaz: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
Oh yee of little knowledge, Have you 4gotten that population is power? That's the strength of USA, the revamped China economy, the emerging Indian economy, Nigeria position ahead of other african or black nations, e.t.c. Have u wondered y USA introduced diversity visa lottery?

The 'poor' are more fertile cos they take healthier food, hence more sexually active n productive. The 'poor' are more faithful in their relationships, honour - respect - worship God more than the 'rich'; and in return are more fruitful.

I feel it is wrong to qualify the 'poor' as lazy, ignorant, stupid or idle; cos wealth is not absolutely tied to hardword.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? by Itzi: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
I agree with some of the post about it is a way of investment and also if they have more children there is more posibility that one or more of them will survive.
But you forgot about the gender roles. Well, i'm not nigerian, but i've been reading about this topyc in other countries such an India (Vandana Shiva, Maria Mies), Marocco, China, I know there are cultural differences, but maybe it's general to developing countries. In demography they call it "Demographical transition", passing for a kind of society to another.
For example, it changed in Spain after the baby boom of the decade of 1960 in the 70's women star figthing for their rights and joining the employment market, so that's why we women started using condoms or other anticonceptibs and also starting to have children later, or to have less children becausa we couldnt spend all the day looking for 5 or more children like before working for earning a salary.
So maybe, in a country like Nigeria, middle class families had start sending women to school and they've start joining the job market, while in poor and rural families they still have the role of taking care of the family and not working outside home, that's why they have more children.
A few international agencies have try to solve this problem just giving condoms, but it won´t work without changing the culture and the women role.
Another problem is that some chemist international companyes are using poor women from developing countries to make experiment on anticonceptive pills, or sterilize them without their permision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!! / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? / Can A Boy Marry A Girl Of The Same Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.