Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade (44122 Views)

Photos Of Dogo, The "Tallest Man In Kaduna" / Igbo Masquerade Preaches The Gospel Of Jesus Christ On The Street (Photo, Video) / Our Culture: See What We Saw In Our Street: Izaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by SpatialKing(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Proudly Igbo
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Tjra: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

I have a simple question...

Why do Igbo men love wearing skirts? grin

I learnt Ojukwu wore one when he jakpaed so did Nnamdi Kanu grin
Ojukwu was Nigeria's first cross-dresser so expect his followers to take a cue from him.
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by wanimo: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Typing:

Can you post a picture of that masquerade please
that masquerade comes out once ever 40 years. The last time it came out was in 1996, by then camera phones were not advent by then

1 Like

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by DADYLEED: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
How can it be the tallest when he uses stick to elevates itself? Make e no go shook head for high tension cable,na my own be that...
LocalFARMERS:
This is Izaga Mou the tallest Igbo Masquerade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQtz7cglAM
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Adewale1603(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
Can't be taller than an electric pole
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by XAUBulls: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
toprealman:
They should stay away from high tension cables to avoid being teleported to the other side
LMAO... grin That cracked me up.
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by gazza07(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Damn! It is spelt "mmuo"
LocalFARMERS:
Muo

2 Likes

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Ameduedwin: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
not only Igbo have, many tribe have it like Igala tribe have it too.
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by ericmor: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Alangere is the same as Agere, it's depends on your locality.

Alangere is the person, why the act is agere. Which means alanagere is the person that do act as agere

1 Like

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by kunleham(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

I actually meant to type "Agere" and that means the equivalent of what the Igbos call Izaga in Yoruba language. The difference is that Ageres are not regarded as masquerades in Yoruba land and they don't cover their face.

Igunun is a masquerade of the Nupe people. The Nupes of Niger,Kwara and parts of Kogi states.
Angere elese kan!!! Down memory lane! used to be afraid of those elements when i was young.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Tapout(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
I just dey look that phcn wire like this.
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Nwaajasa: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
ecolime:
These guys are skillful. I still wonder how they do it 🤔
is it spirits that you're calling guys, do you think that ordinary guys can do these things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by bizzibodi(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
Iz he taller than Lagbaja grin grin
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by VEHINTOLAR: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
ericmor:

Alangere is the person, why the act is agere. Which means alanagere is the person that do act as agere

Wow ! Hmmm,you're so right,I've never even tried to consider the difference between the two words !

Many thanks for educating me !

1 Like

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Typing: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
wanimo:
that masquerade comes out once ever 40 years. The last time it came out was in 1996, by then camera phones were not advent by then

Wow. That must be a powerful Masquerade
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Buffalo2(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Shaa mafi orun ko waya ina

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by MaverickA3: 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
grin grin
Buffalo2:
Shaa mafi orun ko waya ina
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by engrchykae(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
Reminding us of the time of giant ancestors
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Nokio2: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2023
I see Izaga dey near high tension
OK soon him go hear zaga zaga for bodie
Forget all this masquerade
U no kill any bushmeat dis week..
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2023
gazza07:
Damn! It is spelt "mmuo"

Ok
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2023
DADYLEED:
How can it be the tallest when he uses stick to elevates itself? Make e no go shook head for high tension cable,na my own be that...

It is still taller than all the Masquerades i have ever seen.
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by ericmor: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Wow ! Hmmm,you're so right,I've never even tried to consider the difference between the two words !

Many thanks for educating me !

Don't mention it

1 Like

Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by Damseldammie(f): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Egúngún àgéré ni à ñpèé ní’lè Yorùbá
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Damseldammie:
Egúngún àgéré ni à ñpèé ní’lè Yorùbá

Meaning?
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2023
Izaga is tall
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
Izaga
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 5:33am On Dec 11, 2023
Izaga..
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Izaga masquerade
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 3:12pm On Jan 02
Tall masqurade
Re: This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade by LocalFARMERS: 2:41pm On Jan 14
Izaga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Masquerades Pictured Riding By On A Motorcycle In Kogi State / Outrage As Nigerians Perform Traditional Rituals Publicly In South Africa.Photos / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.