Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers (17384 Views)

Emefiele Pumped ₦‎10Tn Into Economy Through Quasi-Fiscal Activities – Cardoso / Fuel Price Hike: Oil Marketers Rake In Over N21.8bn Daily / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Curious345: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2023
What will the price of pms be if we were refining at home ?
adioolayi:
Whether it's quasi or Nkrumah subsidy, I no wan know...our economy cannot accommodate further increase in pump price.

Anything the government is doing to keep the pms price at the increase Nigerians don stylishly accommodate right now should be done...further increase will be suicidal.

Atleast, Government don save tangible amount from the initial humongous subsidy...so, paying NGN100/litre as subsidy right now is better by far to what they would have been paying (over NGN500/litre) had it been subsidy is not removed.

If you call it partial subsidy..please, let's have it!

Don't burn this Country!

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Nasige(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2023
This crop of people are the problems we are having in this country, always seeking all possible means to make life unbearable for poor Nigerians.
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by adioolayi(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2023
Curious345:
What will the price of pms be if we were refining at home ?

Honestly, I don't know.

But I know the price refineries will be getting crude oil will be that of international price....as the price is regulated globally.

I only know the cost of importation and duties which will not apply to the ones refined locally will help reduce the price more. But I don't think it will be so significant. Maybe NGN100-200 less than what we are getting now
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2023
Na only Shinedu, Okafor, Adaeze and Emeka dey feel the heat jare!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by MacTayyy: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2023
May the sounds of our rejoicing this week be as loud as the ZEALOT BOOMBOX 😌.

Good bass , Long battery life , SD card slot , aux .

Payment on delivery Nationwide via GIG Logistics.

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by gammarays(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2023
We're already aware

We know what to expect in the Balablue regime. The only sad thing is that Agbado miscreants should be buying at a cheaper price.
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by GodHimself: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2023
This isn’t by chance.

The cost of living must rise to match those of neighboring countries before the borders can be opened for the African continental Free Trade Zone.

P.S

Petrol costs N1,200/liter in Ghana

ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/18/fg-still-practicing-quasi-subsidy-expect-fuel-price-hike-oil-marketers/
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by GodHimself: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2023
There’s also the curious case of Dangote’s non functional (for now) refinery, and the government’s “secret” investment in it.

Add 1 + 2… you might arrive at 10
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Fujiyama: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Oh Allah hear our humble cry in this country

^^^
grin
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by PinasColadas: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2023
[I have a Clue quote author=Angelfrost post=125865075]The excuses keep getting more stupid everyday...!

From leaders to corporations and marketers, down to citizens, no one seems to have a single clue.

Let's see how long this house built on propaganda will stand...![/quote]
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Memphis357(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2023
Where's Helinues when you need him to support this Renewed Hopelessness in situations like this.. 😏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Eikojonwa: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2023
Krohn1999:
Omo like this I dn lose hope for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Fujiyama: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2023
adioolayi:
But I know the price refineries will be getting crude oil will be that of international price....as the price is regulated globally.

^^^
This is where the questions should start.

Ordinary people would like to know why the price is 'regulated' globally'.

2 Likes

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Minjim: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2023
"Oil marketers explained that the cost of crude oil and the exchange rate of the dollar accounted for over 80 per cent of the cost of PMS."

Today they'll tell us refining overseas is to blame for the increasing price. Later they'll still tell us refining locally won't reduce the pump price.
What exactly are we missing here?
Is this an abracadabra economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by GreatrAnalyst: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2023
mariovito:
Simple question, why can't we refine crude oil in Nigeria?

Is it rocket science?

To think that Nigeria has one of the best grade of crude oil in world "Light and Sweet crude" even better than what Saudi Arabia has. Sweet and light crude yields good measure of petrol and diesel and other by products and also easy to refine.

The more you look the less you'll see is what Nigeria is.

That's the million dollars question...why aren't we refining ourself?
How does a country of this population, listed among 15 countries with highest deposit of crude oil or something, be exporting crude and importing the bye products instead?
It is nothing short of voodoo.

They will rather tell you that getting refinery done isn't a day job. If they actually wanted it done, since how many years now have the refineries downed tools or stopped operation?
The agenda is the agenda.
Refinery not working is very very political!

Which kind of government in the world does not have working refineries in place but gave dollars at a cheaper rate to a person (Dangote) to build a refinery that can purportedly serve a whole country? The more you look, the less you see.
Only in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Chetas81(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2023
MAD CITIZEN LIVE IN NIGERIA BASED ON OUR MENTALITY, FRAUD AND GULLIBLE MENTALITY WON'T ALLOWED THE CITIZEN, TO THINK RIGHT, THE CRIMINAL CALLED THEIR SELF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DON'T WANT OUR REFINERY TO FUNCTION, SO THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP THE SUBSIDY MONEY IN THEIR POCKET
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Chetas81(m): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin
really, god is not the man that damage their self, but later call on god to repair, our brothers become government official and suddenly become our enemies overnight

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^ grin
e don red o
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by RepoMan007: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2023
ogododo:
Renewed hopelessness, Tinubu no sabi to run dls country.
after eight years, he will echo it like Buhari and say, I tried my best.

2 Likes

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Diligence: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
The way APC cum Tinubu is going, Nigerians (home & abroad) will soon YEARN for Mr Peter Obi and Baba Datti Ahmed!

APC/Tinubu: Please kindly return the people's Mandate!

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by smileyoo: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
from quasi subsidy we may still head back to full subsidy, because very few privileged nigerians will be able to afford an extremely expensive pms that could be prevalent without subsidy, except the government do the right thing of refining our fuel locally and put a stop to this shameful and senseless importation of pms outside the country.
this government already knew that nigerians have no more stamina for the tightening of an already tight belts, without seeing any tangible results for their sacrifices, but only nauseating propagandas.

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by onyxo76(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
GodHimself:
This isn’t by chance.

The cost of living must rise to match those of neighboring countries before the borders can be opened for the African continental Free Trade Zone.

P.S

Petrol costs N1,200/liter in Ghana

actually its 990 per liter , 12.9 cedis per liter if you like

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by blaise26abj(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
The stupidest move ever by Tinubu was to merge the exchange rate and remove subsidy at the same time .he should have held back on the exchange rate . That would have cushioned the effect of subsidy removal . How naira is free falling and it will definitely affect the price of PMS .

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by OgaTheTop2: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Renewed shege banza
We told them oo, dem no listen..
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by BeigJawnson(m): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Elvis2kay:
High price of petrol everywhere in Denmark a liter is 14.89 =1965.naira
The post is about Nigeria not Denmark or lions den... Is Denmark an oil producing country? You can talk of Saudi Arabia not Denmark.
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by BeigJawnson(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/18/fg-still-practicing-quasi-subsidy-expect-fuel-price-hike-oil-marketers/

Infact let's keep praying for our people in govt, they are really making lives good for Nigerians. I love tinubu, he will never make us miss buhari. .. .. Our president, ride on. Keep ruling us and our entire family ... Infact I can't wait to hear us buying fuel at #2000 per litre just for the betterment of Nigeria.
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by MrB0LD(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2023
jmoore:
Can any good thing come out from Tinubulation?

It even sounds like tribulation...!!!!
God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by ElSudani: 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
The cost of crude oil we produce in Nigeria which some folks are even stealing free of charge with big ships.

1 Like

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Kay25(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
ogododo:
Renewed hopelessness, Tinubu no sabi to run dls country.
Maybe u should try it
Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by Kukutente23: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Oh Allah hear our humble cry in this country
Wetin concern Allah
Na Allah vote ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Still Practicing Quasi-subsidy, Expect Fuel Price Hike – Oil Marketers by OneCandleAway(f): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
TongueTwista:

I'm really drained. Despite what I earn on a weekly basis, I have no savings. Everything I was able to put aside while the Daura failure held sway, has been eroded in three months, because you can't afford to have relatives in need and be hoarding resources.

This man is worse than a natural disaster. We're like a people with no direction. You can't even sit down today and tell someone that you know where Nigeria is headed. One begins to subconsciously romance the notion of what life would have been like if we were in the hands of military administrators.

Me I don't pick some calls when I know you're a habitual begger or borrower. I carry my father's responsibility, I can't carry another person's father's responsibility join to my own.

Some are quarrelling with me because of it but I don't care.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. / Lagos, Abuja Trekker Arrives Destination, Okays Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / Osinbajo Can Go Back To His Pastoral Work At RCCG When All Else Fails - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.