Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? (1291 Views)

Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? / Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by ibechris(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
I dont mean to deride people who are poor but this is what I have observed around them.

They don't ever believe that people are not reasoning their ways. If anyone dies,they will always say it is so and so that killed him or her.

In fact,they believe in the so called enemy mantra and such people can not do anything without reasoning devil,enemy planning evil for them and they have forgotten that,it is when u expose ur secrets that people will know much about u.

So,why this enemy this,enemy that among these class of Nigerians?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by iammo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
cool

Evil and poverty works hand in hand

Ghettos have highest rate of Violent crime, Sexual assualt, disease

It boils down to micro thoughts

Each and every action, crime and productive action starts from simple thought process

In Slums they are not comfortable and they are poor, the fustration makes them think negatively and their thoughts mostly manifest into action

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Mindlog: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
As weird as it may sound, that is what keeps them going in the trenches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Wodu89: 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2023
ibechris:
I dont mean to deride people who are poor but this is what I have observed around them.

They don't ever believe that people are not reasoning their ways. If anyone dies,they will always say it is so and so that killed him or her.

In fact,they believe in the so called enemy mantra and such people can not do anything without reasoning devil,enemy planning evil for them and they have forgotten that,it is when u expose ur secrets that people will know much about u.

What you don't understand you critic, mock and criticize. It's work hours and you came up with this. Smh

Thank God for setting you free. It's who's turn it is that understands.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by talented321: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Poor people hate anything good, you can also spot them here on nairaland, many of them like unnecessary fight because that's the only power they can boast of..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by ibechris(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
talented321:
Poor people hate anything good, you can also spot them here on nairaland, many of them like unnecessary fight because that's the only power they can boast of..

U are so right.

Very violent class of people.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by OGgreatness: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
They believe everybody around them is their enemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Dpen11(f): 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
That's one major problem of Nigeria.

Not knowing they're the ones taking themselves backward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
ibechris:

Because it is easier to blame anyone else than themselves for the cause of their problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by VawulentMan: 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2023
talented321:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Figger(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
VawulentMan:

no be small signal Lol. Lwkmd 😃
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by bluepreek(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by RepoMan007: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
Simple, they share so much territory with others as they can't afford to fence of the next guy and live like middle-class people. It is for same reason small tribes hardly intermarry with larger tribes and have staunch enemies more often than larger tribes. Familiarity breeds contempt. You d not hate who you do not know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by GboyegaD(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2023
Poverty creates overwhelming insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by DyingFetus: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Op may poverty locate you and your familyundecided
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by austine4real(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
grin grin

Poverty have affected their brains

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by ibechris(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
DyingFetus:
Op may poverty locate you and your familyundecided

See One of them.

I have left poverty long ago.

I pity u because I wonder when u are going to leave yours amidst this economic woes.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by modernWays: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
talented321:

Why are you calling them poor when you are not the one feeding them? Life is so dynamic, that you can afford the kind of luxury that life can offer doesn't make you a superior being over them.

The less privilege are always at the mercy of being subjected to any form of brutalities life can offer, not that they are daft or don't know what they are doing, but because all their efforts were never enough two pull them out of poverty.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by modernWays: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
?
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by talented321: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
I didn't said i'm a rich man, being poor don't give u the right to hate people in every little development that come there.. Being poor doesn't mean you should envy others and take them as threat. Everybody should work on theirselves it's not easy anywhere..
modernWays:

Why are you calling them poor when you are not the one feeding them? Life is so dynamic, that you can afford the kind of luxury that life can offer doesn't make you a superior being over them.

The less privilege are always at the mercy of being subjected to any form of brutalities life can offer, not that they are daft or don't know what they are doing, but because all their efforts were never enough two pull them out of poverty.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by modernWays: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
talented321:
I didn't said i'm a rich man, being poor don't give u the right to hate people in every little development that come there.. Being poor doesn't mean you should envy others and take them as threat. Everybody should work on theirselves it's not easy anywhere..

Do you know that Rich people hate others too, especially those they can't manipulate?

Do you know rich people also envy others, especially those above them?

Do you know rich people are threats to poor people too, especially where the poors want to claim their right?

By the way, how do you know they don't work on themselves? If they don't, how do they feed themselves? If they don't, how do some poor people become rich?

It is very easy for us to criticise or look down on others when we are privilege to be above them. Some were born into poverty, tried everything they could but not successful. Will you blame them for living a kind of life they can afford? Will you rather see them killing others or robbed them to get rich?

My point is that, those attitudes you mentioned are not peculiar to poor people alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
ibechris:

Isssss true o.
But sha..na poverty mentality still dey cause am. Owu dey reset brain. Check how Nigerians are at each others' throat these days, the tension is so thick you could slice it with knife. Na still 'owu' dey blow the people.
How I wish I could test run Jagaban strolling into my street witout any guard (now that is very dangerous), e no go funny o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by talented321: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2023
You are taking this serious and talking out of point..
Rich people compete to make more money.
Whatever you tell me' i know what i'm saying and i'm talking from experience that majority of poor people are very dangerous and want's everybody to be like them. How many poor people arrive without the help of an average well to do man..
modernWays:

Do you know rich people also envy others, especially those above them?

Do you know rich people are threats to poor people too, especially where the poors want to claim their right?

By the way, how do you know they don't work on themselves? If they don't, how do they feed themselves? If they don't, how do some poor people become rich?

It is very easy for us to criticise or look down on others when we are privilege to be above them. Some were born into poverty, tried everything they could but not successful.

My point is that, those attitudes you mentioned are not peculiar to poor people alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by DND069: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2023
Mindlog:
As weird as it may sound, that is what keeps them going in the trenches.

Yeah. Misery love companies
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by modernWays: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
talented321:
You are taking this serious and talking out of point..
Rich people compete to make more money.
Whatever you tell me' i know what i'm saying and i'm talking from experience that majority of poor people are very dangerous and want's everybody to be like them. How many poor people arrive without the help of an average well to do man..

Which kind rich people only compete to make money. I have tasted both side in my life, and presently not poor by Nigeria standards. I can categorically tell you the only difference between the poor and the rich is approach used to melted out their wickedness. Unlike the Rich, poor people don't have money to call police or engage lawyers, they don't have money to hire assassins or pay bribes to do the dirty jobs on their behalf, the only thing left for them is to physically show their grievance. I am very sure you will also say poor people are more diabolic than rich people? Lol. Let me give you a few examples, will you call those senators and Reps fighting one another in the assemblies poor people? Is Obaseki and Shuabu poor people? Is APC chieftain who attacked one commissioner in Ondo state poor? Are those big men and elite who had engage in physical fights poor? Have you ever witnessed a serious fight among elites at political partes meeting or conventions before? What will you call those in black communities in US where different kind of social vices and violence are happening? Are they not economically better than average getto man in Nigeria?

If you say poor people are dangerous and want everybody to be like them, do rich people want poor to also be like them? And by your last sentence, if every poor man can't arrive withiout the help of average rich men, then why the gaps between the rich and the poor is so wide in Nigeria like river Niger? The reality is that education and wealth will only make you adopt civil approach to issues and not necessarily erase the evil in you.

You are just a typical Nigerian whose after getting some thousands start looking down on poor people or blaming them for not knowing how to liberate themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by talented321: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
ModernWays
Like i told you before i'm not a rich man and i don't look down on anybody since i was born.
Oga i begin to smell cash when i was 16yrs old because my mother was a tight business woman and as the first born i control almost everything in the shop. I'm a man who've human sympathy even today i don't refuse to help after years of facing different nightmares because of my mistakes just to see others smile.
All those years i was thinking i'm helping the needy because of my sympathy nation but not knowing many people are angry says' how can a small boy like me have such opportunity to borrow them cash from 10k to 200k, i give credit more than 1k to 100k for that year just to assist my fellow brothers and sisters so that i can see them smile everyday. What i forget that time is' i can't impress people no matter how i try, people became more angry especially when i ask them of my own cash. True true i fall down after several warning from my father because my mother is even more simple than me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by talented321: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Imagine this people i helped so much thinking they might help me tomorrow was the ones to frustrate me the more. They say all ill things against me just because i make the mistake of helping my fellow brothers and sisters..
There're thousand of poor people with good heart and thousand of rich people with evil hearts..
For instance peter and tinubu is fighting from a far distance, it's only poor gullible followers that will lost theirselves lives, apart from that politics is a dirty business.. Look at mark owner of fb and owner of twitter you must learn one or two from them..
I'm not anyway condemning poor people but many of them thinks about evil everyday because they feel threatened everybody want to be above them..
Did you know what a woman told my cousin sister after her graduation..
Bro i'm talking from experience and what i passed through..
ModernWays

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by modernWays: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2023
talented321:
Imagine this people i helped so much thinking they might help me tomorrow was the ones to frustrate me the more. They say all ill things against me just because i make the mistake of helping my fellow brothers and sisters..
There're thousand of poor people with good heart and thousand of rich people with evil hearts..
For instance peter and tinubu is fighting from a far distance, it's only poor gullible followers that will lost theirselves lives, apart from that politics is a dirty business.. Look at mark owner of fb and owner of twitter you must learn one or two from them..
I'm not anyway condemning poor people but many of them thinks about evil everyday because they feel threatened everybody want to be above them..
Did you know what a woman told my cousin sister after her graduation..
Bro i'm talking from experience and what i passed through..
ModernWays

Quite understand your point, it's human's nature, no one can satisfy them. You can do good to humans 99% of times and get bite if you fail at 100th. You just have to understand this to be a better version of yourself. Mainwhile, like I said before, Rich people too are ungrateful just like poor people. Rich people too don't want the poor to be like them, that is the human nature in this part of the world. I have seen some rich men whose their families are still living in poverty, I have seen alot of big men who don't appreciate those that help them build their wealth. I have see alot of rich men who will rather collect the little from the poor than to give or help them.

My point is that, being good or bad has nothing to do with one financial status. For instance, there were many rich business owners that will never sell their goods or lend people money no matter the circumstances as you did, so you can see that it is more of personality than financial status. Besides, being rich is relative, what you might called a real wealth is chicken change to some people, the list go on and on. And if we are to use the same analogy, a millionaire will see thousanairs as stupid people, while a billionaire will also see millionaires as stupid people.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
It's not only Nigeria, but Africa as a whole.

Poor people have poor level of reasoning... They always suspect that everyone is after them and most of the time they hate their neighbors for no reason.
ibechris:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by safarilove(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
All I know is an idle hand is the devil's workshop

Those who got nothing doing and are harbouring bad thought are most likely to do you evil and they are most present in the villages or in poor neighbourhoods..
Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by whitestar01(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
ibechris:

Yeah, this your point of view about poor people is so true and I had always wondered why they think that they have so much enemies. They believe so much in witches and wizard instead of taking the blame of failure in their lives when it regards to their own poor decisions and approaches to live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Poor Neighbourhood Have So Much Enemies? by ibechris(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
whitestar01:
Yeah, this your point of view about poor people is so true and I had always wondered why they think that they have so much enemies. They believe so much in witches and wizard instead of taking the blame of failure in their lives when it regards to their own poor decisions and approaches to live.

That is why some men of God capitalise on their beliefs to manipulate a good number of them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Of N1,000 / How Far Can You Tolerate Your Partner ? / Christian Naming Ceremony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.