Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w (445 Views)

The Hidden Story Behind My Sexual Life Between I And My Female Neighbour That W / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w by allioluwatosin6: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2023
EPISODE 1

2 Hours
A 2 hours sleep was like an eternal sleep. Thank God for Iya situ “my close neighbor that just put to bed" it was the cry of the baby that woke me up. I stenched like an old poor widow as I struggle to regain my consciousness.
“What happened to me" this words kept ringing in my head. Just within 2hours I had lost my mental consciousness.
The cry of the baby came again and this time I had to rush to Iya situ room to know what was happening, on getting there I saw this little baby laying alone on the bed. At the sight of me the baby kept quiet. I carried him on my arms, sang lullaby for him and he slept. I was about positioning him on the bed when he woke up again with a loud cry “O GOD PLEASE SAVE ME" I wept inside of me. I carried him, strap him to my back while I sang a melodious song for him.
I sneezed and I was going to cover my nose when I noticed boils on my face. “O God what is this again", I rushed to my room to get a mirror but before I could do that iya situ stepped in and the next thing I heard was a shout from Iya situ, I tried to calm her down to know why she shouted but no explanation she rooted for her child while she banged the door after her.
I was so scared to look at the mirror, so many questions on my mind but no explanation, I was taken back by the beep on my phone. I set an alarm at 2pm before I slept but the alarm was resets to 4pm. “What kind of delusion is this, is it the work of demon or what" I thought inside of me. A sudden fear gripped me as I quickly dialed my Pastor's number.
I couldn't reach my pastor during the first call, second call even the third call. Calling my mom was the next option so I quickly dialed her number. Luckily for me my mother picked at once. Hellooooo “Esupofo hope no problem, you called me barely an hour ago" she said, fear gripped me once again but I managed to reply her, I told her everything including the boils on my face and even what am yet to experience because I wanted to put that fear in her mind, but before I could exchange more words with her my phone suddenly went off.
Though I was relieved after talking to my mother but still curious to know what happened, I stood up and something fell, oooh no I broke the mirror, I took the pieces joined it together and I summon courage to look at my face. “ahhhhhhh Jesus , “WHOSE FACE IS THIS? I collapsed.

1 Share

Re: Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w by allioluwatosin6: 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
EPISODE 2

MY NAME MY SURVIVAL

My name is “Esupofo Mike Akanbi", Till now people still wonder why I was named Esupofo but the fact still remains that, that name was one of the secret to my existence. Though my mom told me it was my grandma that named me Esupofo and she insisted they called me that. Truly that name was a powerful name and I had seen many reasons to acknowledged that name. Growing up in the Lord was what I cherished most in life.
There was a kind of story behind my birth. I heard my mother gave birth to me outside wedlock and in our town there is a tradition that forbids a lady to have a child outside wedlock, failure to adhere to this is the beginning of misfortune for such child. It was a show of shame for her, people made mockery of her and at the end she was forced to leave the town with grandma.

Getting a new apartment in a strange land wasn't easy, that night they couldn't get an apartment and they slept in a church. One night as usual in the church my mother started having a strange movement in her body not knowing she was in labour, with the help of grandma and some the church members, my mother gave birth to me, the church provided all my needs; clothes, foods and all the essential needs, to crown it all they gave us a beautiful apartment to live. My mom gave her life to Christ in that church and she was baptized with the name “Christiana".
I summoned courage to ask my mom about my dad one day but grandma shouted at me “Go inside and read your book". But while grandma was asleep that night my mom woke me up and told me all I needed to know about my dad.
“I met your dad while I was in college “year 2" it was the final paper of the day and I forgot to write my name on my exam booklet and while I was still pleading with the supervisor, one young man appeared and he requested I was given my exam booklet immediately. After the submission i went my way but he double-crossed me on my way and he collected my number. Two months after, we met again but there was a reason for that. I had an issue with my results and he was the one in charge of it, he was so happy to see me that day that he promised to help me with it and boom he did as he said, I had 80 in that results. I was so happy and we start talking after that.
On this faithful day I was going to visit my friend for a tutorial but I came across him again and he promised to tutor me so I went to his apartment, when It was time for tutorial Mr Akanbi offered me a small juice to step down before we starts the tutorial, the last thing I saw was Y x 6= 50 , solve.
When I woke up I was naked, I wept as I rain curses on him, he lied that it was the devil's work but I didn't stop cursing him till I left his place. I wept bitterly as I finally reached my apartment,“ what I had kept for many years how could I have stupidly lost it", I said to myself in regrets. Two months later exams are over and I was home with my mother helping her to sell her provision when this pain started. I was rushed to Iya fadeke house because she cure all kinds of ailments. Iya fadeke broke the news to my mother without telling me, so I didn't know anything about it till we got home. My mom just lock the room after entering and I thought it was for protection not knowing she had something else in mind. The next thing was an hot slap from behind and she started flogging me “mama what have I done was the word I kept saying" with the help of our neighbors they broke the door and they rescued me that was when I knew I was pregnant, I was so ashamed of myself and that moment all the good Samaritan who rescued me suddenly turn their back against me and even told my mother to flog me more till the pregnancy disappear".
I was busy laughing before my mom stopped me, though i find it funny but this story is about me in question and does it mean am laughing at myself.
“You see, my mother continued, it was that day my mom told me how our tradition forbid giving birth outside wedlock, I told my mom everything about Mr Akanbi and we started trying his number, after putting many calls across to him he finally picked two weeks after, my mom didn't allow me to talk before dragging the phone from me, Mr Akanbi respond gave me the saddest shock of my life, it was a big blow to my face. Mr Akanbi said he is married and he doesn't want a second wife. Mama was so disheartened but that night mama had a dream there was fire in our house I was alone at home, mama had gone to market to sell her provision. It was to late before I was rescued.
The next day mama resolved all the issues concerning the pregnancy and till this present moment mama has been the source of our joy after God''. She stopped and she pat me on my back to always be responsible and be ambitious.
Mr Thomas Akanbi let me grow up and you will see what I'll do to you “i thought to myself as I laid on my bed".
Re: Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w by allioluwatosin6: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
EPISODE 3

THE REAL ME

I got admission at my first attempt of writing jamb, it was a joyous moment for me as I was treated to a special delicacy of 'iyan and efo riro with eja aro' omo it was heaven on earth for me but I noticed while I was joyous and happy my mother was sad, but the sight of the efo riro and iyan took my precious mind away.
An hour later, I was done with my food. I managed to talk and encouraged my mother, she finally responded back with a smile to assure me she will be fine.
I was fully loaded, mama had packed all my favorite goodies for me including my life saver "garri" mama packed a full bucket of garri for me, she told she specially made it for me that the garri is a charm of good luck and success, I laughed as she shoved it in my bag with kuli kuli.
2 hrs later, I was on my way to ilisan Remo which was my destination, I was filled with a lot of emotions both joyous ones and sad ones, I thought of the church, how I was going to miss the technical department, my pastor, then mama and and my mom and ibukun my childhood friend at Ajiboye “my neighborhood ” but I was happy I was going to school to study my “mass communication” my pastor and my friend scolded me for choosing mass communication bcoz they thought since I was so good in theatre art, I would choose that, Yes I was so good in theatre art but I never love the subject “literature” so I escaped literature while writing jamb.
Within 2 hours, I had gotten to my destination, I was welcomed by a Young Man who was a student of the same university. Pastor drey had done all the connection to secure a good and safe living in the uni for me. He had warned me to study hard, eat well and be prayerful, he gave me Kolas' number “the young man“ Kolas 'appearance alone defined a true devoted christian, alot of questions were going through my mind when I saw him, “how would I cope with him, I was a novice in Christ, yes I could speak in tongues but I was still addicted to some things of the flesh “ well I don't have girlfriends like they called it and I had already made up my mind not to do have girlfriends in school, but I was addicted to some things I termed as natural, “i could stare at someone for so long, I love talking endlessly, I find it hard to accept stranger as friends, I have a proud look, I don't just give in to anyone I don't like, i don't joke with insults.” all this were the attribute I possessed, now that I'm in a new environment how was I going to cope. The thought stopped after approaching the young man hostel, it was a big hostel filled with a lot of student and indigene. I smiled after realizing how beautiful and neat the hostel was.
Kola was a very neat man, his room was so neat that I smiled as I walked round the room. 5 hrs later, I became familiar with the hostel and kola, “i had thought it gonna be hard for me to roll with kola but it seemed I was mistaken, he was very cheerful and welcoming, he introduced me to all his friends and house mate”.
Throughout my stay with kola during my 100level, we never fought nor quarrel bcoz I was the talkative, always gisting kola about everything that goes on at school.
I finally packed to my own room in year 2, pastor drey had settled my apartment fee and my school fee, I was okay but still mingling with kola and his friends.

One day, I was in school after receiving lecture, I was heading home when I saw kola talking to some few ladies I also knew, we all exchange greetings, I got to find out that they were actually discussing about a particular party, kola pressured me to follow him so I had no choice than to followed him.
It was a young lady birthday party, I had thought I would see christian dressing there, but I was wronged all of them dressed worldly, even my friend kola wore a top and a crazy jean with a face cap which he wore backward, “i knew something was already odd with kola, I saw it even before his sudden change, kola was someone who secretly admired the worldly dressing, he would typically browsed pictures of fine crazy jean designs and saved it on his phone, so it wasn't strange to me, I was just the type who doesn't fancy such dressing asides doctrine and christian value but I was disturbed on his next decision.
After the party, I took out time to discussed with him, I made sure I forced him to tell me his mind, that was when I knew that it was Kolas' parents who never gave him a chance not to put on all those things at home. Well I couldn't questioned him more bcoz he was hijacked by a friend. What I intentionally wanted to asked wasn't about his dressing but his state of mind which I missed.

A semester after, 200l second semester, I got the shockest news, kola had changed beyond normal, he wasn't recognizable again, I could nearly missed him for someone else “a grandpa in a sugar daddy form”, he had dyed his hair to white like an aged man, he had bought a vehicle, infact rented a better apartment, the day I tried to see him, I was flabagasted by the amount of ladies I saw around him, omo kola was already big and robust, I wasn't feeling bad for him, I intentionally went there to seek help from him for a token but I couldn't see him.
This wasn't strange to me but it questioned a lot of thought on my mind, i knew instantly that I needed to pray and fast to rebuke such temptations, even our Lord Jesus Christ was tempted how was I different, I prayed and fasted for 20days, to rebuke evil temptations bcoz it was glaring at me, my own dear friend kola who wouldn't do a day without chatting me now ignores me, he wouldn't even respond to my messages.

I called pastor drey and he prayed for me as well and he promised to always be there for me, I read the Romans 12:2 for a renewed mind, Christ gave me hope for survival.

Romans 12:2
[2]And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God
Re: Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w by allioluwatosin6: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
EPISODE 4

THE ATTACK

300level first semester was fast approaching, I had stayed back at hostel to learn keyboard at my fellowship, this and more were the activities that kept me busy after school studies.
I was learning one day when I got a call from kola, I was surprised to see his call all of a sudden, something leaped for joy inside of me, his voice had changed, we talked and gisted for Abt 40min before I ended the call with him with a promise to check up on him.
I was literally busy throughout the week that I forgot about my promise. I finally got the chance to see him at weekend. I was welcomed by a friend who had stayed outside to guide me in. The beautiful mini flat was decorated with some shade of flowers. The first thing I noticed was a young lady who sat at the sitting room and the view of a show titled big brother naija on the screen. I managed to sat down at a corner viewing everything in a corner. Just about 2min later kola joined me, we shook hands and proceeded further to talk in a corner.
The first thing kola noticed was my keyboard, and meanwhile i initially took the keyboard with me to reminded him of the past times. He asked me if I could play the keyboard Bcoz as at the time we were together, I was practising. I told him yes and he almost argued it with me until I proved my point, I picked my keyboard and played "Amazing Grace" to his listening. He Immediately grabbed the keyboard from me, while he also tried to orchestrate my move but unfortunately he was lost at some point but I managed to help him get through it. We spent about 2hours talking more on Instrumental and the university, after much talk, Kola offered me a juice to step down, I knew he was in for a conversation just as I saw him positioned himself on the couch. For about 10min, Kola continuously gazed at me, he eventually voiced out his mind after much gazing, he talked about how much I have changed in stature and how I have added more beards, he continued by adding that I needed to change my way of thinking, he tried to manoeuvre me to join Forex Trading, he told me he was into Forex Trading and not Yahoo Yahoo, he tried to convince that Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin are worth investing on, I thought about this for a seconds before voicing out. I asked him how a student like me would get money to invest in Bitcoin and Crypto while I still have a year school fee to pay. The next reaction I got from Kola shocked me, Kola burst out into laughter and mimicked my response, I decided not to be moved by his laughter, he proceeded further by opening up to me a little about his life, he spoke to me on how he raised 5 thousand dollars on trading and how he changed money with Zelle, Cash App and the likes.....................
He goes on to talk more on how he conversed with the white ' Oyinbo'. He went on and on to talk more on the subject. To buttress his point, Kola added that, the future outside for graduates are blur and nobody is certain of the future.
Few minutes later we were done with our conversation and we called the meeting a day.
I ruminated on everything he said, and I got to a point where I believed Kola was right after all, at that point I forgot about asking God on his mind on Kola's discussion with me. I kept on ruminating on the conversation till I eventually accepted it as a fact which wasn't the truth.
Two months later, I and Kola rekindled our friendship, and this time around it was a friendship with benefits..... I started missing church activities in replace with learning Crypto and Forex Trading, little did I know that Yahoo is not Yahoo again but they called it Bling. Immediately my cacus changed, I started noticing a little change in my social life, my contact details started increasing, I would literally saved a contact with your name or probably anything that pops in my head, I was no longer interested in adding sister 'lagbaja' or brother 'tamedu'.

This was all what the world gave me in exchange for the 'truth' I had with me.
400l first semester went smoothly while i was still aiming for my first class. The night after My examination, I had a dream where I saw myself walking in an endless journey, it was a long journey, fortunately I was able to view a destination right from a distance, I threw my hands into the air, pacing up to quickly reached my destination just at that moment, someone blew something into my face and that was how I waked up in my room.
I managed to assembled the broken pieces together while I summoned courage to checked what could have made Iya Situ screamed out loud and the stranged experiences I had.
I screamed at the sight of how awful my face looked, I have suddenly added beard, visible scars and boil.
The next thing I saw, was that I saw myself on the hospital bed, with some identifiable people beside me, I could identified Pastor Drey, and my Mom but I was curious on why I couldn't find Kola.
My eyes caught the sight of some Nurses pacing up and down then finally to a young doctor approaching my side.
I couldn't really fathom what he was saying, but I was able to picked a point, he asked if I was poured acid and I answered with a sharp voice saying NO, he said my face has the mark of an acid case and to remove this i would have to go for a face surgery, already they had shaded my beards and my head.

Pastor Drey led a prayer that opened a vision to him on the attack that happened to me.

The Vision
"While I was running my race, a confusion happened, I found out that a strange being that resembles myself suddenly came behind me and poured a strange powder on my face leading me straightaway to a state of confusion".
At some point I had thought that Kola or other friends has something to do with the acid on my face or perhaps they came into my room that morning to carry out their plan. But look what God showed us in the vision, I was clearly shown as the one behind my mystery.

Perhaps Kola, was a spirit that the enemy made use to confuse me with lies in exchange for truth.
I was so lost in thought while the vision was being delivered by Pastor Drey.
Suddenly God's spirit came over me and I started weeping, I confessed all my sins and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour.
Re: Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w by allioluwatosin6: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
EPISODE 5
The Deliverance
I was booked for a face surgery the next day, Immediately I deleted everything that has to do with Trading and every other things that occupied my mind negatively.
The next day was the day for Surgery, I was surprised to see my church rep, School Rep and Sist Doyin "Choir director". The visit that surprised me most was that of Sist Doyin, bcoz I have had a conversation with her while I was in 300l, I actually asked her for a relationship which she declined which I accepted. I smilled as she held my hands to assure me to be strong.
I smilled as I was gently wheeled into the theatre room.
I woke up 2hours later at the ward with a mirror being placed at my front.
The nurse gently uncovered the bandage wrapped on my face. All I could do at that point was to view the unwrapping at the mirror. The next minute they were done just at the final stage of unwrapping the last bandage, I was surprised as to why they slowed down unlike how fast they was the previous stages but hey the sight of my sparkling face kept me mute. All the scars had disappeared, no traces of scar. In fact it was indeed a miracle. The second moment afterwards, people trooped in to check my face out and it was a moment of joy and laughter.
Fast -forward
Six month later Mike got a scholarship for his Masters at Oxford University. On his arrival back home he boarded an Uber to his new apartment at Lagos, unfortunately the uber driver started a conversation with him that led one thing to another and the uber driver eventually brought out his business card with the name Mr Akanbi slightly written on it. Mike eventually burst into tears after much conversation about whom he was. He eventually narrated that none of his other children looked out for him now that they are adult so he had to fend for himself with his car, he pleaded to his son to take him to see his mother for reconciliation.
Meanwhile Mike mum had married Pastor Dare(Drey) about the period Mike was in university which still amuses Mike how they made it happened. Mama died when Mike was in his finale in the university shortly before his facecaped.
Mr Akanbi reconciled with Mrs Adebiyi(Mike mum) and officially accepted Mike has his son.
Mike got a job as a Project Manager in a Tech company and got married to the love of his life "Doyin" whom they both courted from the period of finale at the university to when they both got a settlement of job, Doyin got a job immediately after her service due to her skill as a Video Creator and editor. Their union was blessed with 2 beautiful kids; a boy and a girl. "Kingsly and Precious".

The Untold
Kola couldn't wait to finish his final papers before travelling out of the country..... six month after his travelling he was deported back with no single penny.

The End

(1) (Reply)

The Description Of Youthfulness / Evil Comedian Episode 19 / Ebook Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.