Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court (19277 Views)

Pictures From PDP Grand Finale Campaign In Lokoja, Kogi State. Atiku Spotted / Comparison: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Tell People From Their Own Regions Who To Vote / Presidential Election: The Real Number Of Votes I Scored In Each State – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by wealthyprince(m): 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
They were told to go to court after the result was declared. Wether they win or loose they are following due process as expected by law to challenge what they believe is injustice. In as much as tbey are in their right, i will only wait for the Supreme court to finalize on this issue to know the next direction for Nigeria and hope it favour the present and future generation.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by simfrost90210: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
LegacyB:

Kikiki….. we know you will still say you know more than the Supreme Court when they come out with their verdict. Almost 8 years for you to be sobbing isn’t a good thing. I understand your predicament so I won’t bother to flog you back with insults.

Not insults...... It is fact!
You're a son of a fallen demon!
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Vision101(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
Here they go again. Everything is social media. Apeal against a judgement that should be quietly submitted and diligently pursued they have decided to make it a social media affair. Every Tom Dick and Harry will begin to argue what they don't understand. This will massage their ego.

Meanwhile their opponents as true professionals will be quietly doing their job and allow their performance to speak for them. Mtcheee
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Jostoman: 5:34am On Sep 21, 2023
Odibembem:

Trader too is calling judgement nonsense cos u also heard others call it nonsense. It was full of sense, well delivered with proper citations and precedents. Peter Obi did not win, he can't win and he will never win
what about Atiku? You are not God Oga.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by ginggerxy: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2023
Righthussle:
I am totally against giving special electoral status to FCT. In our various states, I want to ask, Is it a must to score 25% of the votes in the capital to become governor? Come on, make una dey calm down na.

Let me state it here before you mention me to ask whether Abuja is special.

Yes, Abuja doesn't have a governor. I know Abuja is special but to what extent is it special. The tribunal just made us to understand that when it comes to VOTES, Abuja isn't special. Just as it is not a must to score 25% of votes cast in any particular state to win the presidential election, it is not a must to score 25% of votes cast in Abuja to win the presidential election.
But those that wrote the constitution said so.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by NomborPhilip10: 7:43am On Sep 21, 2023
Obif and Atiku should make Abuja the 38th state then.
Desperate failed men.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2023
zeestone99:

The law says otherwise. If we all start to screen everything the laws says then we will have no law to follow. Many things are wrong but the law is the law.
For example a the law just asked car owners to pay for proof of ownership certificate, car that u cleared and have more than 6 documents on to prove u r d owner. It doesn't make sense but the law is the law. Until we change the law notin can b done.

Does it? There is a difference between what the law says, what you think the law says and what you want the law to say.

What the law says can only be interpreted by the court.

What you think the law says is based on your knowledge, common sense, objectivity , the more knowledgeable and objective you are, the closer you are to the facts. What anyone thinks the law says is their opinion not fact.

Thirdly what you want the law to say, this is based purely on how you want the interpretation of the law to favour you.

Like you saw the law is the law, the only people qualified to interprete the law are judges, everything else is just opinion…..and you know what they say about opinions……

The problem is lay men, many not properly educated, enlightened, intelligent and most certainly having no legal education or even read the relevant provisions of the law, giving their opinion as fact!

In any even if the courts make the interpretation that 25% is required in Abuja, the rerun will be between the person who came 1st and the person who came 2nd, since the person who came 3rd did not challenge the person who came 2nd and made no attempt to prove he came 1st.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Abrahamweb(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:
It’s common sense that Abuja residents don’t have four heads . It’s not done anywhere in the world not even from people we copy our democracy from .

Disgruntled elements are just trying to grab straws .
But DC has mayor which is equivalent to governor if you are comparing Nigeria to America na.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by HydraFeeds(m): 11:21am On Sep 21, 2023
Abrahamweb:

But DC has mayor which is equivalent to governor if you are comparing Nigeria to America na.
great input ,the Abuja residents should fight for governorship as well but not four heads which is not even their idea to start with .
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Abrahamweb(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:
great input ,the Abuja residents should fight for governorship as well but not four heads which is not even their idea to start with .
✔️
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Neddyogu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
What a time to be a lawyer in Naija!!
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by HEBEI: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Get a queen primer.
"The FCT is to be treated AS IF IT WERE a state"
The key words are "as if it were a state"...
Again get your self a queen primer
with your perfect understanding and mastering of the queen primer, I wonder why you still lack basic comprehension
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
casualobserver:

Does it? There is a difference between what the law says, what you think the law says and what you want the law to say.

What the law says can only be interpreted by the court.

What you think the law says is based on your knowledge, common sense, objectivity , the more knowledgeable and objective you are, the closer you are to the facts. What anyone thinks the law says is their opinion not fact.

Thirdly what you want the law to say, this is based purely on how you want the interpretation of the law to favour you.

Like you saw the law is the law, the only people qualified to interprete the law are judges, everything else is just opinion…..and you know what they say about opinions……

The problem is lay men, many not properly educated, enlightened, intelligent and most certainly having no legal education or even read the relevant provisions of the law, giving their opinion as fact!

In any even if the courts make the interpretation that 25% is required in Abuja, the rerun will be between the person who came 1st and the person who came 2nd, since the person who came 3rd did not challenge the person who came 2nd and made no attempt to prove he came 1st.

What you are trying to say is only the judge can interpret the law and that's final. Different judge can interpret the law however they like resulting into different outcomes. Judge A says 25percent is not valid in 2023 and judge B says 25 percent is now valid in 2027. However we should take it like that cos it's not our duty to interpret the law. How does that sounds.
The law is the law, u might not like it and also you can't change it whether u like it or not.
All of a sudden Abuja becomes a state like every other state. No governor, no senator. Some states are more privileged than the other to have govenors and senators. There's no way you want to twist this thing, the law made Abuja special. If u don't like it then rewrite the constitution.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
zeestone99:

What you are trying to say is only the judge can interpret the law and that's final. Different judge can interpret the law however they like resulting into different outcomes. Judge A says 25percent is not valid in 2023 and judge B says 25 percent is now valid in 2027. However we should take it like that cos it's not our duty to interpret the law. How does that sounds.
The law is the law, u might not like it and also you can't change it whether u like it or not.
All of a sudden Abuja becomes a state like every other state. No governor, no senator. Some states are more privileged than the other to have govenors and senators. There's no way you want to twist this thing, the law made Abuja special. If u don't like it then rewrite the constitution.

What I am saying is it is pointless arguing over our opinions of the law, you think it means a candidate must get 25% in FCT, I think that is not what the law says. Our positions are opinions. Neither of us are qualified to parade our opinions and thoughts as fact. It is for the court to determine what is the law,.....not you, not me!

There is a reason why there are courts and why you can appeal a ruling. You ask me how does it sound? Laws and courts are there for a reason. Anarchy is when citizens do not respect the rule of law and feel only their interpretation of events and the law is right. Nobody ever said anywhere that Abuja is a state, if you can find anywhere where any law or court has said Abuja is a state please feel free to show me. The law says in the practical application of the law it should be treated “like” a state. Except one is not properly grounded in English, a basic understanding of English will tell you that to be like something is not the same as being that thing. “He is like my son” does not mean “he is my son”…..English!!! Treat him like my son does not mean he is my son…..English!!! If he were my son, I wouldn’t have or need to say” like”. Again these are opinions, the court will interprete and make a judgement.

In your house you are head of the house. If your kids are fighting and you deliver a judgement, more often than not it will not please one child but if the other child refuses to accept your ruling, the. You will have anarchy in your house. You are the head of your family because your word is final. The minute your children do not accept your authority, your in your family and hence your family is finished. In a football match, 2 of us will sit side by side and see different things, one says its a penalty, the other is adamant it is not....that is why we have referees and the referees verdict is final..the minute the referees has no authority, the game of football is finished. it is not my opinion or yours that matters but that of the referee. It is similar with the court system......the Supreme Court is right not because it is right but because it is final. If you cannot accept that principle you do not deserve democracy or understand the rule of law.

PS: read section 42(1)b of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by wirinet(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:
Abuja residents and indigenes are not fighting for four heads, they are asking for their votes to count in determining who governs them, just like all other states (since in terms of votes they should be regarded as a state)
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by HydraFeeds(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
wirinet:

Abuja residents and indigenes are not fighting for four heads, they are asking for their votes to count in determining who governs them, just like all other states (since in terms of votes they should be regarded as a state)
with your logic ,25% is not mandatory there then cos for instance,LP cleared southeast with over 75% votes same way other parties clear some other states with over 75% votes. Are we going to say because the declared president doesn’t have 25% in few states then he should not be declared?
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by wirinet(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:
with your logic ,25% is not mandatory there then cos for instance,LP cleared southeast with over 75% votes same way other parties clear some other states with over 75% votes. Are we going to say because the declared president doesn’t have 25% in few states then he should not be declared?

You still don't get it. We are talking about the misnomer in mixing the Governorship election and the presidential election in one vote for Abuja only. No other state has that problem. When Abuja residents and indigenes go out to vote in the presidential election, they are also voting for their governor. You would expect under a democracy that the person that hopes to govern a people would at least have a minimum number of votes from the same people.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by HydraFeeds(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
wirinet:

You still don't get it. We are talking about the misnomer in mixing the Governorship election and the presidential election in one vote for Abuja only. No other state has that problem. When Abuja residents and indigenes go out to vote in the presidential election, they are also voting for their governor. You would expect under a democracy that the person that hopes to govern a people would at least have a minimum number of votes from the same people.
I get your point it still doesn’t makes sense that a candidate will get 100% of other 36 states but got disqualified because he didn’t get mere 25% in the FCT .

The best way out is to get their own governor or minister of FCT comes from FCT always .
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by wirinet(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:
I get your point it still doesn’t makes sense that a candidate will get 100% of other 36 states but got disqualified because he didn’t get mere 25% in the FCT .

The best way out is to get their own governor or minister of FCT comes from FCT always .
The constitution (as interpreted by President Tinubu's distractors) did not talk of disqualification, it says a rerun shall be held between the two leading candidates, and anyone with a simple majority in the rerun becomes the president. They interpret it as 25% the states of Nigeria on one hand and 25% of Abuja being a representation of the whole of Nigeria on the other hand. And also due to the fact that the president automatically becomes the governor of Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
casualobserver:

What I am saying is it is pointless arguing over our opinions of the law, you think it means a candidate must get 25% in FCT, I think that is not what the law says. Our positions are opinions. Neither of us are qualified to parade our opinions and thoughts as fact. It is for the court to determine what is the law,.....not you, not me!

There is a reason why there are courts and why you can appeal a ruling. You ask me how does it sound? Laws and courts are there for a reason. Anarchy is when citizens do not respect the rule of law and feel only their interpretation of events and the law is right. Nobody ever said anywhere that Abuja is a state, if you can find anywhere where any law or court has said Abuja is a state please feel free to show me. The law says in the practical application of the law it should be treated “like” a state. Except one is not properly grounded in English, a basic understanding of English will tell you that to be like something is not the same as being that thing. “He is like my son” does not mean “he is my son”…..English!!! Treat him like my son does not mean he is my son…..English!!! If he were my son, I wouldn’t have or need to say” like”. Again these are opinions, the court will interprete and make a judgement.

In your house you are head of the house. If your kids are fighting and you deliver a judgement, more often than not it will not please one child but if the other child refuses to accept your ruling, the. You will have anarchy in your house. You are the head of your family because your word is final. The minute your children do not accept your authority, your in your family and hence your family is finished. In a football match, 2 of us will sit side by side and see different things, one says its a penalty, the other is adamant it is not....that is why we have referees and the referees verdict is final..the minute the referees has no authority, the game of football is finished. it is not my opinion or yours that matters but that of the referee. It is similar with the court system......the Supreme Court is right not because it is right but because it is final. If you cannot accept that principle you do not deserve democracy or understand the rule of law.

I'm summary the law is for the court and judge to twist. Treat it like, let it behave like, it looks like and blablabla. Why put a law out there that can be interpreted in several ways depending on what mood the court is. This is laughable
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
zeestone99:

I'm summary the law is for the court and judge to twist. Treat it like, let it behave like, it looks like and blablabla. Why put a law out there that can be interpreted in several ways depending on what mood the court is. This is laughable

Clearly the only interpretation of the law that is acceptable to you is your Interpretation. The law is clear, that people chose to misinterpreted it is not the problem of the law.

The law is very clear, again read section 42(1)b.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by DeepSight(m): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2023
wirinet:

I think your mistake is not understanding that all Nigerians are stakeholders in the FCT and thats why all Nigerians get to decide the governor of the FCT (the president).

I also hope you know that the land which comprises the FCT was since formally appropriated under law decades before the FG moved there, along with movements of populations and compensations in land and funds.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by DeepSight(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2023
wirinet:

The constitution (as interpreted by President Tinubu's distractors) did not talk of disqualification, it says a rerun shall be held between the two leading candidates, and anyone with a simple majority in the rerun becomes the president. They interpret it as 25% the states of Nigeria on one hand and 25% of Abuja being a representation of the whole of Nigeria on the other hand. And also due to the fact that the president automatically becomes the governor of Abuja.

It is nothing but sheer absurdity to ask for a rerun if one candidate wins 100 per cent of all 36 states and fails to get 25 per cent in Abuja and the law avoids absurdities. Furthermore it amounts to giving the people resident in Abuja an undemocratic veto power over the rest of the population.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
DeepSight:

It is nothing but sheer absurdity to ask for a rerun if one candidate wins 100 per cent of all 36 states and fails to get 25 per cent in Abuja and the law avoids absurdities. Furthermore it amounts to giving the people resident in Abuja an undemocratic veto power over the rest of the population.

It's sheer absurdity, why was it there in the 1st place and not talked about until now. The reason is it was put there intentionally and now it backfired. Who do we blame.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
zeestone99:

It's sheer absurdity, why was it there in the 1st place and not talked about until now. The reason is it was put there intentionally and now it backfired. Who do we blame.

Again you are the ones saying it is there. You are the ones claiming “and” means you must win 25% of Abuja. Again I repeat, it is your lay man’s opinion. You are not a lawyer talk less of a judge, you are not in any position to interprete the law.

If I want to install solar panels, I don’t come and argue with someone who was trained and whose job/profession it is. I may know a few things about solar installations but I am no expert. With due respect you install solar panels, you are not qualified or trained to speak as fact, matters of law.

What you are doing is talking like a customer who says that because a solar panel says 500w on it it must produce 500w and therefore you cheated him. You try and explain to him that 500w is only in lab conditions but he says no you cheated him. That’s exactly how you sound. Innocent but ignorant.

Again I repeat, stick you what you know and stop talking like you are an expert on things you are neither trained nor have practical experience of.

If every Dick and Harry can install solar, nobody would pay you to install solar. If every Dick and Harry can Build a house nobody would pay engineers to build a house, If every Dick and Harry can Interprete the law, nobody would pay a lawyer. Why then do you think you know the law more than the judges?

Again I refer you to section 42(1)b

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by DeepSight(m): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
zeestone99:

There was nothing put there that was not normal. Its only a very perverse reading of what is there that will twist it to mean 25 % of FCT is compulsory.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
casualobserver:

In engineering it is very clear. It would be written under STC (standard test conditions).
It would also be written factors that can affect output for each engineering designs. It is very clear.
The rules for the governorship election was clear. All local govt. There was no "but", "and", "or" in any statement. So why complicate the statement of the law such a way anyone can give it's own meaning including lawyers and judges. That's my point in the whole thing.
IMO I feel it was done intentionally.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
zeestone99:

In engineering it is very clear. It would be written under STC (standard test conditions).
It would also be written factors that can affect output for each engineering designs. It is very clear.
The rules for the governorship election was clear. All local govt. There was no "but", "and", "or" in any statement. So why complicate the statement of the law such a way anyone can give it's own meaning including lawyers and judges. That's my point in the whole thing.
IMO I feel it was done intentionally.

clearly you do not want to educate yourself.

you say it is clear, in the same way as your customers do not read the fine print where things like STC are listed and therefore approach things from a layman's point of view, so also you are doing the same thing. Have you read the constitution, have you studied law to understand the principles of law and how to interprete laws that you now feel you are qualified to talk based on 1 item in the constitution?

Several times I have refered you to section 42(1)b that is the law equivalent of the fine print where things like the STc is written...have you bothered to read it?

section 42 of the constitution. (rights of citizens)

1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-
(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or
(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

When your customer comes to you and you tell him to read the fine print, above is the fine print of the law. Even if a law is enacted that says gives a community a privilege over another, section 42 says that law is invalid..i am sure you can read and understand English. Section 42 is about the rights of citizens, the earlier a law appears in the constitution the more powerful it is because it is the foundation for other laws. thats why things like what is Nigeria, how many states, rights of citizens etc etc appear early in the constitution...they are fundamental to the constitution. The rights of citizens supersedes anything else.

I have told you many times, you are not in ANY position to comment authoritatively on the law. Your emotions are getting the better of you.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
casualobserver:

clearly you do not want to educate yourself.

you say it is clear, in the same way as your customers do not read the fine print where things like STC are listed and therefore approach things from a layman's point of view, so also you are doing the same thing. Have you read the constitution, have you studied law to understand the principles of law and how to interprete laws that you now feel you are qualified to talk based on 1 item in the constitution?

Several times I have refered you to section 42(1)b that is the law equivalent of the fine print where things like the STc is written...have you bothered to read it?

section 42 of the constitution. (rights of citizens)

1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-
(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or
(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

When your customer comes to you and you tell him to read the fine print, above is the fine print of the law. Even if a law is enacted that says gives a community a privilege over another, section 42 says that law is invalid..i am sure you can read and understand English. Section 42 is about the rights of citizens, the earlier a law appears in the constitution the more powerful it is because it is the foundation for other laws. thats why things like what is Nigeria, how many states, rights of citizens etc etc appear early in the constitution...they are fundamental to the constitution. The rights of citizens supersedes anything else.

I have told you many times, you are not in ANY position to comment authoritatively on the law. Your emotions are getting the better of you.

The still doesn't validate this argument except Abuja is a state like any other state. They have their governor, senators, HOA etc. They should be entitled to this thing. The president is not their governor. That gives them undue advantage.
Let me just summarize what I'm saying. I'm saying another judge can give opposite judgement validating mandatory 25 percent in abuja and we will still have this argument where some are for it and others are against it. The funny thing is they would both be right.
Let this thing be written down correctly in the constitution. That's all I'm saying. Don't stress us becos we are not lawyers or judges. We also have the right to understand the law in plain English or don't we need to understand the rules we follow?
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by casualobserver: 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2023
zeestone99:

The still doesn't validate this argument except Abuja is a state like any other state. They have their governor, senators, HOA etc. They should be entitled to this thing. The president is not their governor. That gives them undue advantage.
Let me just summarize what I'm saying. I'm saying another judge can give opposite judgement validating mandatory 25 percent in abuja and we will still have this argument where some are for it and others are against it. The funny thing is they would both be right.
Let this thing be written down correctly in the constitution. That's all I'm saying. Don't stress us becos we are not lawyers or judges. We also have the right to understand the law in plain English or don't we need to understand the rules we follow?
you are sounding like a customer of yours who after showing him the back panel is still arguing that the panel should generate 500w. Think of how such a person would sound to you and how you would be looking at such a person in your mind, unfortunately thats exactly how you are looking right now. You can only enlighten someone who wants to be enlightened. Someone who wants to argue will continue to find something to argue. I only responded to your posts because i follow you as I have a passing interest in Solar and i have learnt a thing or two from you. if you dont want to learn from me in return, it's ok. I have said all i need to say In such a circumstance, and have nothing more to say.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zeestone99(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
casualobserver:
you are sounding like a customer of yours who after showing him the back panel is still arguing that the panel should generate 500w. Think of how such a person would sound to you and how you would be looking at such a person in your mind, unfortunately thats exactly how you are looking right now. You can only enlighten someone who wants to be enlightened. Someone who wants to argue will continue to find something to argue. I only responded to your posts because i follow you as I have a passing interest in Solar and i have learnt a thing or two from you. if you dont want to learn from me in return, it's ok. I have said all i need to say In such a circumstance, and have nothing more to say.

Ok o. I hear you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Osun Lawmakers Now Sweep Chambers / UNIMAID Attack Is An Attack On Education - Atiku / Untold Story Of Pmb’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Amendment Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.