Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

How I Started To Work Online, It Has Changed My Life For Good - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Started To Work Online, It Has Changed My Life For Good (195 Views)

How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Started To Work Online, It Has Changed My Life For Good by Wiley19: 5:42am On Sep 21, 2023
Before I share my story let me say that it changed my life positively, I believe I'm on a better chance of becoming successful today and more intentional in whatever I do.

I was originally not a business kind of person all through my life until about a year ago, I was 22, I believed I have a bright future ahead of me and so I was reading, learning and researching a lot, I really wanted to have a career in tech. I needed tech skills like software development, cloud engineering, NLP (chatbot/virtual assistant development), but my biggest issues was that I wasn't practicing enough, in fact almost not at all. Well, in tech you don't get paid for the knowledge, you get paid for the skills, I had that in my mind but I couldn't practice because I needed some money to start practicing. Here are things that I was doing wrong;
I was code with my phone because I didn't have a computer and I couldn't buy one for myself.

I read about cloud development, how to architect cloud resources and deploy applications in the cloud but I couldn't get started because I didn't have the money to register.

I was took free courses online and reading contents online because I couldn't pay for online classes. Let's be truthful, paid online courses are more effective than free online courses.

I was read a lot of books but most recent updated books are not free, I saw lots of eBooks I couldn't get because I have to pay.

In fact, I had more issues.

All these changed in Semptember 2021, when I made the decision to get a side hustle, make passive income, earn few bucks at my spare time so I can take of these needs and also support myself in college, I was in college at that time. What really motivated me was when I read an article about making money online doing small tasks on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Unfortunately for me, Amazon Mechanical Turk wasn't accepting workers from my region, Nigeria, so I started searching online for similar websites to make money because at this point, I wanted the money so badly. I wanted to make some money at my spare time so that I can continue to learn all the skills I needed, to have a successful career in tech (software development and cloud engineering). When I searched online, the quickest ways I found was to start making money from survey websites and micro task websites, for those I don't need to invest any money nor put in much time in advance, I could just start immediately but the best paying website were not available for Nigerians and some other part of Africa, so I spent more than two months earning pennies or nothing from the websites I registered for. Eventually it became better when I knew the websites that were legit and available for me to earn, I didn't have to go online all day searching for "legit survey/GPT websites paying Nigerians", I knew the ones that was doing well for me based on my region, I simply had to go for the best offers, surveys, tasks, etc.

In no much time, I was making more than $100 every month, sometimes more than $200. Yeah, not much, I know but I wasn't spending all my time working online, I was also keeping myself up to date with tech. Within this period I was able to buy a laptop, pay for some college fees, subscribe for internet, pay for online courses, registered for the AWS, GCP, and DigitalOcean, and currently building on these platforms. I have gotten various certifications from notable websites.

In fact, I am currently hosting various websites; one of which is my website which I linked below, where I write articles to help other people who wants to make money online doing various jobs, for specific regions were it might be hard to earn money online, I try to tell them what websites might work better for them. I can say rightnow that I am much more happy with my life and looking forward to the future. 😊

1 Like

Re: How I Started To Work Online, It Has Changed My Life For Good by eprynce(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2023
Congratulations on your discoveries and success.
I'm like you with a lot to do but no means to start.
Can you please help guide me to start earning online too
Re: How I Started To Work Online, It Has Changed My Life For Good by chatinent: 6:28am On Sep 21, 2023
Nice story. Go through it and edit some few places to give it the amazing look with your finishing touches.

(1) (Reply)

100 Profitable Business Ideas To Start In Nigeria / 10 Lucrative Skills That Are Surprisingly Easy To Learn / Palm Oil Taking Over Fuel And Diesel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.