Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu (31637 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Na family business for Nigeria na, who else to take over a family business if not the son.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by mastermaestro(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
Validated:

Abegiiii, who has he announced as his successor? He is already in his 80s, naturally a successor should have been named.
EYENECK no get template? When time comes template will become tembowl.
I am redeemed by the way, I know what I am saying.

Adeboye is still very alive and vibrant. You don't expect him to name his successor openly when he is still alive. His successor must be known to him and some very senior ministers by now.

Let him finish his assignment. The grace has not expired. Respect the oil of old men for your own good. In ministry, the older the better because grace performs more gloriously with age.

By the way, I am a Christian, not an RCCG member.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by mastermaestro(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
soccerlite:

What's rccg succession template

Baba go refused to retire when other pastor are retired at 70

You better emancipate yourself and focus more on Christ than one g.o

You think ministry work is your usual secular organizational setup. Better respect the oil and grace of old men of faith. Baba Adeboye will only leave when GOD says so. Until then, just run along. sad
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by jahsharon: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
This business is profitable
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by senteugene: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
Anointing is now hereditary
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Alliswell248: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Indeed! This is why on every corner you turn in Nigeria, there are at least 2 or 3 church businesses but you can easily count on just your hands alone the number of factories, manufacturing plants, etc., in that entire town. Continue encouraging people to set up their own church noise businesses! undecided

Nobody is stopping you from establishing a factory, or how many of your factories the government have demolished. The church is not your problem.....look for it elsewhere.

Stop the hatred.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by seguno2: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobicove:
His son has succeeded him, anyone who is not happy with it should go and open his own church, period! undecided

Well said.

How is TB Joshua’s Synagogue church doing since his wife took over after he died? What of Idahosa’s church and others who were replaced with family members after they died
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
Alliswell248:
Nobody is stopping you from establishing a factory, or how many of your factories the government have demolished. The church is not your problem.....look for it elsewhere.
Stop the hatred
Indeed! This is why on every corner you turn in Nigeria, there are at least 2 or 3 church businesses but you can easily count on just your hands alone the number of factories, manufacturing plants, etc., in that entire town. Continue encouraging people to set up their own church noise businesses! undecided

Since when did pointing out that there are exponentially more church businesses than there are factories and manufacturing plants in any particular town about to hatred against your church businesses? undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by aremubabs: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
hardon1:
If I can remember...
Eli was a priest of Israel... His Two sons hophni and phinehas were trained as priests as well.

If they hadnt died as a result of their own misbehaviour, they would have taken over after their father eli

Priesthood in buble old testament to some extent also followed family line.

So It's not different from today's practice

That was the Old Testament. The Old Covenant between Yahweh and the children of Israel.

Check the New Testament, which of the Church leaders put his son down to succeed him?

In fact, there was not one single church leader. There were many of them (named and unnamed).

There was no worry about succession because the Early Church was a true church, and not a family business that many of today's churches are.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by ThiefnubuBandit: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
Joenike929:
It started this month and it still ongoing

It not much guys but at least it can help pay your bills for a day or buy food, and it free so nothing to lose

palmpay Diamond Campaign Just Started and they are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user l can benefit too by using another phone number to register and collect your money pass. No playing that’s the trick I use to collect my own. Many people have collected their but not everyone knows about it

Only those that knows benefits from it

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02WY5HzVH7TrXYyEe2GsT5tr9fep8S8AWjHz5LNZrifMRp79SLZM64Y8amkz7JE56Hl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Useless scammer. You keep posting this scam on every thread. Use the info to assist your family members nah.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
seuncyrus:
The first time I heard this was on twitter. It sparked a debate and I was so confused . Isn't he an actor ? Was the Church willed to him or how exactly does this work ? So I got to know that he's a pastor too, He actually pastors the cave church in Lekki with his sister Tolu

But I still don't understand this Pastor with long dread , tattoos and ear piercings . Maybe I'm just old fashioned. If he's genuinely called I pray the Lord strengthens him
From his lips, he sips something
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by TOPMAN4LIFE: 12:31am On Sep 22, 2023
seuncyrus:
The first time I heard this was on twitter. It sparked a debate and I was so confused . Isn't he an actor ? Was the Church willed to him or how exactly does this work ? So I got to know that he's a pastor too, He actually pastors the cave church in Lekki with his sister Tolu

But I still don't understand this Pastor with long dread , tattoos and ear piercings . Maybe I'm just old fashioned. If he's genuinely called I pray the Lord strengthens him
Some people can be deceived but holy spirit who owns any true church can't be deceived.
Many pastors are being led by the flesh and not Holy Spirit when it comes to who succeeds them.
But the truth is that any church that is being led by the flesh and not Holy Spirit will not last the test of time,
That's why some founders turn to the occult for power to deceive and hold down some members because Holy Spirit has left them and their church.
If any one or founder thinks a church will flourish under someone that it's lifestyles is against bible doctrine esp in Nigeria, they are deceiving themselves.
That's why a Church goes down and another comes up.
So, anyone that turns church to family legacy because of personal thought or gain and not Holy Spirit directives is just deceiving themselves because the church will just be going down under their watch
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Sep 22, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:
Some people can be deceived but holy spirit who owns any true church can't be deceived.
Many pastors are being led by the flesh and not Holy Spirit when it comes to who succeeds them.
But the truth is that any church that is being led by the flesh and not Holy Spirit will not last the test of time,
That's why some founders turn to the occult for power to deceive and hold down some members because Holy Spirit has left them and their church.

If any one or founder thinks a church will flourish under someone that it's lifestyles is against bible doctrine esp in Nigeria, they are deceiving themselves.
So, anyone that turns church to family legacy because of personal thought or gain and not Holy Spirit directives is just deceiving themselves because the church will just be going down under their watch
So by this logic of yours the reason the Catholic Church has survived for over 1600 years has to do with it being lef by this holy spirit you speak of? undecided

And this holy spirit was blind to all the attempts by several popes to turn the Catholic Church into a family business since the catholic church is still here many centuries after the fact? undecided

Una own wisdom don dey keep una deceived plenty plenty. Your pastors and mogs don turn una into lie generating machines,all on their behalf. undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by myami: 1:08am On Sep 22, 2023
Jaycee07:

I completely support that view. It’s purely scriptural. Interestingly the only verse in the Bible the binds the two designations ‘ Michael the Archangel’ is Jude vs 9.
The word Archangel as used in the scriptures is singular, and it means chief Angel or Principal Angel.
Thus there can’t be two Arch Angels.
Both in his prehuman life and after his resurrection and ascension to heaven as an immortal spirit creature, Jesus Christ alone hold that designation.
Satan was an archangel. Gabriel is an archangel. What are you blabbing
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Intergrated: 1:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Kobicove:
His son has succeeded him, anyone who is not happy with it should go and open his own church, period! undecided
go to court.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Sep 22, 2023
Jaycee07:
I completely support that view. It’s purely scriptural. Interestingly the only verse in the Bible the binds the two designations ‘ Michael the Archangel’ is Jude vs 9.
The word Archangel as used in the scriptures is singular, and it means chief Angel or Principal Angel.
Thus there can’t be two Arch Angels.

Both in his prehuman life and after his resurrection and ascension to heaven as an immortal spirit creature, Jesus Christ alone hold that designation.
Rubbish statement! undecided

Jude clearly stated that Michael argued with Satan but had no authority to rebuke him, Satan. While we know from the Gospels that Jesus Christ had authority not only to rebuke Satan but also to put Him in place of eternal damnation. Clearly, your own brand of understanding also stands in direct conflict with that written in Scripture. undecided

How can a thing be said to be purely scriptural when it directly violates all that is stated in scripture, including even that which you quoted? No be blindness of another kind you carry so? undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by shineeye1: 5:01am On Sep 22, 2023
"Again, the problem is not with Jimmy taking over his father’s work; the problem is with the spirit of the father’s work in the first place. If these churches had been known as places where the poor is catered for; where the sick have found shelter; where the gospel is preached and sinners are converted; and where the leaders are living sacrificial lives, no one will say anything. They will understand that Jimmy is coming to serve and not to enrich himself."

Above encapsulates the essence of true church. Any deviation from above mission is the fraud which ALL the socalled pentecostal churches have become today
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Sep 22, 2023
shineeye1:
"Again, the problem is not with Jimmy taking over his father’s work; the problem is with the spirit of the father’s work in the first place. If these churches had been known as places where the poor is catered for; where the sick have found shelter; where the gospel is preached and sinners are converted; and where the leaders are living sacrificial lives, no one will say anything. They will understand that Jimmy is coming to serve and not to enrich himself."

Above encapsulates the essence of true church. Any deviation from above mission is the fraud which ALL the socalled pentecostal churches have become today
Are you many non-pentecostal churches any different? You people keep pretending these images you conjure up of what you refer to as a "true" church exists somewhere among your many church businesses when in fact not one such exists.. undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by HRMK: 6:08am On Sep 22, 2023
VBCampaign:

Did you read the article?

SO,YOU HAD THE TIME TO GO THROUGH SUCH A LONG EPISTLE?FOR WHAT?THAT IS INTERESTING!
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by KingOKON: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2023
Benekkk:
I’m an Independent Baptist and well acquainted with C.H. Spurgeon but I never knew this about him!

Because you never took time to find out, do you know that 90% of Catholic don't know the history of their church and popes?
Read history and let it be from different perspective
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:05am On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
undecided
so how did he practice it...
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by lomprico(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2023
populacefemz:
A son should always succeed the dad. Always. smiley

....in their family business wink
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:15am On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
No single man that has laboured to grow a church to a level where tithes/offerings run into millions of Naira, will just hand over the church to an outsider. He will always prefer his family member.

That's the reality.

He can be CEO/MD while those who ministers with his dad countiue to preach the gospel, also he would be learning the ropes
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But according to OP's story, Spurgeon wanted his son to succeed him, so he did in fact acknowledge the business was to be kept in the family. So, what point is OP trying to make here by suggesting it should be considered a family business? The church could have turned it several times larger than it eventually did if Spurgeon's son had taken the reigns from his family. grin

Talk about trying to squeeze water out of stone.... e no dey work. grin

The son Thomas when away to served before the church brought he back to inherited his father's church
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by GreatAchiever1: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2023
Janosky:

"In the 19th century, Charles Haddon Spurgeon stated that Jesus is "the true Michael" and "the only Archangel."

Martin Luther said that too.

Nah this point sweet me pass cheesy

Jesus is not Michael the archangel, although from his text I don't even know whether he took Michael as literally Christ or as a type of Christ.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Jagaban2012: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2023
Charles Spourgeon is.the basis for this mans write no Bible passage to buttress his points...you.can now see how heresy usual.creep into the house of God...

Christianity is in heavy battle around the world...all kind.of people has been sent by the worldly gods to come.and preach false doctrine to.us.....
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by sajiwere(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2023
If he is not genuinely called, God should not strengthen him? You could have just prayed for him instead of attaching condition

seuncyrus:

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by TOPMAN4LIFE: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So by this logic of yours the reason the Catholic Church has survived for over 1600 years has to do with it being lef by this holy spirit you speak of? undecided

And this holy spirit was blind to all the attempts by several popes to turn the Catholic Church into a family business since the catholic church is still here many centuries after the fact? undecided

Una own wisdom don dey keep una deceived plenty plenty. Your pastors and mogs don turn una into lie generating machines,all on their behalf. undecided
You don't understand the work of Holy Spirit
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by GanagiBitrus: 8:55am On Sep 22, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

He can be CEO/MD while those who ministers with his dad countiue to preach the gospel, also he would be learning the ropes
No such position as CEO/MD in such Churches. What you have is G.O or Senior/Lead Pastor, & he is the one totally in charge spiritually & controls the finances.
As contentious as it may appear, the practical & realistic option is usually to hand over to a family member. Except the person is not interested, but it is rare for one to reject the power & glory that goes with being a G.O.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by seuncyrus(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2023
sajiwere:
If he is not genuinely called, God should not strengthen him? You could have just prayed for him instead of attaching condition

Try to understand what I said without letting your emotions get the best of you. Matt 7:21 - 23
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by seuncyrus(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:

It is well bro. Most people now see the Church as a mega billion dollar business/ generational wealth that must passed down from generation to generation. The church now has hundreds even thousands of branches , Secondary schools, universities and even airlines , this can't just be left to any random person, I think that's what it really is . But I really hope the true successors are those ordained by God and not just trying to keep it within the family
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by crystalmoon(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No one can help your friend but himself. undecided
He is not my friend
He is someone i found aimlessly walking around
Highly delusional
Thanks for your help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Masquerade Worships, Sings Praises To Jesus; Followers Back Him (Video) / Pastor Andrew Ejimadu Prays 'Money Into His Followers' Accounts. PICS / TB Joshua: "The Prayers Of Americans Reversed My Prophesy On US Election"(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.