Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

What I Discovered About Benue (pic) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Discovered About Benue (pic) (862 Views)

What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Regionaltruth: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
Benue feels like abakiliki people + Fulani people = benue, went to benue and all i can say is sorry to them, it feels like since 1960 till now they don’t have a good working government! I saw lake, I saw a potential beach resort? I saw rocks that looks like a frozen giant, many sites that can serve as tourist locations and make revenue to the state, then food? Wow they’re truly the food basket of Nigeria but no motivation and funds to help local farmers, can you believe I ate 100 naira rice? Cow meat was surplus, have videos and pics though was scared to bring out my phone cause one boy saw my 13pro max when I went to video and started following me around, cause I literally felt like I was the richest in those communities and local governments I visited and was scared of kidnapping or stealing , again English is far from there, 90% of benue people still live in hut and doesn’t understand English.. but one thing I noticed and love about them is 1. honesty, they don’t steal except the thugs and bad eggs, I literally left goods worth half a million and not a pin was taken from it, 2. Loyal, 3. Jovial and free spirit nothing bothers them, you see them happy with no electricity, happy using a torch light phone, happy driving 1980 and 1960s vehicles, and it baffles me that they don’t see their lifestyles and environments as suffering, please government should remember benue state!! If you want to feel like an Africa a bush man Africa, go to benue! Please push to the right section

2 Likes

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Regionaltruth: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
Why can’t I post pic and video
Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by smileyoo: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Which part of Benue do you visited ?
because every state in Nigeria also have their own rural settings, and it's not peculiar to Benue state alone.
that's why nigerians are agitating for a responsible and accountable government, not all these selfish and highly corrupt system of governance.

3 Likes

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Machinegun91(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
But you forgot to mention your state of origin

Abi you don't want another person to visit your state?
Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Creamypie(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Regionaltruth:
Benue feels like abakiliki people + Fulani people = benue, went to benue and all i can say is sorry to them, it feels like since 1960 till now they don’t have a good working government! I saw lake, I saw a potential beach resort? I saw rocks that looks like a frozen giant, many sites that can serve as tourist locations and make revenue to the state, then food? Wow they’re truly the food basket of Nigeria but no motivation and funds to help local farmers, can you believe I ate 100 naira rice? Cow meat was surplus, have videos and pics though was scared to bring out my phone cause one boy saw my 13pro max when I went to video and started following me around, cause I literally felt like I was the richest in those communities and local governments I visited and was scared of kidnapping or stealing , again English is far from there, 90% of benue people still live in hut and doesn’t understand English.. but one thing I noticed and love about them is 1. honesty, they don’t steal except the thugs and bad eggs, I literally left goods worth half a million and not a pin was taken from it, 2. Loyal, 3. Jovial and free spirit nothing bothers them, you see them happy with no electricity, happy using a torch light phone, happy driving 1980 and 1960s vehicles, and it baffles me that they don’t see their lifestyles and environments as suffering, please government should remember benue state!! If you want to feel like an Africa a bush man Africa, go to benue! Please push to the right section
that one na small. Just take short distance to neighbouring taraba. The most naturally beautiful of all. I served there in takum. Rocks as big as an imaginary planet
some sitting in black forested river. Sizes bring em close to u, but they aren't actually where your eyes see them. Food costs next 2 nothing

1 Like

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Benekkk: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Corrupt politicians are the bane of Nigeria! Steal the money and stash it away abroad for your children and grandchildren to enjoy. That’s the prevailing mentality. Very frustrating situation!
Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by online4business: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
If not for the Fulani sponsored gun men I would not have ever think of leaving Benue.

Benue to taraba just move towards alufu and anyiin (suswan village)

Nigeria happened to us all.

1 Like

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by sammirano3: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
Benue people are lovely. About honesty I have experienced that first hand. Dem no get quick money mentally like those people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by youngsahito(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Regionaltruth:
enough of all this ur backlashing, tell us your state and let people narrate how primitive it is. You went to a remote side in the state and you are making it look as if all the location doesn't have any basic amenities.
Na your time go travel go abroad dey form yeye accent.

1 Like

Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Fillis: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2023
I don't quite understand why you are surprised. This is a normal state of affairs for remote parts of the country. Do you want something pretentious? Then try a destination like the classic African safari. This brand is widely advertised to attract European tourists. I myself am rather indifferent to the service and prefer to travel more often on my own, visiting the strangest non-tourist places. Everything is possible if you think through the route and the safety of the path.
Re: What I Discovered About Benue (pic) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2023
Normally na nice state,but its not developed. Their state capital sef no follow.i served there for NYSC.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To The Uk? How Is The Place Like? / Old Or New [b]tourist Attraction Centers [/b]in Nigeria, Which One Do You Know? / Dv 2008 Clarification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.