Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians (5058 Views)

Remitances From Diasporan Nigerians Have Decreased? / Adamawa Poll: Tinubu Urges Police To Conduct Full Investigation / Tinubu Urges PDP Members To Defect To APC, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by peekspot(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2023

President Bola Tinubu in an address to Nigerians living in the United States has stated the importance of their presence back in the county urging them to “forget the frustration of the previous years’ leadership.”

During a townhall meeting organised by the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission on the sidelines of the 78th UN General Assembly session in New York, on Wednesday night, Tinubu encouraged Nigerians abroad to adopt a success-oriented mindset to overcome challenges in their pursuits.

The meeting, organised by NiDCOM, provided a platform for President Tinubu to share his insights and advice with the Nigerian diaspora community in the U.S.

“I want to give you a measure that will resonate with you. I was once a diaspora. What you have been through, I have been through it. A change of mindset is necessary.

“Take it this night that Nigeria is home for business opportunities.

“Also, anywhere you stay, there is always going to be an opportunity in, and in everything you do, there is always going to be an opportunity if you know how to search and put your mind into it,’’ he said.

The president, on the other hand, expressed satisfaction with the behaviour of Nigerians who have continued to flourish in their chosen sectors in their host country.

“You are lucky to be among those who are celebrated for good manners and behaviour and are operating in an acceptable manner.

“I’m very proud of you; I have also been beneficial of inspiration, determination, commitment, and perseverance and that is all you need to get to pull through.

“But, we need you back home, Nigeria has arrived; forget the frustration of the previous year’s leadership,’’ he said.

Tinubu, who praised the efforts to educate out-of-school children, the healthcare plan, and the need to reduce poverty, stated that Nigeria is a privileged country.

Tinubu said, “Sincerely, we don’t have any reason to be poor, we are just poor in some leadership areas.

“That is what I harped on during my campaign. It was a very gruesome campaign but I won the election but if I didn’t throw myself into it with strong determination and results, I wouldn’t have won.

“There were so many hurdles on my way that would have stopped me. I refused to be stopped, you can do the same as many of you here who are contesting elections.”

He also asked Nigerians to embrace one another, saying there should be no labelling or discrimination among them.

Tinubu said, “You ought to embrace one another. No labelling, no identity, you should remove ethnic identity that tends to differentiate us.

“We are one single family, living in the same house but living in different rooms.”

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Town Hall Meeting was attended by the Minister of Foreign of Affairs, Amb. Yusuf Tuggar; Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Adegboyega Oyetola and the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the UN, Amb.Tijjani Muhammad-Bande

Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United States, Amb. Uzoma Emenike; Consul General of Nigeria in New York, Amb. Lot Egopija; and Consul General in Atlanta, Amb. Amina Samaila were also in attendance.

Others were; Governor Umo Eno of Akwa Ibom; Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State and Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq of Kwara, among others.

https://punchng.com/forget-previous-years-leadership-frustrations-tinubu-urges-diasporan-nigerians/

3 Likes

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by TemplarLandry: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
cool
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Alchemy528: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2023
cool
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Taylor92: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
Yes you all should return home

Tinubu is working

Dollar is now 1naira

No more insecurity

We now have standard healthcare

Employment don choke

Education system is top notch

No more hunger and food prices are now low

Make una come

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by rintileri: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Racoon(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
To complain and blame Buhari as they did with Jonathan dey hard this foolish criminal. Like the proverbial ostrich with head buried in the ground, this wicked soul have suddenly developed anterograde and retrograde amnesia that he is also part of the Nigeria's yesteryear of pain, anguish, despair, frustration, wanton bloodshed and killings.

This is the same man that went lamenting in Abeokuta that he made Buhari president despite the disaster that Buhari turned out to as expected given his antecedents. Guess his mummified zombies will start masturbating that he has made sense. Overhyped demigod criminal who have no place in a 21st century civilization.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by nedu666: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
I pity anyone who upon hearing this leaves America and returns to Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Racoon(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
Tinubu said, “Sincerely, we don’t have any reason to be poor, we are just poor in some leadership areas.
Yeah! Yet the APC govt you created and foisted won Nigeria the inglorious award of the world’s headquarters of extreme poverty?

“That is what I harped on during my campaign. It was a very gruesome campaign but I won the election but if I didn’t throw myself into it with strong determination and results, I wouldn’t have won.

You won what? The election the world knew it was a monumental fraud? Chatham House, EU, YIGAR, Galloway have all told you the truth. You that is even blocking public scrutiny of your so called brilliant academic performance in the CSU? You only won a crooked election! So you can only continue to deceive your mummified zombies

Tinubu said, “You ought to embrace one another. No labelling, no identity, you should remove ethnic identity that tends to differentiate us.
With the atrocities of MC Oluomo, and all your hoardes of thugs and miscreants during the 2023 election @ your behest? You refused to go campaign in the East with the myopic thinking they don't matter in the national question? Continue lying!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Wisereborn: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/forget-previous-years-leadership-frustrations-tinubu-urges-diasporan-nigerians/
grin grin grin grin grin they should forget previous years of frustration when you are naming places in Nigeria after those that brought the frustrations undecided

Put your house in order first!!!

Businesses wey dey at home, how are they faring All don close down undecided what assurances are you giving investor undecided

You want us to come and invest amidst insecurities undecided in an economy that is not steady undecided

where only the politicians and judiciary take all

Where politicians that are running the country don't obey the court

Where military can just enter anywhere and kill

Which business can survive that kind of environment except the businesses owned by the ruling class

Even a not too intelligent person will not pick such place undecided

Come, Who named you jagaban self undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Validated: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
Where is the renewed hope when $1 is now N1000?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by BigDawsNet: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Oya, make una start booking flight back home guys...

1 Like

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Sounique3: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2023

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by hammerFC: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2023
WHERE IS YOUR CERTIFICATE.

THIEF!

ACADEMIC RECORDS, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

FRAUD AND IDENTITY THEFT

CRIMINAL!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by dondodo: 7:50am On Sep 22, 2023
Like and share if you believe obi is coming to reclaim our mandate

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Uchman1759: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2023
Talking trash as usual, anybody dat will adhere to this dubious liar will live a life of regret for the rest of his life. I would have left this hell hole during pandemic when things where still cool a bit, flight to Canada now is almost 2.5m God punish all these our useless Leaders.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by WeirdAlien: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2023
They don't need your shege

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Juju70(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2023
E need ya dallar! Up up up
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2023
Ebola no get sense walahi...

He made his life doing drugs in Chicago and he doesn't want others to go seek for greener pastures abroad.

The worse he goes to France for medicare....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by seunlayi(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2023
Somebody that japa in the 70s when Nigeria was Nigeria now preaching when Nigeria is now naija. Bàbá should just do the right thing, even animals will move to a more conducive environment.

Tueeeeeeeee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Creamypie(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2023
Including yours. They left when your buhari increased fuel to then #140, and inflation rate was 3 1/2 times less than the way they are now. Nigeria is iredeemable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Offpoint1: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2023
grin grin
"... Forget previous years leadership frustrations, those were jokes... I assure you I'll show you what real frustration is" 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by McLizbae: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2023
Hmmm... Talk is cheap.
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by MrsTwrite(f): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2023
Tah!
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Higherthan: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2023
Sir, we are happy with your administration.

The only ppl who are not happy are the pigs.

They don't appreciate anything good, they condemn the Lagos you built but will never leave.
Igbos Head 🐷

1 Like

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by CandidAdmin(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2023
Sir Tinubu, if you don't want Nigerians to suffer, please divide the country. Thanks.

Food for thought - Anyone that listens to Tinubu and comes back home is in for it.

My siggy

2 Likes

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Ezedon(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2023
I'm still wondering who is mixing nicotine to this agbado master that doesn't know his left from his right, now 1 dollar is 1000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by jojothaiv(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2023
Another stupid post...

Anything about this particular government just get as e be o.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Puremind1225: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2023
Idiots everywhere
Re: Forget Previous Years’ Leadership Frustrations, Tinubu Urges Diasporan Nigerians by Promismike(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2023
How can a reasonable person listen to a government with no clear cut policies.

The only period Nigeria had notable progress was during Yar adua government because their was a clear cut policies.
APC remains the most clueless and purposeless government Nigeria has ever has.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Liberation Army Killed And Captured Alive Some Nigerian Army - IPOB / Rest In Peace Two Jolly Friends, Continue Your Friendship In Heaven (pics) / I’m Proud Of Alao-akala - Obj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.