Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG (6664 Views)

Banks, Hotels,eedc Take Down Their Nigeria Flags In East. / Schools, Banks, Hotels, Shops In Total Lockdown In Awka, Anambra State (video) / Enugu Revenue Service Seal Banks, Hotels, Other Business Establishments (2) (3) (4)

Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by TheRareGem1(f): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2023

The Federal Government has said that commercial institutions, including banks, hotels, schools, malls, recreational centres and other private sector players will be required to have certified fire safety officers.

The Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, disclosed this after conducting his maiden official inspection tour of the National Fire Academy, Sheda, Abuja.

The Minister’s media aide, Babatunde Alao, disclosed in a statement on Thursday that he canvassed the broadening of the use of the Fire Academy to accommodate private fire servicemen.

“A lot has been done, but there is still a lot more to be done. With what I have seen here, I can guarantee you that we will work very hard to see that this facility will not only be useful in training officers of the fire service but also for the private sector.

“We must make fire safety a personal affair. Every institution, commercial and social recreation centre should have certified fire and safety personnel, trained by this facility,” the minister was quoted as saying.

He explained how the academy could serve various private sector players, insisting that: “All public and commercial buildings and infrastructure such as banks, hotels, malls, restaurants, or even government buildings should have first responders that can administer basic fire fighting remedy while waiting for the arrival of a full operation squad of the country’s Fire Service.”

Dr Olubunmi explained that the tour was to fortify him with the situation of things at the facility, and also see how fire service processes could be innovated to serve a broader spectrum in line with the #RenewedHope agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The minister added that: “Today, we have over 3 million private guards certified by the NSCDC. We can have something similar for the fire service. We need private fire service men to enhance our service and response time. The President’s #RenewedHope agenda has charged us to be innovative if we must change the narrative.

“As a matter of fact, this is another innovative way to generate revenue because we expect that anyone looking to become a safety or security guard should get trained and certified by this academy

https://dailytrust.com/schools-banks-hotels-will-be-required-to-have-fire-safety-officers-fg/

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by TheRareGem1(f): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2023
This interior minister dey try o. Making wave and name already

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Solape1: 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
That is not a bad idea. Good job

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Janetudeh(f): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
It is important that we improve on our fire response rate in the country. I trust the minister will look into it.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Dpen11(f): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
When?

Seeing is believing
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by obamiyi(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Safety is important. Good decision.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by SanniAbraham15: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Great innovation.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Laryy360: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nice move Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo, ride on Sir. God bless you Sir

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Funmilayo8: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo is unarguably one of Nigeria’s finest politicians, a great Nigerian patriot and committed servant of the people. Always on the move!!!👏👏👏

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Ogbonna24: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nice one
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by ojokolax: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
More than policy, we need the federal government to ensure that compliance is adhered to strictly

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Tiwatoke2: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
Our Minister of Interior is doing fantastically well

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Tolulopeabigail: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
GREATNESS 🙌👏👏

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by biFixit(m): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
Having certified safety officers in public buildings and commercial places such as hotels, banks, malls, schools etc will no doubt help reduce the rate at which properties are destroyed because of negligence or break of safety protocols by property owners, more so, it will also create new job opportunities for our teeming unemployed youthful population.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Temmy1997(f): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
“We must make fire safety a personal affair. Every institution, commercial and social recreation centre should have certified fire and safety personnel, trained by this facility.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by kemzy107(f): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
This is a great innovation 👏

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Joyce95: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ministry of Interior you're doing Great Sir.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Oracben: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
These are the reasons why we say the right people for the Job should be given the job, all these are things that are supposed to be a must for these organization. Good work from the minister of interior.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Evelyn24: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
This is really brilliant,casualties will definitely reduce. Thanks Hon. Minister sir!

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Zeesugar(f): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
An average person should have basic fire safety knowledge.
The response rate or time for emergency should be improved
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by youngsahito(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
This young minister really hit the ground running. That is one of the basic thing both private and public instruction should have and people should be trained on how to use it.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Oluwalosolami: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
With this reform of to have personel in public places mean there will be job creation
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by benuejosh: 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
So far Wike is working, Engr. Dave Umahi is wining, Minister of Interior is showing us that he is the best and Minister of Foreign Affairs is doing excellent BUT i haven't heard from the guy from Marine and Blue Economy.

My advice again is to Dr. Edu Betta. She has been jumping from one place to another as if it is still campaign period. Paparazzi up and down. She has to calm down. I saw her standing up to clap for Tinubu at UNGA when others were sitting. Abi na my eyes? It was a flash and i didn't get to rewatch that clip.

Me i say truth when i see it o like wise the bad when i see it, i say it, like IPOB, Ortom and Boko Haram.

Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Zupay: 5:25am On Sep 22, 2023
Fire safety is important.
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by madmohamed(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2023
So they never get it before Nigeria back world country
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by MrsTwrite(f): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2023
Something that should have been in place even before now. Mtcheeew...
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2023
It is important for organization who's yet to have it.
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Benrosaria(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2023
You better don't start what you can't finish FG
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by Woodshot: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2023
Same way stationing of few police men around those premises most especially banks won't stop arm robbers.

Tell me what miracle one man would do When a building is aflame? first responders Ko first pickers ni

Make the fire service work whereby the dial of 911 would in breath of 5mins bring their vehicles screaming in around the area in question.
Re: Schools, Banks, Hotels Will Be Required To Have Fire Safety Officers – FG by iamtardey: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2023
Hope we in the getto get one too abi bawo

Magnus Abe: My Return To APC Won’t Cause Friction / Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? / The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All Ni