Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. (1047 Views)

Borno Court Jails Woman 16 Years For Defrauding 194 Widows / Nigerian Man Jumps Down From 30 Storey In Indonesia While Evading Police Arrest / Abike: Out Of 21 Drug Dealers Waiting Execution In Indonesia, 20 From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Shinjawestern: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Influencer bags two years imprisonment for reciting Islamic prayer before eating pork in Indonesia

A TikTok influencer has been sentenced to two years imprisonment in Indonesia for reciting an Islamic prayer before eating pork in a viral video.

In the video, Lina Mukherjee cringes as she utters a Muslim prayer that translates to 'in the name of God' before consuming crispy pork skin.

The 33-year-old was reported by a resident in March for the video, which amassed millions of views. The video was widely criticised in the Muslim-majority country, DailyMail reports.

She was sentenced on Tuesday, September 19, after being found guilty of “spreading information aimed at inciting h@tred against religious individuals and specific groups” at a court in the South Sumatra city of Palembang.

Pork is forbidden under Islam, which is the dominant religion in Indonesia. Mukherjee identifies as a Muslim and her actions were condemned by conservative groups including the country’s top Muslim clerical body, the Indonesian Ulema Council, which issued a ruling calling the video blasphemous.

She was also fined 250 million rupiah ($16,200) for which her jail term would be extended by three months if it was not paid.

https://fb.watch/ncmOtPuynW/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by oghalebros(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
Most you drag religion into it... Just eat your meat in peace. We like giving ourselves unwarranted trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Ceasarceasar: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
Religion wahala...

Thank God for Christianity

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Wisereborn: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Welcome to the religion of peace grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I hope those clamouring for a place of worship for one religion can read this

Person pray before she eat wetin dey hungry am, them arrest am grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is well undecided
Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Coolsperm: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
It seems most local Yoruba Muslims eat this meat too,
Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Seefinish: 4:43am On Sep 22, 2023
Where is my human right?
My religion forbids eating pork and I eat it, then I should be punished with jail term and fine?
Is it by force I should obey all my religious teachings?
Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by Konquest: 1:23am On Mar 19
Shinjawestern:
Influencer bags two years imprisonment for reciting Islamic prayer before eating pork in Indonesia

A TikTok influencer has been sentenced to two years imprisonment in Indonesia for reciting an Islamic prayer before eating pork in a viral video.

In the video, Lina Mukherjee cringes as she utters a Muslim prayer that translates to 'in the name of God' before consuming crispy pork skin.

The 33-year-old was reported by a resident in March for the video, which amassed millions of views. The video was widely criticised in the Muslim-majority country, DailyMail reports.

She was sentenced on Tuesday, September 19, after being found guilty of “spreading information aimed at inciting h@tred against religious individuals and specific groups” at a court in the South Sumatra city of Palembang.

Pork is forbidden under Islam, which is the dominant religion in Indonesia. Mukherjee identifies as a Muslim and her actions were condemned by conservative groups including the country’s top Muslim clerical body, the Indonesian Ulema Council, which issued a ruling calling the video blasphemous.

She was also fined 250 million rupiah ($16,200) for which her jail term would be extended by three months if it was not paid.

https://fb.watch/ncmOtPuynW/
Re: Indonesia Jails Woman Who Recited Muslim Prayer Before Trying Pork On Tiktok. by AOresources: 6:08am On Mar 19
Religion of ...

(1) (Reply)

Disgraced Customs Cheif Handed To Police For Extortion (by His Subordinates) / Tragedy Strikes As Pastor Allegedly Be@ts Wife To Death In Port Harcourt, Rivers / How 2 Nigerian Army F!ght$ & $tàbb£d Each Other In A Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.