Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! (7257 Views)

'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam / Are There Any Remnants From The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam)? / Ma Salam Wa Bi Salam (let's Talk Arabic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Lukgaf(m): 6:52am On Sep 22, 2023
In our daily interactions, especially in this digital age, we often use shortcuts and abbreviations. However, when it comes to our Islamic greetings, it's essential to remember the beauty and completeness of Assalamu Alaykum.

While you might see variations like Salam, Slm, or Aslm, it's a wonderful opportunity to remind ourselves of the full greeting and the blessings it carries. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"When one of you meets his brother, let him greet him with Assalamu Alaykum. Then if a tree or a wall or a stone should part them, and then he meets him again, let him return his greeting. But if he meets him after the lapse of a long time, then let him greet him with Assalamu Alaykum."

The complete greeting, Assalamu Alaykum, means "Peace be upon you," and it carries the essence of peace and blessings. To further enrich your greeting, you can add "Wa Rahmatullah" (and the mercy of Allah) and "Wa Barakatuh" (and His blessings). This makes it even more profound:

This greeting reflects our desire for peace, mercy, and blessings upon the one we are greeting. It's a beautiful way to foster a sense of brotherhood and goodwill among us.

So, the next time you greet someone, let's remember to offer the complete and enriched greeting of Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh. May it bring peace and blessings into our lives and the lives of those we meet.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Malroux: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2023
I believe Jesus is Lord.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by wis3(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2023
Jazakallahu Khairan

9 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by mohbadliveson: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2023
I love Islam. If everyone truly practices what Islam preaches, the world will be peaceful

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by hollamanng(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2023
Malroux:
I believe Jesus is Lord.

I don't support any of both religion, but it shall not be well with you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by piper7(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2023
D
Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Birminghamvirgo(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2023
Malroux:
I believe Jesus is Lord.

Why do you guys always look for problem where there's none! This is Islamic Section for God's sake...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Malroux: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2023
Birminghamvirgo:

Why do you guys always look for problem where there's none! This is Islamic Section for God's sake...
Do you swear when you comment on christian thread?

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by AntiChristian: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2023
Malroux:
I believe Jesus is Lord.

Yes he is as well as Moses and others.

They're not to be worshipped and are humans!

They are given birth to like us, ate food, suffer and enjoyed like us. However they are inspired and appointed by the almighty!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2023
Assalamu alaikum to all my Muslim brothers and sisters!

14 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by money121(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2023
Ok
Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by kennyshaddy: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2023
Assalamualaikum brothers,
Please, I need comprehensive answer to a question;
You missed some raqaks behind Imam and you are observing them back, can people that just entering mosque join you?

I hope you understand my question here...
Thank you in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2023
That's your own cup of tea.
Malroux:
I believe Jesus is Lord.

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by MS247: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2023
Alhamdulilai, Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Ndleabilli: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2023
Una wey kill

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Bintdawood(f): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2023
Alhamdulillah!
Jumu’a Mabrouk to my beloved brothers and sisters.
Jazakallah khair🙏

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by UncleKoboko: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2023
Good.

I'm just very happy that MohBad or his parents are not Muslims, as regards his quick and suspicious burial.

If not, so many senseless and frustrated pigs would have been castigating Islam and it's practice of quick burial of the dead.
They would have deflected the whole argument to religious bigotry...

Interestingly, his father is even a senior pastor and a church leader.

Shame on all enemies of Islam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by UncleKoboko: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2023
Malroux:
I believe Jesus is Lord.

Will Jesus be proud of you that you clicked and made this declaration: "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." ??

You are a hypocrite and Jesus don't like hypocrites.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by JoeEeL(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2023
Its only black man's inferiority complex that makes them incorporate another man's language from faraway, while not cherishing his own.

When will Saudi Arabia people begin to say "Ekaaro" or "L'ase Edumare"

Or when will the Israelis begin to say "Oluwa yio bukun fun e"...

But u see black man go abandon hin own rich language go dey say "Shalom" or "Asam alakum"... In d 21st century o! Chai.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Bintasukai: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
What of that Terrorist chants before Bomb is dropped OFF?

Isn’t it funny that the people that actually support and finance the terrorists are christians. A la USA and France.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by maivd: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Without lies islam dies

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by motayoayinde: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2023
kennyshaddy:
Assalamualaikum brothers,
Please, I need comprehensive answer to a question;
You missed some raqaks behind Imam and you are observing them back, can people that just entering mosque join you?

I hope you understand my question here...
Thank you in anticipation

YES THEY CAN

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by 1Sharon(f): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Bintasukai:

Isn’t it funny that the people that actually support and finance the terrorists are christians. A la USA and France.

How does this make sense? It is rich Arab nations that support and fund terrorism.

Life is too sweet for a rich Arab, you can't convince him to blow himself up. Suicide bombing and terrorism is for poor and desperate Muslims. Na them be the slaves/foot soldiers of Islam. Poor nations like Pakistan, Somalia, Nigeria do all the dirty work to advance and spread Islam

The Arabs sit back and watch the carnage.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by lomprico(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lukgaf:
In our daily interactions, especially in this digital age, we often use shortcuts and abbreviations. However, when it comes to our Islamic greetings, it's essential to remember the beauty and completeness of Assalamu Alaykum.

While you might see variations like Salam, Slm, or Aslm, it's a wonderful opportunity to remind ourselves of the full greeting and the blessings it carries. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"When one of you meets his brother, let him greet him with Assalamu Alaykum. Then if a tree or a wall or a stone should part them, and then he meets him again, let him return his greeting. But if he meets him after the lapse of a long time, then let him greet him with Assalamu Alaykum."

The complete greeting, Assalamu Alaykum, means "Peace be upon you," and it carries the essence of peace and blessings. To further enrich your greeting, you can add "Wa Rahmatullah" (and the mercy of Allah) and "Wa Barakatuh" (and His blessings). This makes it even more profound:

This greeting reflects our desire for peace, mercy, and blessings upon the one we are greeting. It's a beautiful way to foster a sense of brotherhood and goodwill among us.

So, the next time you greet someone, let's remember to offer the complete and enriched greeting of Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh. May it bring peace and blessings into our lives and the lives of those we meet.

It's Arabic not Islamic. Thats the Arabic way of greetings. Christian Arabs also greet like that. Religion does not have any language.
Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by olayinka63: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
Assalamu alaikum to all my Muslim brothers and sisters!
Wa Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakaatuhu

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Freedom4us: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
I find it funny the way that moslems get hung up on Arabic.

Jesus Never spoke Arabic.
Moses never spoke Arabic.
Abraham never spoke Arabic.

God is multi lingual,
in fact God enabled the Jews to preach the gospel in many languages.

Acts 2
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues,
as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded,
because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another,
Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Yet for some funny reason allah only understands Arabic, while God is multi lingual

UncleKoboko:

Will Jesus be proud of you that you clicked and made this declaration: "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." ??
You are a hypocrite and Jesus don't like hypocrites.
Funny you said, "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

The fact that in the same sentence moslems say God & allah,shows that there is a difference.

This video by this moslem explains that God & allah are indeed different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-i_usnHXs

In fact I remember vividly that on Documents they swear by God or allah.
God for Christians and allah for moslems.
If they are the same then why mention both?

To show that there is a word for God and its not allah,
this moslem mentions both God & allah while speaking arabic at around 00:23sec
He had to specify his calls on allah not God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Who do you really think you can try to lead astray here?muslims?,not really because you're just pushing yourself deep into darkness of falsehood.The reason why Allah and God are the same and not same is because the english word to refer to the supreme being is not sacred and made only for Him.The word "God" in english sounds and works more like a status and not an Identity to the only Creator.And that's why the words like god,goddess,God-fatherism etc exists.We all know the Creator of Heaven and Earth is one but the word "God" specifically wasn't made for him as a hindu man,buddist,sikh,confuciousist etc can also call their lord with the word "God". Imagine people having the audacity to nickname themselves with names that have "God" attached to it especially when they're the best or at acme of it e.g,forexgod,bitcoin god,God of programming etc.
That's why when the shahada is said;There's no God or deity worthy of worship except Allah,that means there's no any other deity that claim to be God is worthy of worship except Allah.You also said that muslims are hung up to arabic because of some beliefs you have about muslim.Allah Almighty revealed the Qur'an in arabic so that he the one who the Qur'an is revealed to.and,the Qur'an emphasis on many things cannot be translated into other language properly.Yes,we have translation of the Qur'an but it's recitation remains in arabic,this is so because the beauty of the words must be preserved.
Freedom4us:

God is multi lingual,

Acts 2
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues,

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded,

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Yet for some funny reason allah only understands Arabic, while God is multi lingual

Funny you said, "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

The fact that in the same sentence moslems say God & allah,shows that there is a difference.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by EmmaLege: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
wink
Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by trendist: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dey there
Re: The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! by chuose2: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Freedom4us:

God is multi lingual,

Acts 2

Thank God that He understands our native languages.
For a while I thought God only understood arabic

And it makes sense after all Moses did not speak Arabic angry

So God understands all languages & allah only understands Arabic.

Interesting sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salah Break: Thursday & Friday (confirm) / Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? / Islamic Civilisation, Islamic Law And Reforming The Islamic Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.