Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,009 members, 7,849,068 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Free Education: Soludo Is On Missionary Work In Anambra- Obigwe - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free Education: Soludo Is On Missionary Work In Anambra- Obigwe (113 Views)

Free Education: Soludo Suspends Four Principals For Disobedience / Free Education: Soludo Kicks 4 Principals For Sabotage / Free Education Project Topics And Project Materials For Msc, Ma, Bsc, Hnd, Nce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Education: Soludo Is On Missionary Work In Anambra- Obigwe by TonyRazor(m): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2023
Tony Okafor, Awka

Free Education: Soludo is on Missionary work in Anambra- Obigwe

The National Coordinator of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)Media Warriors Forum, Chinedu Obigwe, has described the administration of the state governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, in Anambra State as a missionary work.

Obigwe said this in a statement made available to our correspondent on Friday in Awka, Anambra State.

His reaction followed the free education declared by Soludo on Thursday in all public schools in the state.

Stating that Soludo was determined to accomplish his objectives to the state, Obigwe quipped,"Governor Soludo is obviously hell bent to accomplish his missionary work in Anambra."

Obigwe's statement read in part,"First, it was our women that he favoured in a special way by offering them free antenatal care and free delivery services in all government owned hospitals in Anambra and now he has extended his kind gesture to our children by declaring free education from Nursery, to Primary and to Jss3.

" Governor Soludo did this because of his background.

"It's important to remind people that Governor Soludo was not from a rich background and he knew how his parents suffered to get him educated and decided to lessen the burden of our parents.

"Having travelled that tortuous road, he does not want any Anambra child to be denied the benefit of going to school because of poor family background.

"It's important for me to also add that what Governor Soludo announced yesterday is exactly what he was doing in his own little way at isuofia.

"He adopted a school at isuofia long time ago and have been paying all fees for the students of that school.

"They don't pay anything because Governor Soludo is taking care of them.

"Now that he is Governor, he decided to extend it to the whole Anambra children as long as he remains on seat as our Governor.

"The claim that Federal government declared free education in Nigeria and funding that through UBEC is a lie from the pit of hell.They did that on paper and not in reality.

"If you dig deeper as I did yesterday, you will see that Federal government funds free education in Nigeria on paper and not in reality. You can consult a Principal or anyone that works in Ministry of education to know the truth. As for me, I consulted a former Commissioner for Education that is like a mother to me and she tutored me well about UBEC.

"The disgruntled opposition elements came up with such fallacious claim to downplay Governor Soludo kind gesture for our children but they have failed and will remain failures.

Stating that a certain governor of the state once told the people of the state that education was not meant for the poor and consequently hike up school fees and levies, Obigwe said, "Governor Soludo has shown Ndi Anambra uncommon love and we will remain forever grateful to him."

He added,"Our daily prayer is for the almighty God to reward him abundantly for all the good things he is doing in our state.

(1) (Reply)

How To Crate Talkatone (2023) / Importance Of Early Childhood Education: Finding The Right Child Care For You / Our Reasons May Be Genuine, But They Lack Validity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.