Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Ewa Agonyin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ewa Agonyin (8658 Views)

Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians / How To Cook Ewa Agoyin / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ewa Agonyin by i4serious: 2:43am On Sep 12, 2007
Ladies in the house,
who knows how to prepare ewa agonyin? with its stew?.
Pls. indicate d type of pepper to use then the process thanks.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by ssRhino: 2:48am On Sep 12, 2007
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, this is the best beans with fresh bread from the bakery, and top it with nice fresh palm wine.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by omoge(f): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2007
emu grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by omoge(f): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2007
waiting for the recipe too
Re: Ewa Agonyin by ssRhino: 2:56am On Sep 12, 2007
yes oh, omoge, fresh emu from the tree, damn!!!! plssssssssssss i gotta go home to nija jare
Re: Ewa Agonyin by CrazyMan(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2007
So no one has the recipe ?
Re: Ewa Agonyin by ssRhino: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2007
I heard it was some special nigerian that made that thing for sale, i remember when i visited nigeria last, i hate it every morning with fresh bread and that is what i missed most about nija, damn! you pple wanna make me go home ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, even if i get the recipe, i am sure some of the ingridient wont be available to me. cry
Re: Ewa Agonyin by metodman(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2008
well, my mom is from Togo and she is agonyin, if you eat am cooked at home,u will definitely enjoy it, am suffering here in southy cos i missed all these foods, i wan return back home cos of food!
Re: Ewa Agonyin by cooldude62(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2008
helpppppppp
Re: Ewa Agonyin by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2008
******subscribing to thread******
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Mustay(m): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2008
Re: Ewa Agonyin by aristole(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2008
**********Take a spoon and start messing around ****
Re: Ewa Agonyin by dipo2much(m): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
Men,EWA AGONYIN is the bomb. The woman down street stopped selling it 2 years ago and since then I have been aching to have a taste of ewa agoyin. I will try the recipe as stated in the link. It sounds simple enough. By God's grace it'll work.
EWA AGONYIN AND WHITE YAM. one of my best.

My mouth don dey water sef.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by kenypumpin: 12:14am On Jan 28, 2008
i luv ewa agoyin and correct agege bread dt is jsut 4rm the bakery and chilled water an wetin u cal correct food be dat oo
Re: Ewa Agonyin by osisi5: 1:46am On Jan 28, 2008
what kind food be this.
The name sounds dangerous grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by omoge(f): 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2008
osisi, you need to try that ewa o. it's so delicious. it's red beans but the way they prep it eh  grin you go like am well well.
i look forward to the day someone will post the real recipe smiley
how you dey sha  wink
Re: Ewa Agonyin by osisi5: 2:23am On Jan 30, 2008
my sister I dey o.
na only hunger
Re: Ewa Agonyin by omoge(f): 4:12pm On Jan 30, 2008
na lie grin hunger no dey amerikah grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by kingsikaz(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
this is fantastic!

to enjoy d thing well well, just use ya hand chop am , just use d soft bread(buredi agege) dey pack d beans from angle 45 degree.u see if d plate no wan gree just use ur hand raise am small so that e go bend for easy downloading,

ewa agonyin, i lik am too much!
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2008
I love ewa agonyin, hmmmmh grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2008
stillwater:

I love ewa agonyin, hmmmmh grin
what is ewa gboyin. . .is it beans cooked with plaintain and palm oil. . .?
Re: Ewa Agonyin by 4Him(m): 4:23am On Mar 03, 2008
morenike09:

what is ewa gboyin. . .is it beans cooked with plaintain and palm oil. . .?

u shld have asked me, i just finished my pot of ewa agoin last week.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 03, 2008
4Him:

u shld have asked me, i just finished my pot of ewa agoin last week.
okkk, what is it then?
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 03, 2008
it's just beans and some kind of stew that goes with it. It's prepared in a special way, I don't even know how they make it undecided
Re: Ewa Agonyin by 4Him(m): 4:35am On Mar 03, 2008
stillwater:

it's just beans and some kind of stew that goes with it. It's prepared in a special way, I don't even know how they make it undecided

Its easy and doesnt require a stew as such. First get some beans (there is one special type that is best for ewa agoin. I cant describe it so well but its usually the biggest and the finest beans in the nigerian market . . . just light brown).

I usually first boil the beans with water and some salt . . . it shldnt burn unless u forget it on the fire. When the beans is soft enough get another pot and heat some palm oil. Add your beans, it shld contain water so dont add too much at this point. Add dry pepper, some dry cray fish if u want and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
I dont mash it into a paste but it shld look a bit like porridge when its done.

Get agege bread or cold soaked garri and food is ready! grin welcome to my kitchen m'ladies.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:37am On Mar 03, 2008
ohh that. . .i know how to cook that. . .just that i never knew it was called egboyin. my mom always call it ewa pupa. . .lol. . grin i use to eat that in naija. . .loveeeeeee it. i usually add plantain though tongue
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 03, 2008
hmmmh I'll try it, I haven't eaten beans for months now. hmmmh I miss agege bread embarassed.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 03, 2008
ok, which one is agege brad now o. . .those white bread, that's unsliced? you know what? nevermind. stillwater, i think you came online to confuse me today tongue
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 03, 2008
Agege bread is a celebrity when it comes to bread in Lagos, I don't know about other states undecided. Of course it's the unsliced and white bread. It's the bread you see hawkers selling most of the time.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by TheSly: 5:12am On Mar 03, 2008
arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! cheesy

I remember back in ma secondary school days. . .when i used to patronize ''Iya akudu'' cheesy
Mayne. . .You need to see how she prepared her ''ewa''. . .
Maybe she was cooking 5cups with 2buckets of water with sum hard meats that you would eat from your Classroom to your house. . . . cheesy grin cheesy. . . (The beans Na soo So water full inside but we didn't care) cheesy beans na beans. . cheesy

All i knew was that her ''ewa'' was superb . .

Few years back. . .i tried to cook sum myself, i didnt know what went wrong with it. .
All i realized was that after i ate the whole 3cups that i prepared. . .i went to the toilet for about 172times that day. . embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Since then. . . .beans aint ma thing. . . embarassed cry embarassed Owww!!! embarassed cry
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 03, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! cheesy

I remember back in ma secondary school days. . .when i used to patronize ''Iya akudu'' cheesy
Mayne. . .You need to see how she prepared her ''ewa''. . .
Maybe she was cooking 5cups with 2buckets of water with sum hard meats that you would eat from your Classroom to your house. . . . cheesy grin cheesy. . . (The beans Na soo So water full inside but we didn't care) cheesy beans na beans. . cheesy

All i knew was that her ''ewa'' was superb . .

Few years back. . .i tried to cook sum myself, i didnt know what went wrong with it. .
All i realized was that after i ate the whole 3cups that i prepared. . .i went to the toilet for about 172times that day. . embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Since then. . . .beans aint ma thing. . . embarassed cry embarassed Owww!!! embarassed cry
it's your won fault that you wanted to be so greedy and not share it with me. . .you even decided to run inside the toilet, where you knew i wnt be able to catch you , to eath that beans. . .olojukokoro omo, omo mola
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 03, 2008
@ sly
Three cups of beans? which kain stomach you get? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Homemade Rich Tea Biscuits (step By Step Guide) / Lagos Arrests Butchers Selling Tuberculosis Infected Beef / What Is The Ideal Christmas Meal Or Combination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.