Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? (453 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / What's The Salary Structure For Commissioned Officers In Nigerian Army? / Who Is Paid Most? Army, Navy Or Airforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Don't know where to post this per say, so I use here.

Really would like to know, Do non commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Airforce Fly Planes too?
Or fly jets and/or Choppers?
Maybe a select number of them or senior NCOs, do they?
I'm Curious to know...
Good evening
Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by DomPerignon: 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
GreaterFuture:
Don't know where to post this per say, so I use here.

Really would like to know, Do non commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Airforce Fly Planes too?
Or fly jets and/or Choppers?
Maybe a select number of them or senior NCOs, do they?
I'm Curious to know...
Good evening

No.

We follow the traditions of the Royal Air Force .

Only officers are allowed to take command of any aircraft be it transport , fighter , or gunship.

In the US military , NCOs can only fly transport aircrafts or command medic evacs.

Any and all combat aircraft is reserved for commissioned officers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by Jennieee4(f): 2:46am On Sep 23, 2023
I don't know
Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by GreaterFuture(m): 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
DomPerignon:

No.

We follow the traditions of the Royal Air Force .

Only officers are allowed to take command of any aircraft be it transport , fighter , or gunship.

In the US military , NCOs can only fly transport aircrafts or command medic evacs.

Any and all combat aircraft is reserved for commissioned officers.

Okay.
Even in times of extreme war, NCOs cannot fly fighter Jets? Even if it's senior NCOs?
Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by DomPerignon: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Okay.
Even in times of extreme war? NCOs cannot fly fighter Jets?

No.

As I said only in the US armed forces are NCOs allowed to fly aircrafts but not in a combat role.

NCOs can only fly MedEvacs , transport cargo aircrafts and in some low rated intelligence gathering , recon flights.

I don't know of Drone aircrafts but I believe ground pilots are usually NCOs but under very strict command supervision of a superior commanding officer in a mission situation room.
The command to initiate a direct strike from a Predator drone will come from a joint task force headed by a mission commander usually a one star ⭐ Briggs and above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by DomPerignon: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Okay.
Even in times of extreme war, NCOs cannot fly fighter Jets? Even if it's senior NCOs?

There are war time commissions that will see to an NCO being promoted to an officer but this is always due to a shortage of manpower and mostly from ground forces mainly infantry where a platoon or company officer is either KIAed or severely wounded and FOB will comission the highest ranking NCO to continue the mission under a new war rank. Usually after a mission or the end of the war, the NCO reverts back to his pre war rank and cadre.

Commissioning NCOs to fly combat missions has never happened because of the skill requirement of manning the equipment and doing combat sorties.

This will be like asking a nurse assisting a surgeon to continue an operation after the surgeon suddenly passes out mid surgery. Not going to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by GreaterFuture(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
DomPerignon:

There are war time commissions that will see to an NCO being promoted to an officer but this is always due to a shortage of manpower and mostly from ground forces mainly infantry where a platoon or company officer is either KIAed or severely wounded and FOB will comission the highest ranking NCO to continue the mission under a new war rank. Usually after a mission or the end of the war, the NCO reverts back to his pre war rank and cadre.

Commissioning NCOs to fly combat missions has never happened because of the skill requirement of manning the equipment and doing combat sorties.

This will be like asking a nurse assisting a surgeon to continue an operation after the surgeon suddenly passes out mid surgery. Not going to happen.
Okay, thanks for feedback & explanations
Re: Do Non-commissioned Officers In The Nigerian Airforce Fly Aircrafts Too? by CrownStarPro(m): 12:55am On Sep 25, 2023
And here is a list of the 10 best airforce in Africa. You can read up so you know which country has the strongest and weakest Airforce in Africa https://militarywifi.com/top-best-air-forces-in-africa/

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Artist Needed For Employment / Jamb CBT Ebooks Needed Please / When Choosing Your Profession, Choose Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.